Dr. Brij Gupta MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Santee, CA

3.4

January 15th, 2016
Change is difficult
My doctor of over 20 years died suddenly and unexpectedly. Dr. Gupta came to the practice to see patients along with the other doctor, Dr. Johnson was Dr. Laskar's partner , now deceased. It is a very stressful time wondering if the new doctor will be compatible . Dr. Gupta made the transition very easy. We are still seeing him what is now, years later.

May 6th, 2015
Husband and Wife in Late 50's
My husband and I switched to this MD on a friends referral. I'm type two diabetic in my late 50's with other conditions such as heigh blood pressure and heigh cholesterol. I regret doing this, as this MD does not inform us of any needed checkups or doesn't send me on any diabetic testing or control visits. My last Dr. had me come in every three months to have my diabetes monitored, I have to ask this Dr. to give me the test my old Dr. routinely had me come in for. Don't go to this guy. Getting rid of him.

November 17th, 2014
post ,so others can see how great he is.
i am mentally and physically ill. Dr Gupta treats me for both issues , exceptional, professional

March 25th, 2014
Mediocrity
Dr's care is unremarkable. The real problem lies with his staff. If your not dealing with them face to face, they are not customer service oriented. This is a service that I pay for. I would expect better communication and follow-up. I feel conversations on the phone are orchestrated by me and to get their input is like pulling teeth.

April 13th, 2012
As Doctors gonear Perfect!
Great doctor. He is caring, an awesome listener and allows a patient to actively participate in forming the treatment plan. I love him and drive way out of my way to go see him.

March 22nd, 2012
Tells it like it is.
He is a practical man. He explained to me what he thinks the issue is, and why he thinks it occurs. He explained what I could do to remedy and what he could do to remedy the problem and what to expect after. He was my father's doctor and my dad is 91 and takes no medications any longer. So I also like his track record from personal experience as well. This is 3 years and 5 visits myself and 9 years and alot more visits with my dad.

June 6th, 2011
Avoid Dr. Gupta. He is a rip-off artist!
Avoid this physician at all costs. He has zero bedside manner, zero customer service, and only wants your money. I've been on routine maintenance medications for years. Dr. Gupta refuses to refill perscriptions without an annual face-to-face visit even if there is no plausible purpose. On my last visit, Dr. Gupta spent 2 mintues (I timed it) with me, before refilling the perscriptions. And then I receive a $75 office visit charge for the privilege of being forced to visit him! Gupta will rip you off.

March 22nd, 2011
I feel that Dr Gupta doesn't take the time to really find out what is wrong or takes the time to make an accurate diagnosis and to find a solution. I feel like when I am telling him what the problem is it's an inconvenience for him. I will be looking for a new dr.

September 6th, 2010
Upto the task
Great diagnosis that some of the other specialists could not give me. Good listener.

February 24th, 2010
Not recommended!
He didn't listen to my health complaints. He was more concerned with arguing with me about my medical history and how, in his opinion, my previous doctors were all wrong and he was right.