Dr. Brian Torgerson MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Tulsa, OK

2.4

August 24th, 2016
Not a good dr.
I will never recommend this dr to anyone. And I never had seen the most unprofessional and rude nurse that works for him. Total rude package. But they sure love the money make sure they overcharge always.

December 8th, 2015
Outstanding
Honest, knowledgable, very detailed and instilled trust. Takes his time ask questions never a hurried visit. Could not ask for a better Doctor.

November 17th, 2015
I have been a patient of DR Torgerson for almost 3 years. He's easy to talk to actually listens and it's truly there to help you. Overall just an amazing doctor!

September 2nd, 2015
Great doc!
Dr. Torgerson really helped me out and was able to give me more relief for my pain than anyone else has been able to do!

August 14th, 2015
Don't do it
His staff acts exactly as he does and that is a horrible experience. Spent about 9 months under his care and his PA or NP/Leesha was awful. Really felt like a inconvenience to her. She actually rolled her eyes at me.

June 5th, 2014
Worst Pain Specialist I know...
I have been going to his office for more than a year an a half, maybe even two years. I was treated by an amazing doctor who happened to move away, and he left me in the care of Dr. Togerson. I was quite surprised to find that this man seemed to not care whatsoever about me, and my illness and chronic pain. I have had JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) since the age of three, and have been wheelchair bound due to its pain from the age of seven, and I am now 20 years old. My pain progressively gets worse, and on top of it all my body builds tolerances to medication at an unbelievably high rate. My dosage was working fine for about 4 months until I started to quickly build a tolerance. I asked for 6 months or so every appointment for even the smallest of increases in either dosage or pill count per day, all of which to no avail. In fact one such instance he lowed my pill count drastically then only minutely increased another medication I was taking and called it an "increase" then told me to call him between appointments if i did not like the new set up. After only three days I could immediately tell the new set up was not working, and made a call to his office. One of the nursing staff told me to just resume my old set up until he could change it back. Except now I had only enough medication to last half a month. I called back at least 3 times a week for 3 weeks with no answer, and finally I ran out of all of my pain medication. I was cut cold turkey after almost 14 years of medication use, so on top of having no sort of pain relief I had to suffer the agony of extreme withdrawals. I then went another 2 WEEKS without hearing from him, before finally he changed me back. TWO WEEKS of no medication for my chronic pain! And then he changed me back to my old regiment, which wasn't working in the first place! I have still been on that for 4 months now! And just my last visit I asked once more for even the slightest of increase because I must take care of my two younger sisters and cannot do that if I'm hurting, and he LOWERED my dose to a medication I was on almost 3 years ago that STOPPED working, saying "Well, I hope you don't have a tolerance to it anymore"! I feel as though he thinks I'm some junkie kid trying to get high! But I also cannot believe someone could see me, with my broken and mangled body, wheelchair bound, and think "Oh, they don't need pain medication... he must be looking for pills for other reasons" In fact tomorrow I see my primary care doctor over getting a referral to switch Pain Management doctors, because I am so fed up with waiting patiently for this man to realize I'm not just some junkie kid putting on some elaborate facade to get high! If this man is your doctor, I highly request you for your own health and well being, get a new one as soon as possible! This man doesn't care whatsoever about you, your life, and how much he is actually effecting it! And I deeply apologize for the small rant, I am just through dealing with this so called "Pain Specialist" and hope no one else has to go through the pain and suffering I have had to endure with this doctor. Thank you, and I hope this Review helps in your decision.

October 6th, 2013
Horrible experience
I have never dealt with a Dr as unprofessional & uncaring as Dr T (& I'm an RN who deals with all sorts of physicians daily!) My visit last week was only my 2nd appt with him (I've been going to the practice for 6 years but my previous Dr recently left). From the moment he walked in, he was condescending & cold, shrugging off my description of my worsening symptoms & concerns. He interrupted me, saying I was "too young to have chronic pain" and shouldn't be on pain meds, nevermind that my records show the struggle I have had to find a treatment, a medication, SOMETHING, to improve my quality of life. He refused to send me for a MRI even with the dramatic increase in symptoms, refused to do the nerve block I had made the appt for & stopped my pain meds entirely while treating me like a drug seeker. Needless to say, I left the appt worse off than I arrived & I'm still in shock about how he treated me. I will not be back nor would I recommend him to ANYONE.He's far too judgmental to treat patients with chronic pain.

June 26th, 2012
A Pain Doctor should never cause you more pain.
I was appalled at his bedside manner. He left bruises hip to hip while removing a neuro-stimulator lead and sutures and I was told to "Suck it up ...