Brian M Slomovitz, MD
100 1st St
Ste 302
Hackensack, NJ 07601
201-883-0900
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.7209302325581 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 24th, 2014

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Slomovitz. He is gentle, kind , caring, professional and brilliant.

Aug 19th, 2013

This is a follow up from my January 11, 2012 review. Good news, I just a lovely baby girl at age 42.5 with my own eggs! If not for the intervention and surgical skill of Dr Slomovitz, this might not have been possible! He removed the worst fibroids, and preserved my uterus. I had zero complications during the pregnancy.......Again I am so grateful to him and his team for performing the surgery to remove the fibroids, which had prevented me from getting pregnant. He ROCKS!!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 13th, 2013

Dr. Slomovitz is great! He has wonderful bedside manner and spends time explaining things to you and answering your questions. His staff is friendly and made my experience enjoyable. He also gave me a great referral to a colo-rectal surgeon (Dr. Bertram Chinn) whom I found equally accessible and accurate in his diagnosis.

Nov 30th, 2012

Excellent

|  Excellent physician.  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

I went to Dr. Slomovitz on the recommendation of other physicians. He has quite a good reputation among his peers- and it is well-deserved. I found him to be knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon- accomplishing a difficult procedure that my own gyno would not attempt. He is the best of the best in his field and I would recommend him without reservation.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Slomovitz. He has treated me with the utmost care and offered me options I would not have had at other institutions. He is further backed up by an excellent team of nurses and practitioners in his office and the chemo infusion center that provide excellent services, care, and compassion.

|  Terrific Caregiver!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Was referred by my ob/gyn for robotic surgery expertise. Could not have been more pleased with the quality and manner of care. Dr Slomovitz is outstanding - always spends whatever time I need - called to checkin prior to surgery - explained everything, answered any question. Extremely skilled at his profession - felt I was in great hands throughout and ongoing! Highly recommend him!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Slomovitz for a robotic myomectomy to remove uterine fibroids. I had tried to get pregnant with IVF and my when it failed, they said I needed to remove the fibroids. I was so petrified of doing a myomectomy, but the robotic option - which is less invasive and has a quicker healing timeframe was explained by Dr Slomovitz. He answered all our questions, called me the night before the surgery to check on me, explained everything before, and after the surgery. I never felt he was patronizing in any way. He was just really nice to my husband and I. The surgery went well, and the incisions healed very nicely. Fingers crossed now for a pregnancy, but my experience with Dr. Slomovitz and the entire staff at Morristown Medical Center was superb!

Oct 16th, 2011

sent to him after 3 doctors couldn't help. he did great surgery and i am feeling great. best dr...

|  Greatest care available  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in 2008 at Overlook Hospital and have been treated by Dr. Slomovitz since. From the beginning, he has taken the time to answer mine and my family's questions and determine the best course of treatment for me. He is also extremely active with various trials available for ovarian cancer for which I have participated in. Along the way, I experienced complications due to my illness and he made himself available at all times to make sure I was receiving the best care. I can't say enough about the care I was provided and continue to receive from Dr. Slomovitz and his staff and would recommend him to anyone facing the same difficult challenge.

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON, WA  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2011

I was very comfor

Sep 18th, 2011

I was deeply conflicted about posting this review. But I feel in my heart that this may be helpful for prospective patients to know the truth. Something went wrong with the surgery he'd performed. Though it's not the end of the world, mistakes do happen and they cause great suffering & inconvenience for both the patient and the patient's loved ones. I would have held him in greater esteem if he'd taken the initiative to apologize for what happened and take corrective steps. Instead, he chose to blame the patient, he neglected the appropriate follow-up care and left the mess he'd made for another doctor to clean up.

|  Job Well done  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

My 21 year old daughter went to see him regarding a cyst on her right ovary. He explained to us that the cyst has to be removed or else it could cause the ovary to twist. We agreeded to have it removed two weeks later. Two days after our fisrt visit with him my daughtrer was is so much pain that we had to bring her to the hospital for Dr Slomovitz to do an emergency surgey. The surgery lasted about 3 hours and he was able to save her right ovary. He did say that during the surgery he noticed that her ovary was twisted, but he was able to untwist it and save it from being removed. After two weeks of rest my daughter was feeling so much better. Excellent Dr. and job well done.

|  Very Impressed  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

Dr. Slomovitz is an exceptional doctor. He is very knowledgeable and agreed to assist Kuchera in an emergency surgery for me. He fixed what they had messed up. I am most grateful to him. He had me call him on his cell phone while I waited for a bed in the ER and he really took control of the situation putting my mind at ease. I was in a life threatening situation. He took a passive approach but acted immediately when he saw my conditioning worsening. His bedside manner is one of the best. I will no longer go to anyone else. *Very grateful for good doctors and to be alive*

Jul 18th, 2011

Less than caring....when he could not slow down the spread of ovarian cancer, he advised there was nothing more he could do and walked out on me. Was always on his cell phone checking messages when he was discussing my condition. Did'n realy care about what was going on with me.

|  Excellent job  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I had a complicated case. It was supposed to be a laser ovarian cystectomy, but couldn't be done that way, as the cyst had adhered to my large intestine. I ended up having to have my uterus removed as well. However, I healed very quickly and there was absolutely no damage to my large intestine. And, I still have one ovary. Dr. Slomowitz did an amazing job.

Apr 28th, 2011

After learning that I had uteran cancer I was referred to Dr.Slomovitz because I needed a total hysterectomy. I can't say enough good things about the way I was treated by the staff and by the doctor. They were all very caring and extremely helpfull with arrange all the pretesting that needed to be done before surgery. I would recommed Dr.Slomovitz to any women looking for a caring and compasinate doctor.

Feb 25th, 2011

I have received 2 opinions from 2 OBGYN's who stated I needed a hysterectomy. I was referred to Dr. Slomovitz for surgery. He went over my records and told me bluntly, you have a 0.1% change of gettng cancer, surgery is not necessary. I am following-up with future care.

|  Very knowlegeable, professional, kind and gentle.  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

It was very traumatic when after many years of problems with my health I was referred to Dr. Slomovitz. I was not able to sleep for a couple of nights prior to my appointment. Luckily, he was very kind and gentle and he made me feel comfortable right away. He gave me his opinion in a very professional manner, and provided me with specific information that I needed in order to understand my situation. He was very helpful when discussing and answering my questions. I am very thankful and I would highly recommend him.

|  Very kind and caring  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

He was a true gentle man and took his time going over everything with me. He also made sure you know you can reach him if you have any questions. He was wonderful... I highly recommend using him.

|  Would recommend to family and friends  |  show details
by Donna Odom on Nov 17th, 2009

The office staff were exceptional. Kind and always caring. At this time you need all of the kindess and understanding you can get. Dr. Slomovitz never seemed to be rushed. He made sure all of my questions were answered and gave me his business email in case I thought of any questions when I got home. I would recommend him to family and friends!!!