Pediatrician
2020 Cattlemen Rd
Ste 600
Sarasota, FL 34232
941-955-5191
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
Jul 7th, 2014

I had a lovely experience. One of the midwives-Carrie was particularly helpful. I would recommend this practice

|  Good Doctors - Awful Staff  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

If you can deal with billing and scheduling errors that the office staff will never acknowledge they have made and then proceed to put more energy into convincing you your wrong, this is the place for your children. Too bad - the docs are pretty good.

|  Check your charges...this doc double dips!!!!  |  show details
by Sean on May 27th, 2010

My wife is a certified medical coder, who has taught Coding class as an adjunct professor. She challenged the extra charges on my son's account, but the office manager refused to budge or even research the charges. My wife provided documentation that the service we received was provided by a nurse and not the doctor. In fact, we did not see the doctor at all during the visit for immunizations. However, our bill had charges for the nurse administering the shots and a charge for seeing the doctor. The doctor charge is the one we are challenging. The office manager was completely unprofessional and has enough knowledge about medical coding to be dangerous. The office manager refused to let us see the doctor until we paid this additional charge, and, when my wife refused to pay the inappropriate charges, the office manager threatened to call the police if she did not leave the office. Dr. Carroll overheard the entire conversation and refused to intervene or even come out of his office. At this point, I'm not sure if he's gutless or clueless. I suggest you check what you are being charged for. If we had actually seen the doctor today, he would have received about $500.00 from our insurance. Instead, his office manager turned us away over $69.00 in fraudulent charges that are in violation of the doctors agreement with the insurance company. Smart move. She must be a financial adviser on the side. I hope she's a lawyer, because if Medicare or Medicaid patients were double billed the same way we were, the doctor has just committed fraud on a federal level.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2010

Love Dr. Carroll! I was so disappointed, due to a change in insurance, when I had to leave the practice he was at after my first daughter was born. Fortunately, when searching for a new doctor a few years later, he had moved to a new practice I was considering (that my accepted my insurance). That was all it took for me to decide. He is thorough, caring, and approachable.

|  Gerat Doc  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2009

Love Dr. Carroll and the whole practice.

by Obbie Gee on Dec 27th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Both my kids, my 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl, took best to Dr. Carroll.|(Both have seen and like Dr. Murphy and my son took to Dr. Featherman, too. Great choice of Docs in that office.)|Most important of all, Dr. Carroll was quick to recognize a deadly, rare disease in my son, Kawasaki's Disease. It was in the early stages. His hands were blowing up and the whites of his eyes were pink. He sent us straight to the Children's Hospital and by the time we got there my son's body openings (all except his ears) were bloody and he could not move himself (he was only 3 1/2 then). Within a day of the antibodies he was moving around. It took months for the eyes and deathly dark circles around them to clear and his hands to quit peeling but he was fine.|Dr. Carroll is A # 1 in our book.

Jul 7th, 2008 on yahoo.com

i was not impressed. dr. carroll didn't seem to employ much common sense when he saw my son. he latched onto a diagnosis before hearing important details, and dismissed them after hearing them. the antibiotics he prescribed were unnecessary (and further d

Jun 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Carroll is the best! He cares so much about his patients and has such a sweet and gentle touch! He answers all of your questions and is so patient and understanding! He also has a fabulous staff of nurses (I love Chris his lactation consultant - she i