Dr. Bruce Martin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 25th, 2016
Dissatisfied mommy
Initially I liked Dr. Martin at my child's well vusit appointments. However, after his first illness, I got to see another side. Dr. Martin was dismissive of my concerns, acted like I was crazy to be concerned my daughter was running 104 fever, and then said she had No diagnosis but gave antibiotics anyway. We had a return visit for the next 6 weeks with fever, vomiting, diahrrea, not eating or drinking with no treatment. Thank God, i finally got fed up and went to urgent care, where they diagnosed a Very Serious GI illness that had been Caused.by Dr. Martins overuse of antibiotics. Once he has decided on a diagnosis, he refuses to evaluate for anythinv else. He decided my daughter had ear infection. So despite 6 wks of diahhrea, vomiting and significant weight loss, he Never ordered any additiobal testing. When i questioned, why she was sick for so long. He said "ah shes due." I mean , really? Thats great logic! Don't waste your time. He is all about getting paid and not about helping your kids.

January 15th, 2015
Awesome
We love Dr. Martin and the entire staff!!! All three of my children have seen them since they were newborns! I fully trust every decision that he makes for them. My daughter had a cyst that she needed taken care of and he did everything he could to get her in to a specialist for me ASAP. Then our baby was born with a few issues and he has done so much to help and comfort my worrying mind and get me in to see the specialist that we needed!! We love him and all of Alliance Peds!:)

January 13th, 2015
I posted review on wrong dr page
I realize I wrote this review on wrong dr page. I am trieing to delete it but it won't let me can someone help me? I am sorry I do not usual write reviews except in this case where I feel I had a very bad experience And am upset.

April 21st, 2013
Amazing Pediatricians!
You will not find a more caring group of people. The front office staff is sweet and the medical assistants and nursing staff are caring. My boys have also seen Dr. Robertson and she is equally great. My boys will be staying here till adulthood. Keep up the great work! The only downside is not being able to see Dr. Martin for sick visits, but other providers are usually available and that's what counts.

March 7th, 2013
The best around!
Dr. Martin and his staff are just phenomenal. He is so caring and takes time out to give a good examination and explain all his findings. As a first time mom, sometimes I may overreact, but Dr. Martin quickly calms me down. I always leave every appointment feeling confident and happy with what he has recommended for my son. I am so thankful that I found him!

July 16th, 2012
Benadryl, Benadryl, more Benadryl!?
Dr. Martin started recommending Benadryl for my child at the age of three weeks old. Even though my son showed little improvement with Benadryl he recommended continued use of either Benadryl or Zyrtec at his next two visits. Dr Martin dismissed my concerns about prolonged use of Benadryl and its side effects on an infant's developing body and told me to stay off parenting websites. He said there was no reason to attempt to find the cause of the allergy because we would have to treat it no matter the cause as if prevention wasn't an option. In my opinion Dr Martin is a lazy Dr that is very dismissive of parent's concerns. He comes from a very medical model of treatment and has no problem using a prescription pad. After changing pediatricians, I was told that Dr Martin misdiagnosed my son who doesnt have allergies at all but a condition in his throat in which he has soft cartilage that causes congestion NOT Treated by Benadryl. If Dr Martin had taken the time to thoroughly examine my son and not just assumed allergies, I wouldn't have had to give my 2 month old medicine he didn't need.

June 27th, 2012
Very Caring
I could tell he was caring when he told me to read to my son. This was when my son was very young--probably his two year check up. Dr. Martin told me, "Be sure and read to him." Most doctors just tell you about your child's physical health and stop at that. He also told me at the same appointment not to feed him while watching TV so that he didn't have the habit of eating compulsively while watching TV when he was older (since it could lead to him being overweight). Why would he give those two kind of tips? Only because he actually cares. I usually don't rate doctors or really anything online because I am a very busy mom of 4. But I had to take the time to do this for Dr. Martin because he has really excelled in so many ways (caring is just one way) as a doctor. I just wanted people to know that when he says he cares, he's not kidding. He really does.

November 29th, 2011
I love Dr Martin. He is great with kids, caring and funny. His office is decorated cute and play friendly for the kids.

August 5th, 2011
We love Dr. Martin.

April 5th, 2011
Best Pediatrician in N.Ft Worth/Keller area
I am on my 3rd Pediatrician since moving to Texas, and Dr Martin far exceeds my expectations as a doctor. He is great with the kids, makes them feel at home, and his staff is caring and listens to your concerns. It is easy to get an appointment as the need arises. I would recommend Dr. Martin over and over again.

March 11th, 2011
Lucky to find him!
We moved here four years ago. It has been one of my biggest struggles finding a wonderful pediatrician for my three small children. Having some doctors who just walk in, only to turn around and walk out after there quick once over of my children. You won't find any of that with Dr. Martin. He is a doctor that goes with his gut instinct, and made my sick little girl laugh as he made funny noises listening to her belly, heart and lungs. My daughter tells everyone in our family when we drive by his office, which is often, that is her doctor. Her two brothers will be going there as well. Having a doctor who listens to the parents concerns and takes everything into consideration before coming up with a diagnosis, is a blessing. We are very grateful for Dr. Martin, and look forward to raising our family, and having him right around the corner to make sure they are healthy.

November 20th, 2010
Vikingdad
Great visit. The staff in the front was friendly and helpful. I really like that I can do all of the paperwork online before I come. Dr. Martin mad ...