Oculoplastic Surgery

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 3.219512195122 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Happy Client  |  show details
by Theresa Spalding on Dec 3rd, 2014

I love Dr Cook and all his staff, I have been a client for many years and also convinced my husband to become a client and men are very difficult to please as they never need to go to the doctor. I have told many lady friend about the services and wonderful staff... KUDO'S to all.

|  THE BEST OF THE BEST  |  show details
by Vickie Greene on Nov 12th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Cook's since 2005. This practice is top of the line in my opinion. Dr. Cook has put together a staff that works together in a way you seldom see and it is all about you the patient. Dr. Cook has to be one of the very best in this field and has the satisfied patients such as myself to prove it.

|  Physician and Surgeon  |  show details
by Dr. Grayson on Oct 30th, 2014

Dr. Cook and his staff are unbelievable. From the moment you enter to the time you leave, they make you feel comfortable, informed and well cared for. I could not be happier with the results and I cannot recommend Pure Facial Plastic Surgery more highly.

|  MD  |  show details
by Wesley D Clement on Oct 21st, 2014

I have known and worked with Dr Cook for 10yrs, and have had surgery with him on two separate occasions. I have also referred several people to him as well as have him come to my office to perform Blepharoplasties on many of my patients. All are happy, and couldn't recommend a finer person and Surgeon to everyone.

|  Would do it again  |  show details
by Nial River on Jul 2nd, 2014

Male, had upper/lower eyelid surgery for myself. Staff wonderful, Dr. Cook wonderful. All questions asked, answered. Surgery explained, written instructions regarding at home care. Available for "can I see you now" follow-up visit. Best recommendation? Sent 5 co-workers to have their's evaluated for the same surgery.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your wonderful review. At Pure Facial Plastic Surgery, we strive to provide our patients with that personalized touch and treat them as we would treat our own family members. Your feedback is testimony to our efforts, so we thank you for that. We also thank you for referring your coworkers to us. We couldn't ask for a better reward. Regards!

|  Excellence  |  show details
by Barbara K. on May 16th, 2014

When I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy, 19 months ago, my right eye went from permanently staying open to frequently closing which hindered my vision. Since Dr. Cook had been my doctor for 13 years, and because I trusted him, I scheduled a consultation to discuss possible procedures that could help my eye function normally. I am so glad that I did, because subsequent surgery to restructure my eyelid was successful. He also performed surgery to improve the function of my mouth. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Cook and his staff. It can be difficult to find a doctor who is willing to take time to explain surgical procedures and to answer numerous questions. Dr. Cook always listens to my concerns with undivided attention. He is knowledgeable, understanding, and caring. The members of his staff are compassionate and personable. They return phone calls in a timely manner. Thanks to Dr. Cook and his staff for being professional, respectful, and courteous.

|  Surgical procedure  |  show details
May 15th, 2014

I found Dr. Cook personable and reassuring. However at the 2 week post-op check, he did not examine my suture lines behind my ears and briefly looked at the obvious ones. I thought a more thorough examination was warranted at 2 weeks.

|  plastic surgery  |  show details
by marsha rush on May 3rd, 2014

i would surely go back and see Dr. Cook. In fact i go back in a few weeks..He is a wonderful doctor who takes time to talk to you and tell you what the surgery will be like. Would not see any other doctor for surgery other than Dr. Cool

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. One of the most important attributes a physician can possess is empathizing and listening to his/her patients, respecting their comments, and following their wishes. That is exactly the type of physician I strive to be every day, and I am glad and humbled to hear words such as these. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

by Connie D. on Mar 2nd, 2014

Dr. Cook and staff made it very comforable for me during my visits and surgery. He is a doctor of expertise and the end results of my new look with my eyes are amazing. I now look younger and refreshed. I'm loving it! Thank you Pure

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your recommendation. I am so happy that you achieved the results you desired. Obtaining a "natural" look is an art and one that I strive to achieve. I appreciate very much you taking time out of your day to share your experience with others. Reviews such as yours speak volumes to the results we achieve and our patients' satisfaction.

|  Spends time with me  |  show details
by Diana W on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr Cook has a great way with people and makes me feel at ease talking about skin care and surgery options. His staff is top notch and friendly and I have recommended Dr Cook to my friends.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to put forward a caring and professional attitude in our practice. The best compliment we can receive is one such as yours; one where you would recommend our practice to others. Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with others. It is greatly appreciated!

|  Opening my eyes  |  show details
by George L. on Feb 10th, 2014

Really great experience. Initial recovery was quick. I did not realize that the puffiness would continue to recede for almost two months making the effects of the surgery even better than I had expected!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind words and for understanding that healing does indeed take longer in some individuals. Many patients expect instant results and do not realize that swelling may continue to recede for weeks. The result is a natural, fresher and more vibrant look. We are so happy that you are pleased with your results! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We truly appreciate every patient relationship.

by Marilyn Toler on Feb 9th, 2014

I just had a quick lift, upper Eye and lower eyes fix, Loved Dr. Cook, was a down right simple doctor that made you feel good about yourself..I had no pain what so ever.....The worse part of the procedure was sleeping on my back for 2 weeks! Love the job he did for me and I would do it again....I have 4 people that already are wanting Dr. Cook to make them look pretty again!

by Diane B on Jan 22nd, 2014

This was a great experience for me. I was well attended to, and had great results. Dr Cook is a perfectionist...

|  Follow up on procedure  |  show details
by Carolyn Vass on Jan 17th, 2014

Dr. Cook spent time with me and explained the situation and made suggestions. Very pleasant atmosphere. Staff is very friendly. I have complete confidence in Dr. Cook.

by Nancy Huffman on Dec 14th, 2013

I would definitely choose this doctor again and will recommend to my friends.

|  Eyelid Surgery  |  show details
by Pat Setzer on Dec 5th, 2013

Very friendly staff and Doctor/ very professional work/, answered every question I ask about the surgery. Highly recommend Doctor Cook

Dec 3rd, 2013

I really like Dr, Cook's bedside manner. I love Christine and Tiffany and I would recommend him to anyone.

by Lucy Houser on Dec 2nd, 2013

Very impressed with Dr. Cook and all his staff. His expertise with my procedure was fantastic. I have already recommended him to several friends and would definitely go to him again

|  Eyelid Surgery  |  show details
by Mary Jo on Aug 6th, 2013

I recently had eyelid surgery per recommendation of my ophthalmalogist. My peripheral vision was not normal. Dr. Briggs Cook was recommended by several friends. During my consultation Dr. Cook was very through explaining the procedure and what to expect after the procedure . My surgery was scheduled and it was a painless experience! I did not need anything for pain, followed the instructions of cold compress of green peas for the first 24 his. I had very little swelling and a small amount of bruising. The next day I was back to my normal routine. I have no visible scars, my vision has improved and I have received numerous compliments on my bright blue eyes that you can now see. I was 100% pleased with my plastic surgery experience with Dr. Briggs Cook and his professional staff.

|  LOWER BLEPHAROPLASTY  |  show details
by Carole Ratner on Aug 5th, 2013

DO NOT USE DR COOK FOR YOUR SURGEY. I wish I had read the reviews before being taken in by his credentials. He is not a compassionate surgeon. I worked for 5 surgeons who spent endless time with each patient no matter how long it would take them. I went to see Dr. Cook to have some innocuous lesions removed from my lower lids, instead, I was immediately talked into a lower blepharoplasty after the assistant took close up pictures of my eyes and told me how awful they looked. He did the first surgery and the R-eye hemorrhaged inside terribly, also the sutures were burned by the aesthetician, and had to be redone 3 days later. Five months later I still have suture lines and scars. My lower lid is protruded and I have extremely dry eyes now. At my one month check up the assistants told me there were still fat pockets, that had risen to the top of the lower lid, and needed more surgery. Dr. Cook did the removal without anything but a little injection of local anesthesia. IT HURT LIKE CRAZY. I begged him to stop and he had no COMPASSION AT ALL. He breezes in and out of the office and talks to you almost not at all. I also paid $1,000 out of my pocket for the aesthetician to do some CO2 laser for the lesions which still remained after the surgery. She never did a thing, and I am out $1,000 for nothing! I have called and called for 5 months and no one has returned my calls. I have requested a refund for services not rendered, and have received nothing!!!! PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GO TO THIS OFFICE AND CHOOSE ANOTHER OCULAR PLASTIC SURGEON. DR COOK AND HIS STAFF DO NOT PROVIDE THE RESULTS THAT SHOULD BE ACHIEVED.!!!!!!

|  ms  |  show details
by cm on Jun 1st, 2013

This was the worst experience of my life!! He ATTEMPTED to perform a quick lift on me. 7 years later I am still dealing with scar revisions!! This guy ruined my life!

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry, but at this time I am unsure as to who you may be. Whenever patients expressed dissatisfaction with the outcome of a procedure, I do my best to correct it. If you had told me about the issue after your procedure, I would have taken measures to fix the problem. If you would like to call my office and discuss the matter with me, there may something I can do to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

|  Botox  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2012

Great results!! Would definitely recommend him.

|  I had a problem or two with my results that were not entirely his fault  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2011

Dr. Cook has worked tirelessly to make things right. He's a really good doctor.

by Jill on Sep 13th, 2011

I had a quicklift from Dr. Cook in Feb. 2011 and had fantastic results. I have never regreted it for a minute! I had the surgery on Tues. and went out on Fri. nite with a turtle neck and makeup. It took several years off my appearance and made me feel young again (I am 58). There was no pain, though more bruising and swelling than I had thought. The staff was very sweet and I think Dr. Cook is just an artist. I recommend him highly.

|  Quick Lift Success  |  show details
by Taffy Kilroe on Feb 17th, 2011

In July, Dr. Cook performed a quick lift on me after providing me with informative (but not too many) details!He set my expectations on the proceedure and recovery time, which was extremely helpful and accurate. Without reservation, I would highly recommend Dr. Cook to anyone who is in need of his services.

|  Wonderful job on eyelids  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2010

Dr. Cook was compassionate and caring and an outstanding surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone

|  Oustanding  |  show details
Sep 23rd, 2010

I was referred to Dr. Cook by other patients and he was phenomenal. He listened carefully, explained what he thought and what my options were, and was compassionate.

Jun 30th, 2010

I had my upper and lower eyelids done by Dr. Cook in January 2010. I am very pleased with the results and the care I was given. Dr. Cook and his stafff are wonderful and I had great support from them. I was told what to expect throughout the procedure. I would recommend anyone to the Skin Center. Debbie

Jun 21st, 2010

DR. COOK HAD MINIMAL CONTACT WITH ME AS A PATIENT. I HAD SURGERY IN THE OFFICE AND HAD AN UNACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE. PARTS OF THE SURGERY WERE PAINFUL AND I WASN'T GIVEN ENOUGH ANESTHESIA. BOTH DR. COOK AND THE TECHNICIAN WERE UNPROFESSIONAL AND DIDN'T GIVE ME THE PATIENT CARE I NEEDED.