Ophthalmologists
1800 Bering Dr
Ste 200
Houston, TX 77057
713-490-0880
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2014

I wait 4 hours to have my surgery. My appointment was at 5:30pm and didn't leave the center until 8:30 pm. It was a horrible experience. Not to mention the staff inn the financial office. The opened a loan account without my knowledge. They are scammers . Stay away from them.

by Patricia Tucker on Feb 13th, 2014

I had Lasik surgery on Feb. 8, 2014 and I had a great experience with the staff at Lasik Vision Institute. Dr. January is AWESOME. I was extremely nervous about having the procedure but Dr. January alleviated my apprehensiveness with his confidence, personality, and professionalism. He made me feel as if I was his only patient. It’s been 4 days since my surgery and I feel good, and I have 20/20 vision. I highly recommend Dr. January for anyone who’s interested in having Lasik surgery.

|  Think Twice Twice!!  |  show details
by Lannie A. on Oct 8th, 2013

When financing my surgery, I purchased the Lifetime Plan to cover future procedures if needed. They omitted some exclusions to sell the Plan. Lasik Institute is willing to perform unnecessary surgery as way of not refunded funds for the plan. I had my Lasik done in 2010 in which I responded very well. Now by 2012 I needed glasses again. I saw the eye doctor for my annual about my sight not clear and was told my eyes were dry and my sight is the best they would get. I specifically asked if it could be corrected and the doctor said "no". She wouldn't refill the Restasis prescription even though there is a problem with dry eyes. As I drove home I thought they would know end results before proceeding, so I called back. I spoke to the receptionist which immediately got the doctor. The doctor did not sound confident with her response: Well, we place a contact in to see if helps after which we may be able to do the correction surgery. Something isn't right. That lead me to go to an optometrist to get a second opinion on my eye. The results were surprising. I agreed to another exam but I insist that my second doctor remain in the loop. They're willing to sacrifice someone sight keep the Lifetime Plan money....Scary!!! It seems unfair to rate Dr. January on the basis of another doctor's actions in the office. The doctor is rushed, vague responses and

|  think twice...  |  show details
by Yvette B on Sep 27th, 2013

I just saw an eye doctor about my right eye not seeing clearly. She said my lasik wasn't done that well... I am quite upset. I had mine done in 2007, and by 2009 I needed glasses again. Something isn't right. I now have to go to an optometrist to get a second opinion on my eye

|  great experience  |  show details
by jenb on Aug 8th, 2013

I received surgery early this morning I am doing fine late at night and I'm able to see things well and read print that I wasn't able to read before surgery. Dr Bruce January on his staff were very professional and kept me at ease while walking me through step-by-step as they were doing the procedure.I am Not sure the exact amount of time the surgery tech but it felt like it was 5 minutes or so it was awesome I was done way sooner than expected. I felt no pain just some pressure, tonight I continue to feel well!

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Lindsey on May 21st, 2013

Dr. January is so great! He is so funny and personable but also can be serious and professional. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and did a wonderful job on my LASIK procedure. The staff was really great as well. I was always seen immediately when first arriving but would have to wait a bit in between steps but nothing too terrible. I would recommend Dr. January to anyone!

|  Greatest Doctor Ever!  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

I was very concerned about the procedure and he spent extra time answering all my questions. His follow-up care was outstanding. Would recommend to everyone.

|  I can see!!  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

I would highly recommend anyone to Dr. January! Very fun guy, makes you feel at ease. Thank you so much for educating me and giving my vision back! So life changing! -Sandy

|  I was Dr. January's First laser surgery patient!  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2012

Dr. January performed my Laser eye surgery in 1996!!! As a matter of fact, I was his very first laser eye surgery patient! My vision after surgery was better than 20/20 and it's still great 16 years later! His skills and abilities have stood the test of time for sure! Thank you Dr. January for the sight you have given me for ALL these years!Terri

Apr 24th, 2012

Dr January was great. He is very funny and made me feel at ease. I highly recommend him. His staff is great too.

|  I can see!!!!  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

First let me say that I have worn glasses/contacts for the most part of my life. My eyesight was pretty bad. -6.50 on one eye and -6.00 on the other. I felt almost disabled without my glasses/contacts. It's not until this year that I started to seriously think about lasiks. After researching and going to several doctors I decided to go to The Lasik Vision Institute. Out of all the places that I went to I fell that I got the best attention here. On the first consultation I was seen by one of the female doctors. I can't remember her name but I loved the care and attention I got from her. She took her time and explained everything and answered all my questions. The surgery was performed by Dr. January and he was completely AWESOME!! He even gives his patients his cell phone in case they have any problems. The next day I went for my follow up and I saw the same female doctor but ran into Dr. January in the waiting room. He was just sitting there chit chatting with a patient. He greeted us (I had taken my kids cause it was a Sunday and I was told it was going to be very fast) and he asked my daughter if he could see her glasses and checked to see how much prescription they had. He told me that her vision was not to bad but it would probably get worse when she gets older (unfortunatley it's hereditary) he also picked up my two year old and was talking to him. If that doesn't say something about customer service than I don't know what does. Oh my vision was 20/20 by the way which I have never had! Thank you Dr. January becuase I can see!! You have changed my life! May God bless you!

|  Well Oiled Machine  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr. January has a very good operation at the 1800 Bering Dr. Houston, TX location. The staff are all very informed and very thoughtful. Each person asked me at least once, "Are you comfortable? Do you need anything? We want you to feel at ease." I was so surprised with their professionalism. Then the test and mapping were performed multiple times to ensure everything was accurate. They were also very clean. They always cleaned the machines before I used them and stressed the importance of using sterile eye drops. They did everything in their power to calm my nerves. It was a great experience and I highly recommend the Lasik Vision Institue and Dr. January.

|  One of his early patients  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2011

Dr. January did PRK surgery on me back in 1997 in Biloxi, MS. I am now 36 years old and still do not have to wear glasses! I was away at college when he performed my surgery during spring break, and he would come in on weekends to do my follow-ups. If that's not going above and beyond, I don't know what is. If he were still living in my area, I would recommend him to everyone interested in this surgery. Thank you, Dr. January, for the gift of my sight back!

Feb 13th, 2011

Committed, dedicated, and is professional. Extremely caring about the final outcome of your freedom from glasses.

by Alexis Pham on Jun 3rd, 2010

I am very happy with Dr. Bruce and his staff. In the last two months three of my member had lasik done by Dr. Bruce and I myself just recently had PRK done by Dr. Bruce. I am still in recovery, I just have my done on May 29th so it's too soon to let you know the result; however, I am very please with his services and careness.

|  Dr. January  |  show details
by Kimberly Cole on Jan 6th, 2010

AWESOME JOB!!!! Your super kind and I love that I can see without my contacts! LOVE IT everyday!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

|  Dr. January is truly a professional!  |  show details
by Anita Terry on Sep 25th, 2009

I have worn thick glasses since kindergarten. When contact lenses were introduced, my world changed. That was until I started approaching age 40 and could no longer see with my contact lenses and reading glasses. I thank God for Dr. January's skills. He was very thorough and professional. He explained in detail what was taking place with my eyes, while taking in consideration my age, my eye tests results, etc. I had consultations at 3 other Lasik clinics before I met with Dr. January, and they were ready to do my Lasik on me immediately. It's no wonder that many people whom I've spoken to over the years have had bad experiences elsewhere. Some of those clinics were not thorough. I fear, had I gone elsewhere where they weren't as thorough as Dr. January, that I would have to have my eyes redone also. Before Dr. January would correct my eyes, he instructed me to wear my thick glasses until my corneas went back to their original shape. He would not work on my eyes until my orbscans were healthy. He took in consideration my age, my prescription and the health of my eyes. As a result, Dr. January performed PRK on my eyes. I walked out of there saying to myself -- this is the clearest that I've ever been able to see in my lifetime. I was teased about my now being able to read small print on product labels. Literally, I now see the world with a different prospective. As a result, I recommended Dr. January's services to my siblings and friends. He also successfully corrected their vision. This was 7 years ago. To date, I still don't need reading glasses and continue to recommend his services. Anita Terry

|  The Best  |  show details
by Tommy Jones La Vernia TX on Sep 9th, 2009

Dr January is Awesome! Not only did he correct a previous mistake of another doctor but he corrected my vision so good that I didn't have to wear glasses at all. I'm a 50 male who wore bifocals up until my surgery. Dr January has a great bedside manor about him that makes you feel like he's your best friend. He is extremely knowledgeable & explains everything until you don't have any more questions. His staff is like family. They always follow up with me and make special arrangements with me because I don't live close by. We drive 200 miles one way to see him. I don't trust anyone else with something so precious as my eyes. I follow up once a year and it's like I just saw him yesterday. He studies his patients so that it's like he remembers everything about me. He's a great doctor and an wonderful person. He cares about each of his patients.