Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
4048 Laurel St
Ste 301
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-562-2928
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Excellent GI doc  |  show details
by J.A. on Aug 11th, 2014

Excellent technical and diagnostic skills.Encouraged and answered questions. Office prompt and courteous with follow up calls.

|  To the point  |  show details
by lovealaska on Sep 6th, 2013

Dr. Sweeney homed in on my gastroenterology issues. He did a procedure that went well and fixed my problem swallowing. He did take time to go over the drug I will be taking for a while as well. I would recommend him and have recommended him to many people. I will see him for my colonoscopy when I turn 50.

|  One of the worst  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2013

How can this guy be a top 10 doctor? I had to wait for ever to see him and when I do he walks in slurping down Ramen noodles and spends an entire 90 seconds basically telling me to buy some Prilosec and goes back to slurping down Ramen. The only follow up your going to get is for payment. What a turd.

|  Awesome Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

This office was so friendly when setting me up for an appointment,they got me in right away and when I came in for my appoinment,they brang me back right away. Very efficient and courteous. Dr Sweeney Jr took his time with me and answered all my questions. He is very straight forward and tells the truth. When it came to schedule my procedures the office girls were on top of it and were so friendly and very thorough. I would definelty recommend Dr. Sweeney Jr to all my friends and family.

|  Having stomach bleed  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Dr. Sweeney Sr. was original doctor. I had a good relation with Sweeney Sr, but not the staff, and this observation on the basis of having visits over the course of a few years. When he retired I was recycled to Dr. Sweeney Jr. due to records being there. He may know his trade but does not exhibit the refinement of his father, and caring and compassion is something he should consider making a priority in the future. I just called his office to voice a concern of symptoms being experienced that are scary (passing a lot of bloody stool - more than before the procedure, and this didn't happen to me on previous scopes) to be told it had nothing to do with the procedure they performed. I have just contacted the hospital ER to have my concerns addressed and they agreed that it was part of the procedure 'happenings', but to give it one more day to clear. So, if I had a choice, yes I would hope for better.

|  Unprofessional dr and office staff  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

Unfortunately this was the only GI dr. with an open appointment when I was in so much pain. I should have taken that as a bad sign. I was hopeful that he would do tests and help find the problem that was causing me so much pain. Sadly I was led on for months, medicines that didn't help and no real answers. Felt like dr. didn't really know his stuff.

|  show details
Nov 27th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Mediocre doctor who has one diagnosis for all, one medicine for all symptoms. He diagnoses without any tests, doesn't care about you, doesn't follow up. He can't think outside the box. It makes you wonder if he loves being a doctor. I would recommend to s

Read Full Review at yahoo.com