Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Green Light Laser Surgery  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2014

I had Green Laser Surgery to correct the need to get up every 2 - 3 hours after going to bed. Medication he prescribed did nothing. NEVER did Dr Benge discuss the possible negative after effects of the green light laser. NEVER MENTIONED RETROGRADE EJACULATION. Procedure did not help with original problem. I am mid 50's and now have this condition for remainder of my life. Sex is no longer satisfies my wife of myself.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by G. P. on Mar 13th, 2014

Thank you, Dr. Benge! 3 mounts ago I had laser procedure performed by Dr.Benge, Until the surgery I had more than two years difficult urinating, urge to urinate almost every hour, and my nights were nightmare, some times 5-6 times going to the bath. After the surgery I even did not need to take pain medications, performing my daily activities as usual. During the first month after the procedure I had time to time blood in the urine and a little tiny brown particles from the tissue removed, but the easing of my condition already was recognizable. Now, 3 months after the surgery, I feel like I never had prostate problem, urinating reversed to normal, no disturbed sexual activities, and I sleep at nights. Thank you, Dr.Benge!

|  Dissatisfied  |  show details
by F.Hill/Nathan Hill on Sep 13th, 2013

He left no inf. for discharge. DIDNOT contact family as to home care Procedures. His office had nothing on pt. not even name,procedure or when follow-up should b scheduled. I have lost respect for his Skill as a surgeon. Not concerned for patient or family. Should I ever need urology care, would not ever consider under any Conditions . Patient care is a large part of being successful.

|  After effect of Green Light Laser not discussed before surgery  |  show details
by Shane P on Sep 3rd, 2013

I had the surgery Dec 2010. NEVER did Dr Benge discuss the possible after effects of the green light laser. NEVER MENTIONED RETROGRASE EJACULATION. I had to find this out on my own 2 years after the fact. I know they probably count my surgery as successful since I haven't been back but it definitely wasn't successful. I figured out on my own to stop drinking anything after 5-6:00 pm and I don't get up to urinate so much. I am very emotionally distroyed because of this at such an early age of 53. I can't believe what these Drs did to me. Please everybody thinking about doing this surgery, get a second opinion. This review probably won't be shown. I've written a couple before on other sites amd no one has even bothered to try to contact me about my concerns.

|  VERY DISSATISFIED WITH PROCEDURE  |  show details
May 15th, 2013

I was talked into green light laser prostate surgery. Dr absolutely did NOT explain and make sure I understood the potential residual problems I would be left with for the rest of my life. I am in my early 50's and have a long ti,e to live with this First off the surgery absolutely did NOTHING for the original symptoms. It really appeared to be nothing but an assembly line of men getting this proceedure. I am left with extreme anxiety over all this and not only living with the problems caused by the proceedure but also the original symptoms, 2 years later. I stopped going to him so he probably is counting me as a success. PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS PROCEEDURE UNLESS YOU GET ALL THE FACTS TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

|  Patient  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Scheduled appointment with this doctor for a sensitive and embarrassing situation. He was cold and uncaring. When he spoke, he talked down to me. He did not listen to me and seemed to be in a hurry. He provided me the same exact medication that I had used in the past and did not work. He offered no hope or diagnosis. I left very frustrated. I would not recommend this doctor at all.

|  show details
Dec 20th, 2011

Good surgeon, poor bedside manor!