Dr. Brian Tobias DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

April 4th, 2016
Dr. Tobias cares so much for his patients, he even gave me his personal cell number and asked me to send pictures if there was something I was worried about. He also remembers my case each time we go there, like I was his only patient!!! He is an excellent surgeon!!!!

August 6th, 2012
Amazing hand surgeon
I had multiple fractures to 4 left metacarpals; there were many fragments, and some fractures extended to difficult-to-repair portions of the bones. I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Tobias, who made room to see me on the very same day.Timing of the surgery was tricky: I still had severe swelling 3 weeks after the accident, meaning surgery would be unwise, yet postponing surgery further would cause problems of its own.Somehow, Dr. Tobias made room in his schedule to perform surgery when the time was right for me, cancelling my planned Thursday surgery due to swelling, and moving it to the following Tuesday.The surgery was long (10 hrs) and, as I understand it, rather complicated due to the extent of damage. Yet Dr. Tobias persisted into the wee hours, and achieved an amazing and excellent result.Note well: Everyone I spoke to: the referring orthopedic surgeon, nurses, x-ray staff, the anesthetist, and the hand therapists had nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Tobias and the quality of his work.Dr. Tobias was very good at explaining, in terms I could understand, what he was going to do, what I needed to do, and what the risks were. He took the time to answer all my questions comprehensively, which gave me great confidence that the surgery would turn out well.Thanks to the painstaking efforts of Dr. Tobias, my recovery is progressing quickly, and I am very optimistic that my injured hand will function normally and look natural.If you need hand surgery, I would strongly encourage you to see Dr. Tobias.

August 3rd, 2012
Hand Surgery 7/19/12
Dr. Tobias came very highly recommended. He's meticulous and goes the extra mile when explaining the procedure that you will have. He was seeing me for a traumatic injury so I wasn't prepared to be one handed for a couple of weeks. But I'm starting to use the hand again and progressing exactly how he said I would.

June 28th, 2012
Dr. Tobian "cancelling any further services"
We were able to meet with Dr. Tobias only once at the initial consultation for a broken wrist. He seemed cordial and explained the planned surgery in detail.Since the initial visit, we have had the surgery postponed twice by his office staff. The second postponement was because his nurse had failed to schedule an MRI that he wanted performed. We were not notified of the postponement until the day before we were scheduled for "pre-op testing", one day before the scheduled surgery.We were constantly trying to contact the nurse to verify the scheduling for the "pre-op testing" but she would never return any of our calls until the day prior to the actual appointment. This occurred on both occasions of surgery postponement. Since our last discussion with Dr. Tobias' nurse regarding these continuing delays, we have since been advised they are cancelling any future services.Dr. Tobias may be good at what he does (we only met him the one time), but his nurse/office staff leave alot to be desired. We called for days to speak to his nurse, but could only leave messages. The only time she would call us back was to advise us of the surgery postponements only a couple of days prior to the surgery being scheduled.It has been a very disappointing process in trying to deal with his staff. We were hoping to have this issue addressed quickly, but obviously his nurse/office staff feel no need to communicate with their patients.

November 8th, 2011
Excellent doctor!
Dr. Tobias was my son's hand doctor. He is an excellent doctor. He is not just a great doctor but he's professional in every way, he is caring and kind and is never in a hurry. He explains things easily. I have had to call Dr. Tobias on a number of occasions and he never hesitates to take my call or call me back himself. He meets you at the hospital before surgeries and explains every thing in detail again. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

August 3rd, 2010
Great Doctor and excellent staff

July 26th, 2010
I would highly recomend Dr. Tobias he has always exceeded all expectations. Have and will continue to refer friends and family to him with no reservations knowing that they would receive the very best care.

December 28th, 2009
The Rainwater Family
Our son got staph infection on his finger and had to have surgery. Dr. Tobias was great in every respect. We felt like our son was in the best hands possible. Very professional and understanding of what we were going through as a family. Thank you so much for saving our son's finger and getting him on the road to recovery.