Dr. Brian Shannon MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Hermitage, PA

3.8

April 27th, 2017
Find another doctor promptly
Dr. Shannon is a jack of all trades ortho doctor. He does knees, hips, backs, etc. He does not give clear answers and is vague with his responses. He is consistently late and makes his patients wait over an hour for scheduled appointments. His staff is unprofessional and rude. His staff over books appointments. My advice is to go to a surgeon who specializes--especially when it comes to your spine. Find a Surgeon that does nothing but spinal surgeries. I think Shannon takes on too patients as well. I regret having him do my surgery. Please seek second opinions from surgeon's in Pittsburgh and Cleveland before going here. He also does not listen to his patients and how they are feeling and what they have to say.

February 26th, 2017
Seek other opinions before having surgery
I regret every single day not going to a physician in Pittsburgh for my spinal surgery. My pain never got any better. I still suffer every day.

September 7th, 2016
I agree, he does take arrogance to a whole new level. He makes you feel extremely uncomfortable, he's socially awkward like everything he says to you is scripted. I could have a better conversation with the wall. I've had knee problems since college and he has not at all helped. I wouldn't waste my time with this clown.

November 11th, 2015
waste of 3 months
While many surgeons have an arrogance about them,Dr. shannon takes arrogant to a new level. He refused to speak to me about multiple back areas in one visit, even though I have multiple problems. He admitted he did not look at the MRI films he only read the report from the radiologists. It took me 5 weeks to get each appointment And I gained nothing. He seems to offer everyone an epidural shot and when I asked about physical therapy he actually said "therapy...you want that sure I will sign you up... It went work but I will sign you up." I wasted 3 months with this joker and now I ha e to find another person who is actually qualified to treat the spine,not just a elbow and knee guy who should work in sports medicine only. AVOID him if you want a real treatment plan.