Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Great Dr. Would seek him out if I wanted to get more surgeries done.  |  show details
by Tammy Lee Slater, U.S. Army Soldier, deployed after surgery and came home safe. OIF Veteran. on Apr 10th, 2011

Dr. West was a very professional Dr. every time I needed to see him for my pre-surgery and post-surgery care. He conducted himself in a very professional manner and there is no complaints from my point of view. You see, I myself became infected, but it was my fault. After my surgery, I did too much lifting, didnt get enough rest or sleep, and was always underfed and dehydrated.. I eventually ended up in an emergency room (E.R.) and after a dose of antibiotics with tons of fluid to re-hydrate me, I was back to recuperating. But this time I did what I should have done from the start, I listen to what he said. I drank water, ate right, and rested with sleep, so guess what happened? I healed and was checked off healthy when it came time to deploy for my OIF mission.. And the military Doctors made sure I was healthy in order to go. BTW, I wasn't forced to go, I wasn't active duty anymore, so it was my choice and they didn't take any chances on having an unhealthy soldier on that plane.Shortly after my E.R. visit I was contacted by Tina Minasian and she practically pushed me into a corner to file charges against Dr. West. And after that long conversation, where she kept talking and going on about needing to get his license pulled from him (I'm not rude to hang up on someone (I listened)), I in-turn felt I needed to contact Dr. West to ask him first, if he was okay and had a drinking problem, then second, to let him know about her contacting me. He was very cordial and didn't deny what she had commented on, seemed he had been battling this for a while and didn't vent to me about what he was feeling about it. If he was drinking, in which I never smelled alcohol whenever I had contact with him, this sure should have caused him to keep a bottle in his pocket. How he was so calm was beyond me. For being stalked, he sure did keep his cool.I had no idea about his medical practice records until her phone call and I felt weird about hearing about it from some stranger who I didn't even know, so I advised him to get a restraining order against her, or anyone affiliated with her for the sake of his wife and children. She didnt state she was going to hurt them, but her implies of Dr. West needing to pay for the injuries she felt he dealt her and a few other patients caused me concern for him and his family. `Who goes into a surgery knowing the risks, they're on every pre-surgery form out there, comes out violating the advices of the Dr. by not staying in healthy atmospheres, by not heeding to the "smoke causes bad air circumstances for healing skin," then rants on about their infections when they're clearly at some fault? A lunatic if you ask me, or someone who wants some sort fringe benefit (insurance claim).After the phone call I started to receive emails from her and I believe it was my pending deployment that seemed to be what she wanted to be put out there, as if he injured a U.S. soldier. I felt pushed by her while on the phone and I wish now that he had taken my advice and requested that restraining order while I was still around to testify for him.I came home safely April of 09, but from being highly depressed from losing a friend over there with some other issues, I wasnt too in-tune to what the outcome of Dr. West's legal battles with Tina Minasian were and I regret that now. He didn't deserve to lose his license.