Dr. Brodie Mckoy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brodie Mckoy?

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Brodie Mckoy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 26th, 2017

NOT A HAND SURGEON TO SAY THE LEAST!!

I had the WORST experience with this Surgeon. He did surgery on my right thumb for arthritis and he totally botched my hand. When I went back to him after the surgery, still in so much pain, he acted as though, he did not want to hear it. After several weeks going through therapy and agonizing pain, she recommended that I see another HAND SPECIALIST. The crazy thing was.....The day I walked into therapy, She said, Who sent you here? I said, Dr. McCoy. Her reply was, Dr. McCoy does not do hand surgery? My hand and arm were so bruised, it looked horrible. The therapist sent me home and said she was not touching me. She said that patients with my type of surgery were not sent to therapy for at least 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. I was only 2 weeks out of surgery. He explained the procedure to me a couple times before the surgery, but after I got out of surgery, he did a completely different procedure. With the recommendation of the therapist, I saw another hand specialist for a second opinion. I had to have the surgery revised due to so much pain. I had pieces of bone floating in my hand that was part of what was causing some of the pain. He revised the surgery by doing the procedure that Dr. McCoy explained to me that he was going to do in the first place. I still live every day in pain, can not open jars, bottles, it is painful to even brush my teeth with my right hand! I have shed many tears, spent a lot of money for the second surgery and still can not use my hand as I once did...There is nothing the second doctor can do, the damage was already done by Dr. McCoy and it will never be the same.... .

February 28th, 2017

I saw Dr. Mckoy numerous times over a two year period.

He has a sweet manner and prays with you at the end of each visit - however I had the worse operative experience with him of my life. First: I had severe burns on the end of my nose and on my left arm, the nurse in the recovery room first brought it to my attention, but at that point I could not feel the burns. Dr, Mckoy would not take responsibility for this, saying he was working on my hip not near my face. But isn't he suppose to be the captain of the ship in this environment? Next I had a HUGE hematoma within days of the surgery and he did not seem interested at all, my husband finally demanded to speak with him and Dr. Mckoy call him from his home and said he would readmit me to the hospital. He told me the initially my surgery was a simple one and would be done microscopically, with no scaring but I now have the worse 4 inch scar and a huge indention at the operation site, this will have to be corrected by a plastic surgeon, he refused to pay for corrective repair of his terrible work so now that cost is up to me to pay, on top of all my out-of-pocket costs! Bottom line: the WORSE medical experience of my life, NOTHING he did has helped me in any way. He NOW says I just have chronic bursitis. I literately hate him for what he has done to me and how he has treated me. I can not possibly be the only one...

June 9th, 2016

Excellent. Doctors. Visit. Accurate. Diagnosis. Very satisfied with treatment.

April 3rd, 2014

Southern Ortho/ Dr. Mckoy

Dr. McKoy and his office staff are amazing. I was able to get an appointment within 2 days with only minimal wait time to actually see the dr. My injury required surgery that was scheduled for 5 days later. Dr. Mckoy is a knowledgeable physician and a Christian man. He personally called to check my condition after surgery. I would refer any one in need to his office.

August 2nd, 2017