Dr. Brian Teliho MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

September 20th, 2016
He accused my mother of taking M drugs
I am a young adult now. My mother and I saw Dr. Teliho twice when I was growing up. I saw him for ADHD and she saw him for anxiety. After the first session my mother called Dr. Teliho because she was desperate for help one day when I had a meltdown.The next time we went in to see Dr. Teliho (our second session) he asked me how I handle her Methd addiction!!! MY MOTHER DOES NOT TAKE MET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS NEVER TAKEN A DRUG IN HER LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! She does not even drink alcohol. Literally, not even casually! Nevertheless, it was unbelievably jarring to have a healthcare professional who I am supposed to be able to trust state something this major as if it were a fact- AND THEN TRY TO CONVINCE ME THAT IT WAS! I told Dr. Teliho that she does not do drugs, and he smiled at me as if I was oblivious and said 'but haven't you seen her teeth and how thin she is.' I couldn't believe it, and it was painful to admit to my Mother afterwards that somebody thought she seemed like a drug addict. I think that his license should have been revoked for that- on reflection, my guess is that he believed that he could get me to admit to something so he could help me, but he was wrong! I cannot stand arrogant doctors like Teliho- and trust me I have been around enough professionals to know that privileged men like Dr. Teliho may appear perfectly fine on the outside, but they can be so undeservedly full of themselves that they act recklessly without realizing the kind of harm that they inflict if they are wrong- and in this instance, Dr. Teliho messed up majorly. He caused me far more mental uneasiness than he ever prevented. Avoid this arrogant joke of a professional like the plague!

September 3rd, 2016
Great Doc!
I have met with several psychiatrists over the years, and found Dr. Teliho among the best and most caring. We have met online for tele-sessions most recently. This has been a real blessing given my work schedule!

March 25th, 2013
Far away and beyond the best psychiatrist I have met and it truly is an honor to know such a special person. Dr. Teliho has an incredibly ability to make you feel comfortable which allows for a safe environment to open up and show your authentic self. He respects people for who they are and their individuality and doesn't want to change that. He just wants each person to be their best possible self - not change their personalities but rather allow people to live more comfortable without the heavy burden of a mental illness. Therapy is a craft he has mastered brilliantly. He asks all the right questions and is a shepherd who you can trust will guide you in the right direction with his expertise and incredible insight. He is a genuinely good man and is not driven by external, material factors and clearly gets fulfillment from helping others which is so effortlessly natural to him.

June 16th, 2012
Very Caring
Dr. Teliho has a very nice practice. While he may seem a bit serious at first, he is there to help. In therapy sessions he is down to earth and non-judgmental. He is also easily accessible in the event of emergencies. He seems to really care about his patient's well-being. He does not take insurance. His medication management and intake appointments are reasonable for a psychiatry practice. Regular therapy session without insurance can be costly--but money well spent.This is not in and out psychiatry practice. Dr. Teliho truly cares and will work to help find what combination of medication, therapy or TMS will work best for you.

June 13th, 2012
Great doctor!!!
Dr.Teliho is wonderful only one visit with the doctor and I felt better about myself and the future of myself.Give Dr.Teliho a chance to help with your problems you will not be disappointed.