Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

2.5

Long, long wait.. Over an hour show details Long, long wait.. Over an hour
May 13th, 2015

I got a call asking me if I could come in for an earlier appointment as they had had cancellations. I agreed, but when I got there the waiting room was absolutely packed with people. I waited 45 minutes to be called back to a room and then another 35 minutes for the doctor to come in. He spent all of 5 minutes with me . I was diagnosed with a benign self limiting condition that should clear up on its own within a few days, however he still wanted me to make another appointment to see him in two weeks. To wait another hour and a half to see him for 5 minutes??? I think not. I would not go back here.

caused corneal abraision show details caused corneal abraision
May 8th, 2014

While performing laser removal of scar tissue he said resulted from the cataract surgery he had performed, Dr. Sygiel caused a corneal abrasion. I could feel it tearing during the procedure but he wouldn't stop. Took 3 trips to a corneal specialist to fix it and weeks for the pain to stop. Fine for routine eye exam but would not go back for anything else.

He takes care of our whole family now show details He takes care of our whole family now
Nov 11th, 2011

We moved to Michigan a number of years ago and through friends found Dr. Sygiel. He has taken care of my father's cataracts very successfully, my husband's lasik surgery (20/20), and all 3 of my children's eye needs, as well as mine. I wouldn't trust anybody else with our vision.

Didn't do enough show details Didn't do enough
Apr 25th, 2011

I was having blurry vision in one eye that my optometrist could not fix with glasses. Went to see Dr. Sygiel, an ophthalmologist. They did a regular eye exam and some tests, and he looked inside my eyes. He said it was cataracts and said he could set me up for cataract surgery right away. I'm only 55 and my other eye was not bothering me at all, so I went for a second opinion. New ophthalmologist took many pictures of the inside of my eye and found that I had a condition called foveal schisis, along with formation of an epi-retinal membrane. He said the cataracts are very minimal, and about the same in both eyes, so not a problem yet. I don't know what would've happened if I had let Dr. Sygiel do cataract surgery...