Ophthalmologists
6900 Orchard Lake Rd
Ste 307
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
248-855-1020
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  caused corneal abraision  |  show details
May 8th, 2014

While performing laser removal of scar tissue he said resulted from the cataract surgery he had performed, Dr. Sygiel caused a corneal abrasion. I could feel it tearing during the procedure but he wouldn't stop. Took 3 trips to a corneal specialist to fix it and weeks for the pain to stop. Fine for routine eye exam but would not go back for anything else.

|  He takes care of our whole family now  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2011

We moved to Michigan a number of years ago and through friends found Dr. Sygiel. He has taken care of my father's cataracts very successfully, my husband's lasik surgery (20/20), and all 3 of my children's eye needs, as well as mine. I wouldn't trust anybody else with our vision.

|  Didn't do enough  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

I was having blurry vision in one eye that my optometrist could not fix with glasses. Went to see Dr. Sygiel, an ophthalmologist. They did a regular eye exam and some tests, and he looked inside my eyes. He said it was cataracts and said he could set me up for cataract surgery right away. I'm only 55 and my other eye was not bothering me at all, so I went for a second opinion. New ophthalmologist took many pictures of the inside of my eye and found that I had a condition called foveal schisis, along with formation of an epi-retinal membrane. He said the cataracts are very minimal, and about the same in both eyes, so not a problem yet. I don't know what would've happened if I had let Dr. Sygiel do cataract surgery...