Dr. Brian Winn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

January 21st, 2016
Trusting experience
Dr. Winn always takes all of the time needed to explain his diagnosis and how best to treat my condition. He reviews the results of lab tests in detail and takes as much time as required to answer all questions.

October 7th, 2015
I am not sure what I am being asked here? Is he a good Dr.? If so, he's the top in his class!
He's the best!

August 7th, 2014
He is a very good/ excellent doctor.

October 23rd, 2013
Scleroderma Sufferer
I called to get an appointment on the recommendation of someone I know who has arthritis. I have scleroderma. When I called to set up an appointment the receptionist said she needed a referral and then said that Dr. Winn would have to see all my former records before he takes my case. I explained I don't need referralls and that it will take a while to get all the paperwork to him, but I would like to set up an appointment so that I can plan to be out. I am a teacher and have to get approval through my principal because I am on Intermittent FMLA Leave of Absence when ever I need it since I have "flare-ups". When she found this out she seemed even more unwilling to help me. I then saw the comments from the former scleroderma patient and feel that there is a possibility that Dr. Winn does not take Scleroderma patients very seriously. I am also a member of the SA Scleroderma Support Group and will be taking this up at our next meeting. I will be looking elsewhere for someone who provides help. I am already on FMLA, but will need this paperwork again in the next 8 months. It sounds like Dr. Winn is not the doctor for me,

November 2nd, 2012
FIRED ME AS A PATIENT, REFUSED to recommend new Dr.!
I was a patient of Dr. Winn for over 5 years. I trusted him. I've survived a triple bypass and a stroke and I'm living with C.R.E.S.T. which includes Scleroderma and Reynaud's Synrdrome. I hurt everyday and take over 15 medications daily. I've missed so much work at my job of 7 years and Dr.Winn refused to sign my FMLA papers for over 4 months. He wouldn't support my begging to help me get on disability and my job was threatening me with being fired or coming up with FMLA papers. When he finally singed them I got a lovely letter in the mail from Dr. Winn himself FIRING me as a patient and said he was unable to make any recommendations! I am terminal. I was given 5 years to live, 5 years ago and this man dumped me as a patient! I was not only devastated I am sick, still unable to work regularly, and am relying on the good people at the San Antonio Scleroderma Support Group to help me find a Rheumatologist that CARES! This man has lost all compassion and needs to remember why he became a doctor... it certainly wasn't to help people! When I brought him proof from my Otologist that I'd had a stroke he scoffed at me and said I was making it up! When I asked for help getting disability he told me I was LAZY!