Neurological Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
Inverness Office Park
Firsthealth UNC Neurosurgery
5 First Village Dr
Pinehurst, NC 28374
910-295-0215
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor & Person  |  show details
by Lonnie E. Shipe on Apr 18th, 2013

Dr Jaufmann performed two surgeries on my neck in June 1994 and the second surgery in 1997. I was born wit6h Cerebral Palsy and I fell down off of my crutches, in the bathroom and broke my neck. Follow up after my two surgeries on my neck was fantastic, includig personal telephone calls to my home. With any medical equipment that I may need to help my life be better, Dr. Jaufmann will always do everything he can to see I get everything I need. He is always cheerful and joyfull. Dr. Jaufmann is fully interested in not only my health but in my general peace, wellness and happiness in life. My office visits with Dr. Jaufmann has always been prompt, supportive, non rushed and extremely helpful with his highest professionalism. The nursing staff, office staff has alwys been cheerfulm,helpful and tremendous supportive in whatever situations we share with them in regards to my health and being comfortable. Dr. Jaufmann and his staff is simply fantastic. I am better off today because all of them. Sincerely, Lonnie E. Shipe, M.A. Counseling education.

|  The best doctor ever  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr Jaufmann saved my husbands life 10 years ago from a brain aneurysm. He explains everything so you understand it. He does not sugar coat bad news. He truly cares for his patients and what the family members are going through. He helped with his workers comp case and because of him we finally won. Thanks to his skills and the Lord above, my husband made a miraculous recovering and was able to go back to work as a police officer. Dr Jaufmann takes the time to listen to you and will do anything to help you and your family. I have already recommended him to a friend who had a successful back surgery after years of pain. Dr. Jaufmann is the BEST!!!! His staff is also friendly and will help you with anything. He has to be good to work for because he has had the same assistant for over 10 years that we have been seeing him.

|  outstanding doctor  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

Dr Jaufmann repaired an abnormality at the base of my brain that I was born with. Years of pain and agony are now over. I would recommend him to anyone with a serious brain condition.He is wonderful

Nov 15th, 2011

This doctor caused my mother great pain because he refused to acknowledge his mistake. If he had simply corrected the error, she would have suffered less. He cares only about his ego and his reputation. I would never allow anyone I love to see this doctor again.

|  To Dr. Jaufmann  |  show details
by Mr. Lonnie E. Shipe, M.A. Counseling Education on Feb 24th, 2011

Dr. Jaufmann is one if not the best doctor I ever had. He listens. He cares. He is helpful in any way that he can be of help to me. He takes the extra time to listen to me. His office staff is caring and helpful also.It is a joy to have an appointment with Dr. Jaufmann. And it is a special privilege to have him as my doctor.

Apr 4th, 2010

What an outstanding neurosurgeon.He removed a very large tumor from my brain and my seizures have stopped. Thank God for Dr J

Feb 3rd, 2010

Dr Jaufmann is an outstanding surgeon.I had surgery on my back and am doing great

|  outstanding  |  show details
Jan 16th, 2010

back pain leg pain for many years . Now I,m off pain meds following a spinal cord stimulator.Thanks Dr J

|  The Best  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2009

Dr Jaufmann fixed my back. I feel great.Thank you to him

|  Top Notch Doctor  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2009

Dr. Jaufmann removed a very large brain tumor from me. I continue to enjoy good health and I am enjoying my family and grandchildren. Obviously he is a great neurosurgeon,who is kind,compassionate and who is extemly devoted to his patients and their family.

|  Hospital procedure concerns  |  show details
by John Schwarz on Oct 27th, 2009

Dr Bruce Jaufmann performed a surgical procedure on my cervical spine at the Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst, NC. My DISAPPOINTMENT is focused on his demeanor and professional manner. Clinically, the procedure seems to have gone well, and I am still in the recovery/rehab phase. However, while in the hospital I was scheduled to go to OR between 1200-1230 and at approx 1215 went into the pre-op area of the OR, while my wife was instructed to go downstairs to the surgical waiting room area. The procedure was to take approx 2 hr duration. However it was over 4 hours before I ever even went to the OR. It was after 4:30 pm when my wife received a phone call on the phone located in the waiting room area which was brief and only stated "your husband is just going into the OR and will be approx 2 hr, you will need to wait in the waiting room area in case we need to contact you" .. click for the hang up. Now while in the OR pre-op area waiting, I was approached by Dr Bruce Jaufmann who introduced himself to me and as I recall only spent a few minutes with me, did not explain in any detail what he would be doing. This was my first visit with him, as his partner was initially scheduled to perform the procedure, but do to a medical issue was unable to do so and deferred to her partner. I asked Dr. Jaufmann if he could let my wife know or speak with her since it had been a while for me waiting in the pre-op area, and he told me he would go downstairs and speak with her ... which he NEVER did. Now, he was not alone in this in that the RN in the pre-op had also told me she would go down and speak with my wife, and she NEVER did either. This was a very big disappointment to me as this left my wife obviously not knowing why there was such a LONG delay in her not hearing about my condition and thus I am certain had her worried. Part of being a GOOD health care provider is also being compassionate and caring about the patient (and their family concerns). In this respect, Dr Bruce Jaufmann FAILED immensely in my eyes. And he has never made any attempt to apologize to either me or my wife for this issue. And it was my understanding from his office manager that he was made aware of my disappointment with my placing similar comments on the NC Medical Board complaint file and in the submission of the First Health Survey forms for the Moore County Hospital mailed to me after the operation. There is more to medicine than simply being proficient in skills, caring and compassion should be a quality I would personally expect from any provider I would trust my health and well being to. I would encourage you to consider this in making your choice for who you will elect to provide health care to you. v/r js

|  BEST BRAIN SURGEON  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2009

Dr Jaufmann saved my life. What more can I say?