Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon, Medical Oncologist
Video profile

2.5

Dec 26th, 2014

Worst surgeon ever. If you go to him, get a second opinion fast.

Lucky To Have Him As A Doctor show details Lucky To Have Him As A Doctor
Feb 17th, 2014

This doctor is top notch. See him if you want excellent treatment. Don't see him if you have no friends, or will be angry if he doesn't "say goodbye to you". If people have complaints, it's because they are frustrated by their health issues, and need to place blame for their circumstances This doctor does his job, and he does it better than anyone. Don't listen to whining reviewers.

Excellent and knowledgeable show details Excellent and knowledgeable
Jan 22nd, 2014

I had a complex breast cancer; a recurrence on my opposite side. Dr. S spent a lot of time explaining my options to me and guiding me through the process. I recovered well and am very happy with my surgery. The doctor and his staff have an extensive knowledge base and I would recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Aug 8th, 2013

My experience with this doctor was horrible. I brought my son in for a mass near his collarbone. He asked two questions only, didn't review any records or test results and then just looked at me and said "it's nothing" which is completely unprofessional. I asked what he based his "it's nothing" response on and he said a "gut feeling" he offered no medical reason for his decision. I went to ask another question and he said if I'm asking if it could be a tumor he said yes it could but highly unlikely and reminded me that was a gut feeling. Ridiculous! When I didn't swoon over his so-called expert "gut feeling" he quickly snapped and said "you obviously don't trust me so I'll order a cat scan" he said that as he had one foot out the door. He was done with us....I guess our whole 2 minutes of his time was the limit. Not only will I get a second opinion, but I will NEVER EVER let him touch my son for anything. Go to another doctor, he's arrogant, he rushes you, and he is not thorough. If I could give negative stars as a review I would....Oh and one last thing his office staff sucks too, but who wouldn't working for him?!?!?!

Go elsewhere. show details Go elsewhere.
May 17th, 2012

He never said goodbye and thanks to me before leaving the surgery room and I put up with a lot of pain. The office didn't follow up on me. I need to go back because he stitched me up horribly and I will most likely have bad scarring because of his poor work.

11-2006 show details 11-2006
Oct 19th, 2011

I was able to learn from Dr. Spivack of a procedure to fix my stomach and esophagus from potential cancer due to years of GERD. I had surgery and have been 95% relieved of the GERD since. DOWNSIDE: I have a significant increase of flatulence since surgery. However, it beats suffering and sleep issues due to GERD.

Oct 16th, 2011

I went to this "doctor" for my hiatal hernia. His bedside manners were horrible. He treated me like a ignorant person. I have been in the healthcare profession for 22 years. I ended up going to Loma Linda and having an awesome surgeon correct my hiatal hernia. The surgeon at Loma Linda gave me back my life. Seek a second opinion if your insurance sends you to Dr. Spivak.My experience with him was not good at all. If I ever need any surgery, I do not trust this man to do it. I will pay cash and go elsewhere. Beware!! Get a second opinion!!

Aug 5th, 2011

He ruined what remained of my Aunt's life. We should have filed a complaint, or worse, but we were exhausted by the end of her illness that took her life. Not a highly skilled surgeon, to say the least. No bedside manner. You will be just a "number" with Brian Spivack.

Listens and hears what you're saying! show details Listens and hears what you're saying!
by Bailey on Jan 11th, 2011

When I spoke he actually heard me and my concerns. That's exactly how a good doctor should be.

thyroidectomy show details thyroidectomy
by mrs.jackson on Feb 23rd, 2010

this doctor did a throidectomy on me and ruined my life. he removed my parathyroids and now i take lots of calsuim and vit d,i have fatigue and terrible bone and muscle problems. i no longer can work due to the problems of this surgery. should of never happened i didnt have cancer it was hashimotos!