A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Cheson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Cheson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cheson
Chemotherapy Patient Education Read all about cancer symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in our chemotherapy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cheson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Cheson, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheson graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Cheson has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Howard University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bruce David Cheson MD is a male Hematologist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Bruce D. Cheson practice?
- Dr. Bruce Cheson has 1 office location.
Dr. Bruce Cheson practices Hematology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Hematologists.