Dr. Bridget Briggs MD Patient Reviews

2.4
  • 30 reviews

February 16th, 2016
Doesn't even deserve 1 star.
I would highly recommend NOT going to Briggs' office, ever. I can't even go into details all of the issues I had with her and her office but I can tell you it wasn't good. I am not even surprised by the negative things written in these comments. They are mostly accurate and exactly what I have personally experienced.

November 11th, 2015
I'm an existing RA patient and was advised after a huge amount of blood work that I would be referred to a specialist for treatment, but almost a month later and I have yet to receive the phone call that I've been approved to see said specialist. Slightly disappointed especially since time is a huge factor in my treatment.

November 11th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
Dr Briggs is by far the best and most thorough doctor I've ever had. She LISTENS! the wait may be long, but some things are worth waiting for.

August 14th, 2015
Entire place is awful!!!
My daughter and I quit going to Dr. Briggs last year, and we are still trying to find a new doctor. Feeling desperate I thought I would check her out again. After reading all of these reviews, the memories came flooding back and I felt the need to purge. The entire staff including Dr. Briggs is so cold and uncaring. I would rather not go to a doctor than go back to that office. Every single visit ended in either a stack of referrals or a ridiculous diagnosis that didn't even make sense. Nothing ever got resolved and the lack of bedside manner made every visit uncomfortable. All of it was very disheartening. And now with their arrive 15 minutes before your appointment rule...really!? They do it so they can overbook and cram in as many patients as they can. They're not worried about the extra 15 minutes of your time! To them it's expendable just like you. So I absolutely would never recommend this office to anyone!

January 23rd, 2015
terrible
I am a diabetic and have actually avoided having to deal with this office staff and the doctors there. First of all, I have been with this office for over 10 years and never actually met Dr. Briggs. I was usually scheduled with a nurse practitioner- really? Why don't they have a nurse practitioner directory if thats what we want? Too long to wait for an actual appointment then, we have to go in again for results so they can get another co payment or log on on line to see our results and that website never works so i gave up!!!!!! They are ridiculous and have no business calling themselves a medical staff-they make me more ill and anxious than my ailments!

May 2nd, 2014
Staff is awful
Rating her office with one star was one too many. I walked in 7 minutes early to my 10:45am appointment today as a new patient and was told that I needed to arrive15 minutes prior to my appointment and because I didn't, my appointment (that I waited 4 months for) would need to be rescheduled. The soonest available was just over 2 months out. When I asked how I was supposed to know this, they mentioned it was in their patient packet (which I hadn't received until just that moment because I was...a new patient.) I asked if I could fill it out in the 7 minutes I had until my appointment, and the receptionist, Irma, said no and that it was at their discretion to move the appointment. What? I work full time and took time off. I sat in the parking lot and finished a call with my colleague prior to walking in, knowing I was still early, and had no idea they would cancel my appointment. The girls upfront were rude and smirked, apparently having no clue or regard to what it feels like to have symptoms, want to see a doctor, wait 4 months to do so, and then have to play their mickey mouse game. My husband took my daughter to see Dr. Briggs a few months back. We have Blue Cross PPO but still paid $900 for diagnostic testing that wasn't covered by BC, in addition to the copay and supplements. I asked for my daughter's health records, and Marci, the office manager, said I'd have to pay $35 for them. Ridiculous. I asked her why the rescheduled appointment would take so long and was told Dr. Briggs only sees one new patient a day and spends time with them. This was interesting because Irma informed me before my appointment time that Dr. Briggs had already moved on to see another patient. If I really had an hour, as a new patient, then why was I being dismissed for being 7 minutes early vs. 15. Also, it got me thinking that if I showed up 15 minutes early and it took 22 minutes to fill out paperwork, would they dismiss me for being 7 minutes over? I was early to my appointment, not late. Never raising my voice or using any profanity, I went outside and asked three patients out of six who walked by within a 10 minute period if they were by chance a new patient, as I had a hunch that this office was in the practice of over scheduling. While outside, I also looked at Dr. Briggs' reviews online and found her office's reputation to be nothing short of a total failure. When speaking with two patients, I asked them if they had seen her reviews online. One patient confided in me that she was going inside because she was upset that the staff had incorrect names and information on her paperwork that she had in hand. The clinic's blinds were open, and I'm sure they weren't happy I was talking to their patients. Within minutes, Murrieta PD arrived. No crime had been committed. The officer saw that I wasn't an irrational person and told me he was surprised that the story matched up with the office. Even he was scratching his head on this one. In summary, I found my experience to be awful. This office appears to be managed by an ego driven office manager and staff who apparently feel great about wielding their power at the helm of the office. If Dr. Briggs doesn't go online to view her reputation, then something's completely amiss. It doesn't matter which website you're on. Her reviews are bad everywhere. If she does look online and is concerned about what people perceive of her and her staff, yet still keeps them employed, it says a lot about her as a person. That said, I'll simply go elsewhere.

March 13th, 2014
Looking for a new Doctor
We have been going to Dr Briggs for 10 years now, in the begining always saw her and she took her time and seem to care. Now we can no longer tolerate the rude staff or lack of concern for our health. When making an appointment I asked serveral questions they were unable to answer. For example, do I need to get blood work? The PA will let you know was the answer, now I have to return for blood work, and take more time off work. We have not seen Dr Briggs for years, and are always rushed out the door once we are seen. My daugter and I have been charged for missed appointments, when they rescheduled. In the past we have paid cash for covered treatment which take months to get reimbursed for. We will be finding a new doctor that is less rushed and has knowledgeable staff, with some bedside manner.

December 7th, 2013
My experience with Dr. Briggs
My appointments with Dr. Briggs are always very rushed. I've been chronically ill for over 10 years and she has never spent more than 15 minutes with me before coming up with an excuse to leave. She gets annoyed when you ask her questions. She has never come prepared to an appointment of mine or spent an adequate amount of time with me. I don't trust that she will give me the care I need as a patient. Currently looking for a new doctor.

September 19th, 2013
$1000 in lab tests?!
Ridiculous wait time to see her PA. Went into establish care, the PA decided to run some blood tests to figure out my current health. I didn't think much of it until I got bills from 3 different labs equalling $1000. When I called my insurance they said most were not covered because they were experimental. What???! Don't charge me to do research for your own causes. (She told me Dr. Briggs is doing some research and publishing). I am so irate and I will not let this happen to me. They tricked me into excessive blood work to make money on labs. If my bills are not resolved I will most definitely be contacting the media. Not to mention that they were supposed to call me with test results 2 weeks later, it's been a month. I call and call and can't get ahold of anyone and no one calls back when I leave a message. I cannot believe how many bad reviews there are all over the Internet. So sad and heartbreaking that these things can happen from people we entrust with our lives.

September 9th, 2013
This_office_is_horrible
I was a patient of the invisible Dr Briggs since 2010. I say invisible because my mother and I never ever in 3 years saw her or met her at the office but were only scheduled with physician assistants. For the first 2 years the sevice and treatment were not bad but this past year was unbarable. The office is chaotic , understaffed, overbooked, and no one seems to communicate with anyone else. I brought in my 84 year old mother after being released from the ER and unable to walk at all and all I wanted was physical therapy for her and maybe in home care from a nurse to assess her situation since she was falling at the time due to leg pain, After she recieved ( or should I say was told that she was given a referal for these treatments), we predeeded to wait 10 days to 2 weeks to get the actual referal in the mail. It never came. So I began to call and inquire why and left messages every few days for 2 more weeks which were never returned or if they were I was told that they were working on it. I was never given a reason for the delay. By now it was 5 WEEKS since my mother went to the ER for leg pain and was in a wheelchair due to pain and unable to walk and still this office and Shilo ( the assistant we saw) NEVER even put through the referals. In fact I was than told by the manager (Marci ) that my mother needed to come back to be seen since the last visit file was CLOSED, what ever that meant. I got upset having to wait weeks for an urgent matter and could not believe the run around and incompetancy of the staff and manager and complete inconsiderate nature of treatment provided. Here was an 84 yr old woman who was falling and not able to walk and the doctor could not and did not even put thru the referals or return calls and even denied that an authorization was given for treatment. I had to call the case manager from healthnet and get her involved to finally get the referals put through to get my mother the care she needed but in doing so the provider group ( Hemet Community) was made aware of the lack of professional conduct on the part of this office and thus Briggs and her staff took retaliation on us by sending us a letter that same day saying we need to find another doctor to see. The whole experience was so unbelievable and thay need to be sanctioned for their conduct. Trust me this office sux big time. The only nice person was Claudia but what good is niceness when she doesnt put thru the referals and get the patients the help they need.

August 28th, 2013
Terrible Experience
Waited several weeks for first appt with Dr. Briggs. Her office waiting room was full, I waited over an hour to see her. I did not know that she apparently only allocates 15 minutes for first appointment, which is terrible, but even worse is during this time she was interrupted several times by her staff, so probably my total time with her was about 8 minutes and I did not get to address my questions at all. I was given written (pre-printed) instructions about several tests to take and a couple of days later I had questions about the tests. I could never reach anyone on the phone - they did not answer the phones, call back when messages are left, etc. They said their phone system was broken - this is same excuse they gave 3 weeks later. I had to physically go into the office to get some general questions answered. How does anyone get in touch with her if there is a big medical problem? It is not a healing environment and not pleasant to be treated with such a lack of respect - my time is valuable too! I will not go back.

July 17th, 2013
One of way too many patients
Fortunately we as patients have the power to take our insurance assignment elsewhere. I do not want to see a PA every time I go to that office. Why would my insurance pay Dr.Briggs good money for me to see a PA every time I go in there. I was told she does not see patients for well women exams. Simple solution. Go elsewhere or back to the gynecologist. And another thing it's obvious money is being made there so do something about the horrible lighting in the main waiting room. Seriously. Three PA's, decent office space, a huge staff, please do something with the lighting. It is a major turnoff. All you can do is sit and wait because you cannot read. Peace out.