Dr. Bruce Hughes MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 21st, 2017
Patient with MS
I have been seeing Dr. Hughes since 2008. It took me awhile to find an MS doctor that really believed all my symptoms and didn't tell me to just "Get over it" . He listened! He validated my symptoms and concerns. He took time with me and gave me options. Even suggested trying to get into a research study. I have a second chance at living a decent and good life because of him.

April 10th, 2016
.One of my best Dr,. experiences

October 28th, 2015
Dr Hughes had great information and provided hope.

May 27th, 2015
mr.
Time spent with patient is 10 min at best. Dr or nurses don't return calls the same day. Sometimes it's many days before you hear anything. I advise requesting your dictation from Dr hughes. I've noticed he claims to spend more time with patient than he really does. Also, he claims he discussed topics that never took place and adds negative statements that are unnecessary. I would never recommend him to anyone. He's very full of himself.

January 21st, 2014
Full Trust in Dr. Hughes
I have full trust in Dr. Hughes. I can't say that about most doctors I have seen. My general practitioner told me she has sent patients to Mayo who in return sent them to Dr. Hughes.

October 10th, 2013
Satisifed Patient
9 years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and started seeing Dr Hughes 5 years ago when I moved to the Des Moines Area. He is the best neurologist I have seen over the years and I have been so happy with his treatment method. He takes the time to explain how the disease works and is very honest with how I am doing with the symptoms and progression of the disease. He is very knowledgable on the treatments and always leaves me feeling like we've made the best decision for me when I leave there.

April 20th, 2013
No concern for his patients
My wife is having a terrible time with her hand shaking. She has called every day for the last week to see about getting some medicine to help. She never gets to talk to the doctor and just gets his nurse which never returns her call. She called her general doctor to have him request some assistance and he contacted Dr Hughes who told him she did not need any medication. My wife still suffers and has a terrible time trying to eat and drink. Dr Hughes knows his information and gets too involved in speaking engagements that he forgets that his patients are his first priority.

March 22nd, 2013
My son see Dr. Hughes for his seizures. He is always willing to listen to my concerns and come up with the best solution possible for my son. I never feel rushed, always get all my questions answered and feel he values my opinion and my son's quality of life. We are lucky to have such a great doctor.

September 17th, 2011
DR.'S NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS VEFORE & GIVES UP
DR SAW PT BECAUSE PT IS FAINTING FOR NO REASON. GAVE MRI RESULTS. WHILE EXAMINING PT. FAINTED. HE YELLED AT PT "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" HE STATED THAT HE "HAD NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE" AND LEFT IT AT THAT, DID NOT ORDER EEG, DID NOT PURSUE ANY OTHER POSSIBLITIES. USED MINOR PRIOR TREATMENT FOR DEPRESSION AS EXCUSE FOR WHAT WAS HAPPENING.

August 7th, 2011
Dr Hughes..
He is an awesome doctor who genuinely cares about his patients and their quality of life. The staff at his office suck. They want to argue about scheduling appointments and become confrontational. Also the nurses there like to give expert medical advice of that of a doctor and to me its not professional.

October 6th, 2010
We are lucky to have Dr. Hughes in the Des Moines area. He is very caring and takes the time to listen to and educate his patients.

September 10th, 2010
Best in Des Moines
Dr. Hughes spends a lot of time with patients and is open to discussions and considerations of experimental and alternative treatments. His "bedside manner" is excellent. He is very conversant regarding clinical trials.