Dr. Brianna Leachman Haab MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 29th, 2015
Dr. Haab really cares about her patients. You know you can trust her.

May 3rd, 2015
Felt busy
While I trusted Dr. Haab completely, I wish she took the time to explain her decisions. My appointments with her always felt rushed and I felt she wasn't really open to questions.

September 3rd, 2012
Dr Haab was overall a great doctor. I wrote up a birth plan for my childbirth to have a natural birth with as few interventions as possible, and I feel that she did her best to respect my wishes while still making sure my baby was healthy. She is busy, so appointments were quick, but she always answered my questions if I had them. She is kind and respectful.

May 19th, 2012
Not the best OBGYN for first time moms
Although I would not classify Dr. Leachman Haab as unprofessional, I would have likely selected a different physician if I had known of some of the problems I would encounter throughout my pregnancy. Dr. Haab's office prefers to not see women until week 10 and due to the chronic morning sickness I began experiencing in week 6 this was not the best option for me. Between weeks 6 & 10, I called the office about once a week and asked for options in helping to control my morning sickness and was told that there was nothing I could do (saltines and sprite) and that it would get better soon (which it did not; wk 6-15). It was not until I came to an appointment so dehydrated that I had to receive an IV that I was prescribed zofran (an extremely common and safe anti-nausea med for pregnant women). This incident, among others, has led me to feel that Dr. Haab does not take my concerns seriously and lacks empathy for my situation. Probably the most distressing incident occurred recently and I am now considering finding a different physician (even at this late date when I'm almost 39 wks). Since our first appointment, I have discussed the importance of doing everything I can to have this baby vaginally. Dr. Haab appeared to be on-board with this decision and indicated that she would strip my membranes at 38 wks in order to give me the best shot. When I went in for my 38 wk appointment, Dr. Haab told me that she would not strip my membranes (as she had said she would do for weeks) because the baby "wasn't ready." She would not offer an explanation beyond that and told me that when I got to 41 weeks we could talk about induction. It was like everything we had discussed prior to this appointment was completely forgotten. When I expressed again my desire to have the baby vaginally and the physical issues I was experiencing (chronic back pain, insomnia, shortness of breath, daily painful false contractions), Dr. Haab said in a condescending manner, "waiting will make you a better mother." I'm not sure of the correlation she sees between these things, but I certainly did not feel heard or respected and no longer feel as though I can trust her. I am a nearly 30-year-old, married graduate student at Purdue and I feel as though she treats me like an overly dramatic teenager. Dr. Haab may be a good choice for a woman who has gone through multiple pregnancies, but I do not feel as though she is an appropriate choice for first time moms. I have been made to feel as though my concerns are not valid and I am selfish for seeking out remedies for the physical discomforts I have experienced.