Dr. Bruce Boston MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 16th, 2014
Didn't help with PCOS
My daughter was diagnosed with PCOS when she was 13, basically her hormones are completely out of wack causing her to have acne, irregular cycles and the ability to gain weight just thinking about food (seriously) it also causes insulin resistance and eventually diabetes. She does 1 hour of PE at school and 2 1/2 hours of CREW (rowing) after school she eats less than 1000 calories a day and she just keeps gaining weight. Before we went to her regular doctor she wrote down every single thing she put in her mouth for two weeks and I mean everything because she had been trying so hard to lose weight. This doctor praised her for eating so healthy laughed that she recorded 3 gummy bears and referred us to Dr. Boston. At the 1st appointment Dr. Boston ran no test at all and basically told my daughter she had a slow metabolism and she would have to cut calories. When we explained what her diet consisted of he told her if she gave up just one soda a day she could lose 10 pounds. We explained she didn't drink soda everyday didn't even drink one a week. He basically badgered her into saying she was drinking soda a school which she doesn't (I'm not saying she never has a soda but not daily). Anyway he prescribed metformin which might help with insulin resistance and a follow up in 6 months. Her stomach can't tolerate the metformin and when we went back for the follow up we asked what we could do he just shrugged. NO HELP AT ALL. NO TEST. I asked if a nutritionist might help he said no there was nothing they can do really but come back and see him in 6 months. WHY???? He ran no test, and didn't offer any help why would we pay specialist fees to see someone who does nothing. Don't waste your time or money.

July 9th, 2011
Our daughter was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis by Dr. Boston. He and his staff were wonderful to us and to our daughter. All our questions were answered and our daughter felt reassured and included in the entire process. So glad we found Dr. Boston!

January 16th, 2009
Very Unprofessional....Not Caring....No Tests given...No treatment options...Treated like we were wasting his time...
Dr Boston works at Dorenbecker Hospital for children. He is one of their top Endocrinologists. My daughter is 9 1/2 she has been diagnosed with percocious puberty. She has 12 year old bones. We went to see Dr. Boston looking for help in treating the problem. My daughter wanted to do something to stop the growth. First of all Dr. Boston's office told us to be 45 minutes early to the appointment, then kept us waiting approx. 1 hour after our regular scheduled appointment time. When we did finally see him, he did not apologize for the delay. We were completely set back by his lack of caring or sympathetic demenor. He stood over us and said in his own words "that he did not have a MIRACLE drug that could help us" and said to me that my daughter would just have to get through it. He never offered any options, he did not take any tests to see why she had percocious puberty, he did not even sit down to talk with my daughter to ask how she was feeling about all of it. He never even spoke to her. He was in the room for not more then 10 minutes. My daughter got home after that and sobbed. Well, looking on the internet I saw that there were actually several treatments available for percocious puberty... and he did not know about any of them? Ridiculous~Right? He is the Chief of Staff of Endocrinology at Dorenbecker Hospital for Children. I went for a second opinion from a different doctor, who sat down with my "daughter" and gave us several options to treat the problem. Please do not take any of your loved ones to see Dr. Boston...You will most definatley be very disappointed. Don't be fooled by his so-called credentials.

December 1st, 2014