Dr. Bruce Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 14th, 2013
Fantastic Surgeon
I am so stunned by the previous comment concerning Dr. Cohen. I found him to be an outstanding surgeon. He is very professional and did the most detailed exam that I have ever had pertaining to my eyes,. My lasik went so smoothly and I now have excellent vision. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.

February 15th, 2013
Not recommended!
I had lasik evaluation with Dr. Cohen. Most of the eye exam was performed by a technician and an optometrist. Dr. Cohen spent <5 min doing the exam himself. Dr. Cohen made no mention of any chronic dryness, which I had been told before, or that lasik would exacerbate my condition. For the initial consultation, I was charged $100 up front (other places do not charge any fee). Dr. Cohen also charges additional fees should there be corrections after the surgery (other places do not). I was not happy with the level of patient care provided by Dr. Cohen and wanted to another opinion. I went to Dr. Wexler, who attempted to treat my dry eyes for 3 weeks with artificial tears, steroid drops, cyclosporin drops. After 3 weeks, there was only minimal improvement and Dr. Wexler advised me not to pursue lasik for the time being as lasik can cause further dryness, and visual aberrations after surgery. I would not recommend Dr. Bruce Cohen for lasik based on my experience.