A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Giantonio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Giantonio is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Giantonio, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Mouth Cancer
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Parathyroid Gland Cancer (Parathyroid Neoplasm)
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Throat Cancer (Pharyngeal Neoplasm)
- Thyroid Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Giantonio graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Giantonio has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Giantonio accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Bruce J. Giantonio practice?
Dr. Bruce Giantonio practices Medical Oncology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Oncologists.