A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Cheson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Cheson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cheson
Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Patient Education Hodgkin's Lymphoma patient education guide explains how your immune system can be compromised by HD and NHL.Before Visiting Dr. Cheson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Cheson, MD is board certified in Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 19 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Hodgkin Disease
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheson graduated from Tufts University, Boston. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Cheson has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Howard University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bruce David Cheson MD is a male Hematologist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Hematology.
- Where does Dr. Bruce D. Cheson practice?
- Dr. Bruce Cheson has 1 office location.
Dr. Bruce Cheson practices Hematology near Washington, DC.
See Washington Hematologists.