Dr. Brooke Swearingen MD Patient Reviews

• 14 reviews

August 26th, 2016
Dr. Brooke Swearingen
Dr. Swearingen, has performed pituatary surgery twice, last being l l/2 years ago. I've also recommended him to a neighbor he also performed her surgery. His wisdom, knowledge and understanding is the best in the word. I had a 2nd opinion at Johns Hopkins, and was told, they could not do better then Mass General. Without any hesitation, I would HIGHLY recommend him.

November 22nd, 2015
Still being followed after pituitary surgery
This is my 3rd year out of pituitary surgery that Dr. Swearingen performed on me and I can say now that i have the same opinion of him as I did 3 years ago, he is by far the absolute best around without reservation do i state this opinion to be perfectly honest to all of you who may be having to consider this procedure, i would do it again tomorrow if i had to knowing that i would be in the great hands of this physician.

August 18th, 2015
I feel very fortunate to have dr. swearingen as one of my physician he does great work. One of the best.

January 29th, 2013
Experienced doctor who is concerned about his patients
Dr. Swearingen is amazingly talented! He performed a neurosurgery on my husband that was previously failed by another neurosurgeon. He has a high level of care and personally follows up with his patients very closely. His assistant Amanda is also extremely warm, personable and helpful during the process. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor!!! It is rare to find a doctor of his caliber so accessible, dedicated and talented all at the same time. If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, look no further! You will not find a better one!

October 10th, 2012
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Swearingen performed transphenoidal surgery to remove my pituitary tumor in 2001. Through no fault of his, it grew back and he removed it again in 2005. After closely monitoring the regrowth over the next couple years, he determined raditation was the next most logical solution. I would have preferred surgery to avoid the negative long term effects of the radiation but he was correct to recommend radiation. I personally feel he is an outstanding doctor. My recovery time was minimal after both surgeries and I was home within 48 hours. With the assistance of daily medication (Prednisone, Testosterone, Levothyroxine and Growth Hormone) I live a complete life with my wife and three children, hold a full time job and play competitive amateur golf. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Swearingen.

April 11th, 2012
100% Nurse Approved
Dr. Swearingen is the best!! In addition to having the patience of a saint he is an expert at what he does. I have been a nurse for several years and have worked with many physicians in the Harvard teaching hospital network, but he is by far the most professional, no nonsense doctor you will meet. Please dont be fooled by his demeanor he truly cares about his patients will advise you what needs to be done but will not force surgery on you, (it took me several months and several visits before I took the leap) and each time I had and office visit he was kind and professional. In addition,this practice runs like a well oiled machine and every physician that works with him is top notch making the transition from preop to postop much easier. If you have to have pituitary surgery, I highly recommend him without reservation you will not be disappointed especially postoperatively when you realize that having a tooth extracted was more painful than this, I only wish I had it done earlier.

February 26th, 2012
Amazing doctor, amazing man!
I will thank thank this Dr. for the rest of my life. If you need to have pituitary surgery, Mass General and Dr. Swearingen are a perfect match!

June 12th, 2011
I think it says it all in the top 2 questions....."Excellant" Doctors just don't come any better.

April 18th, 2011
not my favorite
He spent little time with me and was the kind of doctor who came across arrogant and his bedside manner was poor, even insulting. My back surgery was successful despite a mistake made (I try not to blame the doc for this as I was told in advance there was a 1% chance of this mistake occuring during surgery). He may be a talented surgeon but I would not choose to go back to him if I had a choice. I see other patients had great experiences with him, so I hope my experience is truly abnormal, but the thought of working with him again actually scares me, not because of his lack of knowledge or talent or skill, but because of his complete lack of bedside manner.

March 11th, 2011
Great Doc
This a a guy you can respect. Saw our son and gave an assessment of problem in a few minutes. Pointed out the abnormality on imaging that no one had.Called back any time we had a question.He is doing what other docs should be,following up and giving the best care possible.I wish the other docs were as good as he is,our son would be getting the help he needs by now.

October 8th, 2010
Kevin
I was losing feeling and function on my right side from head to toe. It turned out that i had a Ganglioglioma. Dr. Swearingen was my surgeon and after an eight hour surgery i had full function of my right side and 13 years later i still do. I owe him my life.

March 6th, 2010
Pituitary macroadanoma
I had a pituitary macroprolactinoma that developed during my pregnancy. In order to safely conceive and carry again, dr Swearingen suggested we remove it. Surgery was two days ago, prolactin is normal and no surgical complications. Nurses at the hospital had a high opinion as well. His team and the neuroendocrine team were great