Dr. Bruce Cunningham MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 30th, 2015
Dr. Cunningham is an excellent plastic surgeon and does a thorough job. He answers all questions and is easy to talk to. Would recommend!

September 3rd, 2014
He was always a great Dr and knows how to treat people and doing a good on surgery would recommend him to anyone made me feel better about myself

October 8th, 2013
Consult for Breast Revision
I saw Dr. Cunningham at his Edina location to have a consultation with him in regards to breast revision. He was extremely rude and treated me like I was a waist of his time and a burden to him. He insulted me verbally stating that "I look like a truckers wife" and "if I ever want to marry a lawyer or a doctor, I must change the size of my implants". These comments were very hurtful to me especially because I did not choose the implant size I had. My prior surgeon, whom I trusted, convinced me it was my best option or choice to correct a lot of extra loose skin from having and breast feeding three children. Who says I want to marry a doctor or lawyer anyway? That is his assumption clearly. It turns out he was a waste of my time all said and done!! Before my first Breast Augmentation surgery I made very clear to the surgeon that I was ok with having a breast lift if that was what I needed. My prior surgeon (Dr. James Hoffman), a personal friend to Cunningham, insisted that I did not need a lift. The first thing Cunningham told me was that I needed a lift from the get go. Then he asked, "What do you want from me?" in an extremely rude and horrible way. Dr. Cunningham is Super mean and a very non-empathetic man without question!! I have been victimized by his friend Dr. James Hoffman twice through surgeries gone bad with false gurantees and now him with verbal abuse. Old Dr. Cunningham seriously thinks he is a superior being for some unknown reason.

March 21st, 2013
BREAST CANCER
DR. BRUCE CUNNINGHAM,WAS ALWAYS VERY KIND,EXPLAINING EVERYTHING TO ME.WITH MY TREATMENT OF CHEMO & AFTER WHEN HE PERFORMED RECONSTRUCTION SURGERY.HIS STAFF ALWAYS WAS VERY HELPFUL & FRIENDLY.I WILL ALWAYS THANK HIM AND CONTINUE TO SEE HIM.

September 14th, 2012
Very rude doctor and staff!
Dr. Cunningham did my reconstruction surgery after a double mastectomy following breast cancer diagnosis. Although I have been told by other doctors that he did a good job on me, this doctor was extremely rude - not only to me but my husband as well. I would not go to see him unless my husband was with me. He did not take the time to explain procedures! His assistant is one of the rudest people I have encountered in a medical office. I for the life of me cannot figure out why she works in the medical field. I no longer see this doctor and will NEVER darken his door again! Just wish I'd left him sooner.

May 26th, 2011
Dr Cunningham did an excellent job of surgery and I was very pleased with the outcome. The seroma/hematoma that occurred on one breast was not explained to me. I wanted to have more of a discussion about this potential side effect of surgery.

October 22nd, 2010
My experience.....
Staff can be rude. May take a long time to get an appointment. And your surgery date could be changed more than once.

April 21st, 2010
People You Can Rely On In Difficult Times
Through cancer surgery, breast reconstruction and extensive chemotherapy Dr. C was always very caring and his staff was always gracious. The recognition of his peers and the positions he holds speak to his expertise. I can only report as a patient who faced a grave diagnosis and was fortunate to find a group of people on whom I could rely when I was unable to rely on my own devices.

February 11th, 2010