Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile

Arrogant and ignorant. show details Arrogant and ignorant.
Feb 3rd, 2015

Arrogant uncaring. Asked him to share test results and he did not realize he was looking at them. Not familiar w my diagnosis and too arrogant to look it up. Persists in his first inappropriate recomnendation for nitroglycerin despite the fact that no spikes and then goes way low resulting in fairing and injury fr lowering bp. Does not listen. Thinks he already knows.

Would not recommend show details Would not recommend
Apr 30th, 2014

I visited Dr. Strunk on ER doc's orders because I was diagnosed with WPW. I went there and waited probably about 30 minutes in his office before he actually showed up. He was very detailed in his explanation of my diagnosis, however he did not actually do the tests or evaluate me himself, except to check my heart rate for a few minutes. I was then told to schedule a follow-up in a month so I scheduled an apt. but could not make it because I was going out of the country. I called his office and his team refused to let me speak to him without coming in person. RIDICULOUS. I said I just wanted to make sure it was okay for me to travel, and they said they would leave my info and hopefully have him approve. Called again the next day, nothing. ;Lady at the front said she would make sure he called or at least SOMEONE to approve I was okay to travel. Still heard nothing. I was then charged for not showing up to my appointment, well hello I was traveling. I refuse to pay this fee and it has now been 3 months, have not heard a single thing. Do they care? Nope.

Great and Thanks show details Great and Thanks
by Ghassan Khabbaz on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Strunk has been our family cardiologist and sometimes our family doctor for over 30 years. I can not say enough good things about him. He saved my life by finding I had several arteries blocked requiring bypass even though I had no symotoms. He was always caring, thorough and very professional.

Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Doctor
by N., Lisa on Feb 28th, 2013

There are no words to describe my intense dislike of Dr. Strunk. My mother in law has been a patient of his for 30 years and while she is under the impression that he actually cares about her and her health, we as a family do NOT! Let's start with appointments with him. he is NEVER on time, and that is if he shows up at all! His office staff are enabeler's of his unprofessional behavior, explaining the last time we waited over an hour for our family appt. to discuss options for my mother in laws current heart issues, that "he was very tired today, and that was why he was late!" Call me callus, but I don't care that he is tired! Once we did meet he was confrontational, rude and disregarding of our concerns and questions about what the options were for our mother. My mother in law had a very serious brain hemorrhage about 6 years ago, and 3 years after this, she ended up in the hospital because she got dizzy and fell and gashed her head. While she was in the hospital we discovered that the reason she had been feeling this dizziness and constant fatigue for the last 3 years, was because she had been taking a medication that she was only supposed to take for 4 to 6 months after the incident. Dr. Strunk continued to refill this prescription for her for 2 1/2 years after she was no longer supposed to be taking it. When we inquired about this "mistake" his comment to us all was "oh well, moving on now!" Because my mother in law insisted we did not pursue legal action against him, against our better judgment, we decided to respect her wishes! Because of his lack of comprehensive care for our mother as her cardiologist, her quality of life was drastically compromised and quite possible shorted as a result of his negligence. Needless to say we do NOT recommend you or anyone you love seek cardiac care from this man!

Sep 9th, 2009

Well regarded by my doctor and my former heart doctor. Envolved in heart research locally.