Dr. Brian Tsang MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2017
IF POSSIBLE, CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CLINIC!!!!
The wait time at this office is nearly always at least 2 hours. Also, even though I've been a patient here for nearly a year, u have not even once seen Dr Tsang. He has nurse practitioners who see all of his patients. After waiting in the lobby for several hours, they call you back to a room and one of the nurse practitioners walks in, hands you your rx, and then immediately walks out. If you have a question, you better ask it the moment they step into the room because in 30 seconds they will have disappeared. For obvious reasons, they drug screen their patients, and my health insurance is billed $5,074 every month for the urine drug screen. Two months ago, they informed me that although the hydrocodone that they prescribe me showed up in my UDS, the metabolites were absent so I was accused of not taking my meds every day (absolutely false; I take 2 pills a day, every day, exactly as prescribed), so for the past 2 months I have had to come in every 11 days. They give me a rx for 22 hydrocodone pills, collect a urine sample to drug screen, and schedule me to come back in 11 days. And for each of these visits my health insurance is billed $718 for the appointment, and $5,074 for the UDS, EVERY 11 DAYS. And I still have not even seen Dr Tsang. Not even once. Since I have always taken my meds exactly as prescribed, I have to assume that the reason I was told there were no metabolites in my UDS was simply as a way to justify making me come in for an appointment 3 times a month. I have very good health insurance thru my employer, and it pays very well. They're billing my insurance company well over $15,000 a month. I was very upset when the nurse practitioner accused me of not taking my meds every day, and I demanded a copy of my drug screen. Plain as day, it was positive for the metabolites of hydrocodone. I even took the UDS report with me when I went to my gynecologist last month for my annual exam, and she looked at it for me and verified that yes, the metabolites were indeed present. This office is 100% only about making money. The patient care is shoddy, at best. I'm not even sure if Dr Tsang is even in the building while his staff is treating patients and writing out our rx's. I haven't seen him even once, although I've been his patient for nearly a year now. It would not shock me if one day I see that office on the news, because i seriously question the legality of how this office is operated. The only reason that I continue to go there is because they're the only local pain management office covered by my health insurance. Please beware; if you're a private pay patient, or if your health insurance has ANY OTHER pain mgmt options, do yourself a favor and avoid this office like the plague.

June 2nd, 2017
The only reason I continue to be a patient at Pain Stop Spine is because they're the only pain mgmt specialist covered by my health insurance.
I have been a patient at this clinic for at least 8 months, and I still have not laid eyes on Dr Tsang. He has several nurse practioners who seem to be the only ones seeing patients. Every month, I arrive 15 minutes early for my appointment, and every month I end up waiting at least 2-3 hours in the lobby before being brought back to an exam room. At that point, one of the nurse practitioners will listen to my heart and lungs with the stethoscope, and then I'm handed my rx and sent back to the lobby to wait another 20-30 minutes to make my appointment for the following month. My insurance company is then billed over $5,000 a month just for the urine drug screen, along with a separate bill for Dr Tsang's services, although I have never once been treated by the physician himself; couldn't pick the man out of a lineup if my life depended on it.

February 23rd, 2017
Ridiculous
this place is here to give u the upmost disrespect they can fathom ,they treat u like your a drug attack for one thing they don,t listen to your concerns and if your current meds are not doing much for you tough .These people bill and bill and bill ive had a hysterectomy but my insurance gets charged every visit for a drug test and pregnacy test and there,s no way on god green earth i could be pregnant .On top of everything they find any reason possable to put you on probation so you have to come in every two weeks instead of once a month was put on it for a completly legal substance an herb thats 100% legal and can be bought over the counter just about anywhere i told them i took it and it was ok to do so until today was treated so bad was told to go somewhere else if i didnt like it and you will always get a mean nurse playing doctor i saw the actual doctor one time in a year so not worth it your just cattle to them take what we give you and like it.

February 6th, 2017
Great people
People are friendly. Play attention to detail. May speed up the process.

February 5th, 2017
Great bed side manner Doc
Has been referred to him but not sure about those patient survey. They sounds bad. After I want, my mind had changed. They are organized, caring, yet regid to my medical treatment. I have a lots of understanding to manage my pain. Thamk!

January 30th, 2017
He is the worst Doctor I have seen in my life! He does not care about his patients, only how much money he can make off of them. He mocked my Christianity & has threatened to take me off all my medications if I don't take all the extra junk he pushes out of his office. His staff is very nice, but his bedside manner is non existant! He won't listen to my concerns & only spends at most 2 minutes with me. Please let him only be your last resort!

September 29th, 2016
Dope Dealer
Gets you hooked then cuts you back to almost nothing, all I'm waiting for now is them to tell me they have doubled, tripled or even more for each visit, and I'll be able to get my men's. He's is joke, and so are all the idiots that work for Him

September 1st, 2016
Pain Management
I have been seeing this Dr for about 5 yrs now. For me Dr TSang is caring and shows concern with your needs. Dr TSang's prices are high but worth it. They do have a strict policy on misuse of drugs.

March 25th, 2016
Caring
Wonderful doctor and staffs. Answer questions and try to resolve problems.

January 22nd, 2016
Run, Run, Run
If you go, you will see the Doctor once on your first appointment. Then it's like moving cattle to different areas to hurry up and wait. Expect to be treated with suspicious if not down right like a criminal. Once you scan the waiting room, the previous sentence may make more sense.

January 20th, 2016
Recently the office visits have been taking over 3 hours. He has way too many patients. No one should have to sit in the waiting for over 2 1/2 hours before being seen

January 9th, 2016
Disappearing doctor, disappointed and debilitated I disapprove
Dr. Tsang's experience and education are stellar ON PAPER. His intent and actions as a physician contradict his oath to first do no harm. Where did the humanity and compassion for the sick go in this man? Everyone knows why and secondary to that sorrow, his greed has made Dr. Tsang a wealthy man and his patients pay the price. DR. BRIAN if you read this, ask yourself if your patients deserve to see one of your novices who think an office visit is 5 minutes of time they'll never get back. NO ONE truly sees your patients... Can you imagine the disrespect?! Think hard- Physician heal thyself... or don't bother calling yourself a Doctor!