Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

• Currently 1.547619047619 of 4 stars
  • Currently 1.6904761904762 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. Kudzu.
 |  Staff is awful  |  show details
by JB12 on May 2nd, 2014

Rating her office with one star was one too many. I walked in 7 minutes early to my 10:45am appointment today as a new patient and was told that I needed to arrive15 minutes prior to my appointment and because I didn't, my appointment (that I waited 4 months for) would need to be rescheduled. The soonest available was just over 2 months out. When I asked how I was supposed to know this, they mentioned it was in their patient packet (which I hadn't received until just that moment because I was...a new patient.) I asked if I could fill it out in the 7 minutes I had until my appointment, and the receptionist, Irma, said no and that it was at their discretion to move the appointment. What? I work full time and took time off. I sat in the parking lot and finished a call with my colleague prior to walking in, knowing I was still early, and had no idea they would cancel my appointment. The girls upfront were rude and smirked, apparently having no clue or regard to what it feels like to have symptoms, want to see a doctor, wait 4 months to do so, and then have to play their mickey mouse game. My husband took my daughter to see Dr. Briggs a few months back. We have Blue Cross PPO but still paid $900 for diagnostic testing that wasn't covered by BC, in addition to the copay and supplements. I asked for my daughter's health records, and Marci, the office manager, said I'd have to pay $35 for them. Ridiculous. I asked her why the rescheduled appointment would take so long and was told Dr. Briggs only sees one new patient a day and spends time with them. This was interesting because Irma informed me before my appointment time that Dr. Briggs had already moved on to see another patient. If I really had an hour, as a new patient, then why was I being dismissed for being 7 minutes early vs. 15. Also, it got me thinking that if I showed up 15 minutes early and it took 22 minutes to fill out paperwork, would they dismiss me for being 7 minutes over? I was early to my appointment, not late. Never raising my voice or using any profanity, I went outside and asked three patients out of six who walked by within a 10 minute period if they were by chance a new patient, as I had a hunch that this office was in the practice of over scheduling. While outside, I also looked at Dr. Briggs' reviews online and found her office's reputation to be nothing short of a total failure. When speaking with two patients, I asked them if they had seen her reviews online. One patient confided in me that she was going inside because she was upset that the staff had incorrect names and information on her paperwork that she had in hand. The clinic's blinds were open, and I'm sure they weren't happy I was talking to their patients. Within minutes, Murrieta PD arrived. No crime had been committed. The officer saw that I wasn't an irrational person and told me he was surprised that the story matched up with the office. Even he was scratching his head on this one. In summary, I found my experience to be awful. This office appears to be managed by an ego driven office manager and staff who apparently feel great about wielding their power at the helm of the office. If Dr. Briggs doesn't go online to view her reputation, then something's completely amiss. It doesn't matter which website you're on. Her reviews are bad everywhere. If she does look online and is concerned about what people perceive of her and her staff, yet still keeps them employed, it says a lot about her as a person. That said, I'll simply go elsewhere.

|  Looking for a new Doctor  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2014

We have been going to Dr Briggs for 10 years now, in the begining always saw her and she took her time and seem to care. Now we can no longer tolerate the rude staff or lack of concern for our health. When making an appointment I asked serveral questions they were unable to answer. For example, do I need to get blood work? The PA will let you know was the answer, now I have to return for blood work, and take more time off work. We have not seen Dr Briggs for years, and are always rushed out the door once we are seen. My daugter and I have been charged for missed appointments, when they rescheduled. In the past we have paid cash for covered treatment which take months to get reimbursed for. We will be finding a new doctor that is less rushed and has knowledgeable staff, with some bedside manner.

|  My experience with Dr. Briggs  |  show details
by Allison on Dec 7th, 2013

My appointments with Dr. Briggs are always very rushed. I've been chronically ill for over 10 years and she has never spent more than 15 minutes with me before coming up with an excuse to leave. She gets annoyed when you ask her questions. She has never come prepared to an appointment of mine or spent an adequate amount of time with me. I don't trust that she will give me the care I need as a patient. Currently looking for a new doctor.

|  $1000 in lab tests?!  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2013

Ridiculous wait time to see her PA. Went into establish care, the PA decided to run some blood tests to figure out my current health. I didn't think much of it until I got bills from 3 different labs equalling $1000. When I called my insurance they said most were not covered because they were experimental. What???! Don't charge me to do research for your own causes. (She told me Dr. Briggs is doing some research and publishing). I am so irate and I will not let this happen to me. They tricked me into excessive blood work to make money on labs. If my bills are not resolved I will most definitely be contacting the media. Not to mention that they were supposed to call me with test results 2 weeks later, it's been a month. I call and call and can't get ahold of anyone and no one calls back when I leave a message. I cannot believe how many bad reviews there are all over the Internet. So sad and heartbreaking that these things can happen from people we entrust with our lives.

|  This_office_is_horrible  |  show details
by concerned_daughter on Sep 9th, 2013

I was a patient of the invisible Dr Briggs since 2010. I say invisible because my mother and I never ever in 3 years saw her or met her at the office but were only scheduled with physician assistants. For the first 2 years the sevice and treatment were not bad but this past year was unbarable. The office is chaotic , understaffed, overbooked, and no one seems to communicate with anyone else. I brought in my 84 year old mother after being released from the ER and unable to walk at all and all I wanted was physical therapy for her and maybe in home care from a nurse to assess her situation since she was falling at the time due to leg pain, After she recieved ( or should I say was told that she was given a referal for these treatments), we predeeded to wait 10 days to 2 weeks to get the actual referal in the mail. It never came. So I began to call and inquire why and left messages every few days for 2 more weeks which were never returned or if they were I was told that they were working on it. I was never given a reason for the delay. By now it was 5 WEEKS since my mother went to the ER for leg pain and was in a wheelchair due to pain and unable to walk and still this office and Shilo ( the assistant we saw) NEVER even put through the referals. In fact I was than told by the manager (Marci ) that my mother needed to come back to be seen since the last visit file was CLOSED, what ever that meant. I got upset having to wait weeks for an urgent matter and could not believe the run around and incompetancy of the staff and manager and complete inconsiderate nature of treatment provided. Here was an 84 yr old woman who was falling and not able to walk and the doctor could not and did not even put thru the referals or return calls and even denied that an authorization was given for treatment. I had to call the case manager from healthnet and get her involved to finally get the referals put through to get my mother the care she needed but in doing so the provider group ( Hemet Community) was made aware of the lack of professional conduct on the part of this office and thus Briggs and her staff took retaliation on us by sending us a letter that same day saying we need to find another doctor to see. The whole experience was so unbelievable and thay need to be sanctioned for their conduct. Trust me this office sux big time. The only nice person was Claudia but what good is niceness when she doesnt put thru the referals and get the patients the help they need.

|  Terrible Experience  |  show details
by Susan L on Aug 28th, 2013

Waited several weeks for first appt with Dr. Briggs. Her office waiting room was full, I waited over an hour to see her. I did not know that she apparently only allocates 15 minutes for first appointment, which is terrible, but even worse is during this time she was interrupted several times by her staff, so probably my total time with her was about 8 minutes and I did not get to address my questions at all. I was given written (pre-printed) instructions about several tests to take and a couple of days later I had questions about the tests. I could never reach anyone on the phone - they did not answer the phones, call back when messages are left, etc. They said their phone system was broken - this is same excuse they gave 3 weeks later. I had to physically go into the office to get some general questions answered. How does anyone get in touch with her if there is a big medical problem? It is not a healing environment and not pleasant to be treated with such a lack of respect - my time is valuable too! I will not go back.

|  Horrible!!!!!  |  show details
by OS on Aug 27th, 2013

I thought doctors were about helping patients! This office is about policies ( to their benefit and convenience, of course) telling you what they cant do for you such as having your doctor or PA call you back if you have a question about your treatment. They push their products and seem to only care about what is best for them! I pray they will go out of business because it is a business to them, not efficient, reasonable or caring medical practice. This is the worse doctor to patient experience i have wver had. Inhave never even even seen Dr. Briggs-- it is automatically a physicians assistant that the appointments are scheduled with. Poor office management and uncaring staff. Maybe the news media needs to go in and film one patients experience and plaster it all over the internet and CNN! They derserve to be exposed.

|  One of way too many patients  |  show details
by Why Bother? on Jul 17th, 2013

Fortunately we as patients have the power to take our insurance assignment elsewhere. I do not want to see a PA every time I go to that office. Why would my insurance pay Dr.Briggs good money for me to see a PA every time I go in there. I was told she does not see patients for well women exams. Simple solution. Go elsewhere or back to the gynecologist. And another thing it's obvious money is being made there so do something about the horrible lighting in the main waiting room. Seriously. Three PA's, decent office space, a huge staff, please do something with the lighting. It is a major turnoff. All you can do is sit and wait because you cannot read. Peace out.

|  Worse office  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2013

I will never go to Dr.Briggs office again and has filed a negligence complaint to my insurance. Every time I have gone in there they have made me worse. Example: I went in for having an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide, I was given a prescription so I go and pick it up and the prescription is benzoyl peroxide so I call the office and they can't even get me in to see me with now having an even worse reaction thinking the doctors knew what they were doing in the first place. And I broke my tibia plateau in my knee and it took the office 3 months while they've kept me walking on it to find out that it was broken and to see an orthopedic doctor. Just to add to the tip of the cake the front office staff is always rude and the phone lines, Ive waited 20min on hold then tossed to a voicemail in the middle of day I'm telling everyone, this has happen too many times for me to return to that office!

Apr 24th, 2013

I, too, am looking for a new doctor. Very rude staff, impossible to get an appointment. I am very sad because I like her holistic approach and she is very smart. I have been on the bio-identical hormones she prescribed for a few years. Recently the pharmacy said they could not fill my prescription because I need to see the doctor for follow up appointment. The office never attempted to contact me for a folllow up appointment ever. When I called to set appointment, they said I need to pay a $25 cancellation fee from 2 years ago becasue I canceled an appointment. I know this is trivial, but it just shows the attitude of her office. So now I am using a hormone cream I purchased from the health food store because I do not have a fillable prescription. I realize I am not going to die from not having my hormone replacement therapy but it is amazing how little they care. What if it was blood pressure medication? So far I have not paid the $25 fee and I am looking for a new doctor.

|  Feeling sick requires lab tests and several pats but will not supply results.  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

so they order lab tests under fatigue so ins pays for it. Then they never call you back. When I finally got someone to call me back (2days later) they could not discuss test results but want me to do another blood test. They do not give you your result unless you bring your own envelope, if you didn't bring one they will charge you for one, then they will mail them back to you. Crazy! Their response was that they would spend all day giving people copies of their results. Well isn't that why people go to the Dr's? So if you want results sooner you have to see a PA and pay fir another visit. Grew up in a family of Dr's and was shocked that patients are treated that way. And can never see Dr Briggs. No disrespect but PA's are not Dr's. I will wait for results and go to a new Dr. Also, every women I know has had the same tests done and diet recommendations but we all went in for different things. Smart way to make money.

|  Phone Calls  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

I left messages for 2 weeks for Mary G and I have not received a phone call back for 3 weeks. I was put on medication and no follow up has been done

Aug 14th, 2012

Horrible staff, very uninviting and unconcerned about anyone but themselves. Wait times are really, really bad. UNLESS you are dressed to the 9s and in a hurry...then you can skip over everyone and get right in.

|  Horrible  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 14th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

Went in for a 1st time visit and I had the WORST experience ever! The staff is horrible. They seem to enjoy mocking you behind your back...really bad ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  Great Doctor, Terrible Office Procedures  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Briggs for over a year. I hate to give her a poor rating, because she seems like an informed, progressive doctor who takes a proactive approach and is interested in treating the problem, not the symptoms. The reason I changed doctors is because it is next to impossible to get an appointment with her. The whole appointment setting process is frustrating for the patient as the phone is never actually answered. You have to leave a message and hope for a call back, only to be told that the next available appointment is 3 months away. Perhaps Dr. Briggs should stop accepting new patients and focus on making the patient experience better for the ones she currently has.

|  Blood tests for Doctors profit  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

This doctor loves to run unnecessary blood test so she can send them out to labs your PPO insurance will not pay for. She will not do Prior authorizations for needed medications for her patients. If your appointment is not her first you could be waiting up to 2 hours to see her with an appointment.

|  Big Mistake  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2012

It hard to got an appointment even if your very sick the staff it very rude. They don,t care about the patient they only care about the payment. IT not not good to to the doc. the doc is good but his staff are rude especially the fat receptionist.

|  Good Physician/Terrible Office Management  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2011

While Dr. Briggs is a highly competent physician, her office management is very poor. Making an appointment requires that you leave a message and then wait for the office staff to call you back (which can take hours to days). Dr. Briggs is generally booked months in advance and the other practitioners (Nurse Practitioner/Physician's Assistant) are overly busy and do not take the time to familiarize themselves with the patient's medical record/chart before seeing them. If you have need to be seen for a sinus infection, UTI, or something minor, you may be waiting two days or more before you can be seen. If you are feeling ill and want to be seen the same day or the next day, the office will recommend that you go to the urgent care facility. Referrals take weeks to process.It is unfortunate that this very knowledgeable and caring physician has an office that is so poorly run.

|  Looking for a new doctor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Briggs for over 5 years now. In that time, I have seen her 3 times and her nurse practioner twice. I called today for an appt for a physical and to discuss treatment options for a chronic condition. I was told I would have to wait until the end of August for an appt. It is rediculous to have to wait two months to see your doctor. Dr. Briggs also does not have early or any late appts. If you need to be seen after 3 pm you are out of luck.

|  Horrible Office  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

They treat you like the other reason you have an issue(depression & anxiety) is because your fat and don't exercise. Only been a patient for a year, which is too long. I think after 20 yrs of dealing with the issue I would know what FREAKIN' works. Sorry but this last visit is my LAST! Paid a co-pay to be treated like crap. I had two emergency surgies after being seen in the office. Both times I was just sent home because they couldn't find anything wrong.

|  Avoid Seeing This Doctor  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Calling to get an appointment to see the doctor, I was told she was booked over one month. Since my medical need for treatment was urgent, I decided to see the PA...big mistake! The PA ran some unusual blood tests which came back abnormal. When I asked about the tests, what they meant, what I should do, I was told not to worry about them. The PA said my cholesterol was fine when no cholesterol test had been performed. When I pointed this out to the PA, she stated she must have seen my last test, and it was fine. I told her if she had seen my last test, it was not fine, my cholesterol was high. The PA left the room without finishing up the visit, never to be seen again. On several occasion, I asked the MA not to use the machine to calculate my blood pressure because it does not work on me. The MA used the machine, up to 4 times before taking my blood pressure manually. Stay away from this doctor and her office. Find a good doctor and save yourself the aggravation.

May 4th, 2011

She violates patients trust....please find a better doctor...do not trust her!

by Chrissy Thomas on May 3rd, 2011

Horrible experience I have never felt as uncomfortable in a doctors office as I did there. I was there at least 3 hours. The staff is very unprofessional. Dr. Briggs wasn't too bad but she is all natural and pushes what she wants you to do even if you don't agree with her. I went to the office one time and never went back again.

Apr 30th, 2011

Dr. Briggs has been mine and my sons Doctor for 4 years. She is excellent!!! She takes time with each patient and listens to your needs. Her personable style puts you at ease with any concerns you may have. Dr. Briggs, along with her staff, are great with my kids!! Im one of those paronoid moms and they never make me feel silly for bringing in my boys for a checkup! Great Doctor!!!

Mar 22nd, 2011

Dr. Briggs is great at preventative medicine using a holistic approach. However, if you get sick and need traditional medicine she will either send you to another doctor or refuse to prescribe the medicine. So if you are sick, she is not the doctor for you.

Sep 3rd, 2009

I absolutely love Dr.Briggs. She actually takes the time and listens and cares for her patients.

May 7th, 2009

Staff is extremely rude and do not care at all about the patient. My only concern about the doctor is that she seems obsessed with nutrition/nutritional supplements and looks to correcting that prior to addressing any real concerns. I like her (dislike her staff intensely) but don't know if it is worth seeing her when she did not listen to my real medical concerns.

|  Tammi R.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 5th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I think Dr. Briggs is great! She is my primary care giver as well as all three of my kids. Dr. Briggs has been my Dr. for over 8 years. The ...

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Apr 2nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This doctor`s office, since they moved to their new location in Murrieta, is always helpful and available to their patients. They always hav...

|  Dr. Briggs is great!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 11th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I would recommend Dr. Bridgette Briggs to anyone who likes a more natural approach to medicine. She is very open minded about alternative, ...

|  Awesome Doctor!  |  show details
by Lalamamma760 on Mar 3rd, 2008 on kudzu.com

Very nice, understanding. Great bedside manner. :)

Read Full Review at kudzu.com