Overall Review

3.3

August 18th, 2015
Used to be great, not so much so now
I was a patient of Dr. Henry's for over 20 years. I really liked him but I started to see a significant drop in the level of service. Appointments had to be scheduled far in advance and if you had an illness and needed to get in right away, well you better have a spare half day cause you usually spent the whole morning or afternoon there. I thought he saw too many patients, the waiting room was always packed. And he started to rely more and more on his PA's. If I was in the office for an hour, I finally got to see him only during the last 5 minutes. The rest of the time I was sitting in the waiting room, sitting in a patient room, or giving info to some admin or PA. The last straw was when I discovered a mole that was bleeding and called to see if I could come in and get it removed and checked out. I have had melanoma and am very sensitive to things like this. I was told I would have to book an appointment to have it looked at and if it needed to be removed I would have to book another appointment for that. First opening was about 4 weeks away. I decided then to get a new family doctor. I liked him and thought he was knowledgeable and friendly. But it was way to hard to see him. I wish him luck, but he needs to get better front office personnel and spend more time with his patients.

March 19th, 2015
He is the best doctor he cares about his patients.

January 28th, 2015
Great doctor, but challenging back-office efficiency and execution
Dr. Henry is an excellent and very skilled doctor that I've been seeing for many years. However for the last year it has become very difficult to get a prescription renewed by having my pharmacy contact the doctor's office and I also have experienced billing errors with the new billing system. It's very challenging to call the office to talk to anyone about these problems - just directed to voicemails. It's also a pain to get a parking spot at Medical City.

September 19th, 2014
Wait times are outrageous
Office staff is "too busy" they are inputting a new process or system every time here, causing them to be very slow, and rude. Nurses are good, ask the same questions every time I'm here though, because again, they are always changing software. Most likely will see a PA instead of the doctor, and they are also ok. The doctor is strang, but will get to a diagnosis. The problem is the wait time. I have to take off work to go, and then spend 2-3 hours sitting in an exam room after waiting an hour in the waiting room (which was empty).. and this is just for a follow up appointment.

August 19th, 2014
...a pitiful excuse for a doctor
Dr. Bruce Henry is one of the worst doctors I've ever met. He has most patients see his PA's, when he does see you as a patient, he acts like a nervous tick - constantly tapping his foot on the floor or swinging his legs under the table, it's almost like he's on some sort of drugs himself. The day I was scheduled to see him, one of his staff called and said "oh, we can't see you as a patient anymore." But no reason was provided. He cannot keep good PA's or other physicians on his staff, they all leave because of his poor mannerisms and conduct with patients.

December 6th, 2013
Quality
I am a huge fan of Dr. Henry's . My only complaint ever is the wait time and I can live with that. He has never failed to determine exactly what my medical issues are and takes the time to make sure that I understand what the issues and prognosis are. I have never felt like unnecessary tests were performed. It is so important to me that he has a thorough understanding of my back surgery due to previous association with the orthopedist who performed it and the unique related issues. Dr. Henry is a treasure.

May 23rd, 2012
VP
I love Dr. Henry. He always takes the time to ask questions and find out the exact problem. He has been my Doctor for many years. I wuld not change for any reason.

December 28th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Henry's for 11 years. I believe he is one of the most professional and caring doctors currently in practice in the Dallas area. He takes the time to visit with me and to discuss what the issue(s) are and options. I have not ever felt rushed in and out or that tests were ordered simply to charge to the insurance companies. I feel that my healthcare is in excellent hands and I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Henry to anyone!

June 30th, 2011
Good doctor but typically very late (overbooked?)
I have been to Dr. Henry for 4 visits. I typically show up 10 minutes prior to my scheduled appointment and then wait about 1 hour in the waiting room and about the same time in the examination room waiting to actually see him. The shortest time was 1hr 40min from my scheduled appt. The longest was 2hr 10min. On this particular time, I needed to have x-ray performed. I was in the office for nearly 4 hours for a sprained knee, which he told me to ice and take anti-inflamatory (ibuprophen). Hmmmm. I could have treated that myself.I now use CARENOW sites for aches and pains or sinus infections etc. I can sign in online and they will call me 10min. before they are ready to see me. Very little wait once I get there.

June 14th, 2011
Always available.
When I am sick, I have always been able to get an appointment. Sometimes the wait can be long when being "worked in" but once you are in his office you are never rushed. He's been my doctor for 10+ years and I would never switch. His associate doctor is also very good and I don't hesitate to use him also.

May 25th, 2011
My overall experiences has been excellent however I'm not sickly but I do have annual checkups. I would highly recommend this physician to others.

February 22nd, 2011
Out for the money
I am diabetic and he spends just enough time to ask how are you doing and what prescriptions do you need refills on. Expects to see me every month to run routine tests and discusses nothing