Dr. Brooke Jackson MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Chapel Hill, NC

3.4

June 22nd, 2016
Dr. Jackson is the best!
I went to Dr. Jackson for both my derm checkup and for IPL to get rid of the brown spots on my face and chest. She was very thorough in my checkup and gave me great recommendations for some other derm issues I have. She also has a brand new IPL machine that doesn't hurt. I've had 2 treatments and already see a huge difference. In addition to Dr. Jackson, her staff is amazing and extremely professional.

March 17th, 2016
She packed up shop and I have not been able to get my valuable records for years!!!! Do not go see her!

August 7th, 2015
Scheduling staff could be more helpful and less officious. Otherwise, a great practice and exceptionally qualified physician.

July 5th, 2015
Had to be persuaded by me to biopsy a spot which turn out to be malignant. Dismissed skin problems that I was concerned about.

May 12th, 2015
My facial skin has always been a top priority. Having very sensitive skin, Dr. B. Jackson, was very knowledgeable. Her diagnosis was 100% accurate, as the prescribed mediation cleared my skin problem within the duration she stated. Thank you Dr. B. Jackson.

February 20th, 2015
Not great
I was not impressed with her.

November 14th, 2013
patient
I am so sorry she has left. She was the only doctor I would recomend. I can't say enough about her. I traveled from St John,IN to see her. If she has moved to another state I would see her. She has done Mohs surgery on me numerous time over the years. I will miss her.

September 30th, 2013
Attorney
I am surprised to see such negative reviews. These reviews cannot be based on actual experiences. I was a patient for over 10 years and Dr. Jackson was awesome. She is very knowledgeable and professional. he treated me for skin conditions as well as cosmetic procedures. Her staff never conducted themselves in an unprofessional manner. I am so sad to see that she has relocated her practice.

June 29th, 2013
Avoid this doctor at all cost!
I went to see her for a mole and infected toe nail. She spent 5 minutes total withe me, visually inspected my skin, told me it looks fine, then sent her assistant to get a sample from my nail to "send to the lab". Her assistant clipped a little nail sample, but she treated like a surgical procedure - even prescribed me Aquaphor! I was told to wait 2-3 weeks for result. Seriously! Almost two months later, I didn't hear anything about the result, so I called, no one called me back. This doctor prescribed two medication "to moisture toe nail", one is compound I had to go to many pharmacies to find one that does it, the other one is discontinued by manufacture, Walgreens called this doctor many times, never heard back. On top of all, she charged insane amount of money - for nothing!

May 10th, 2013
Very unhappy patient
Nothing positive here! Long waits in rooms. Also, staff seem very unhappy, and unfriendly. Generally a don't care attitude & unwilling to help. They just want your money and insurance card. There is no after care service let alone customer service. I would not recommend their services to a dog. If you have a question re your bill they put you into voice mail and no-one calls back, It doesn't matter how many times you leave message or speak to someone at the front desk no one helps. Office Manager needs Training on how to deal with paying customers. Also accounts staff and receptionist are rude and unwilling to help solve mistakes that they made Bad billing services, their accounts/record keeping are not updated even though BCBS sends payment. They will send your name to collections agency. Double check your statements. As its almost impossible to get your money back once you have paid (due to harassment from collections agency). PLEASE PLEASE BEWARE!

August 24th, 2012
Rude, rude staff
Don't expect to get any help from these people. They treat patients like terribly. Worst doctor's office experience in memory.

August 24th, 2012
Shockingly awful experience
The doctor seemed to be pretty good in the office, took time with me and explained herself. BUT after the fact, I was Horrified by the follow up, lack of help and outright snotty attitude the staff offered. Dr. Brooke recommended a list of products for me and when I tried to get additional information, I was met with a combative and defensive office manager who sent me a certified letter to say I am no longer welcome to call or communicate with the office. I was floored. What does that even mean? Really unprofessional and disappointing.