Internist, Psychiatrists

Contemporary Psychiatric Svc
5920 Hubbard Dr
Rockville, MD 20852
301-984-9791
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

May 29th, 2013

Side effects of meds were written off as symptoms of mine. I've never felt worse.

|  Dr. Kehr has got it going on!  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

I knew at my first consultation that he knew he was the doc for me. is business and he was/is kind and compassionate, to boot.

Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Kehr is an excellent psychiatrist, I have been a client for about 10 years. He is especailly knowledgeable about drug interactions with other conditions and with the interactions of other conditions among each other. He is freindly and compassionate. Very professional.

|  Keep looking  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

Dr. Kehr was late, but didn't extend the appointment time. He was presumptuous and jumped to conclusions regarding my condition. He would like everyone to fit into his predefined notions. If you have anxiety disorder, run far away, as he will manage to make you feel worse.

|  Dr. Kehr  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2010

I loved him. He was professional and kind. Helped me immediately and seemed to really understand my problems.

|  Very intelligent and knowledgable man  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2010

I haven't required psychiatric assistance in years, but when I did in the past, I had to go try out multiple doctors before finding one who inspired confidence by demonstrating mastery of their field.This time, I got it right on the first try. Just a random choice off the internet, but it worked out well. This office is not the most convenient location for me. However, I will stick with Dr. Kehr because he strikes the perfect balance of taking in my concerns, while developing a clearly laid-out plan for my treatment. He is very well-read on the latest developments/ studies in the field, and reference them during our meetings in a way that I find helpful and easy to understand. All science, no new-age mumbo jumbo.Besides location/ price, the only small complaint I have is that sometime I do feel a bit rushed at follow-up appointments. That said, this is maintenance, not therapy. Also, I do not need the kidskin glove touch so much. Dr. Kehr is perfectly kind and responsive, and I'm sure if I attempted to stretch our meetings longer, he would be amenable to doing so. The brevity of appointments might be more of a concern if you like more touchy-feely doctors.If, on the other hand, knowledge and expertise are at the top of your priority list, I highly recommend Dr. Kehr.

by extremely happy patient on Jan 6th, 2010

Before I saw Dr. Kehr I was spending every day in bed and I had ZERO energy. I was unable to do my work, I was about to lose my job, and I simply could not focus on any task. Everything seemed like it was never going to change. One of my friends recommended that I see Dr. Kehr -- (he told me that he changed his life) -- so I decided to make an appointment. I was skeptical at first because no doctor had been able to help me in the past...but during the initial consultation I realized that Dr. Kehr was extremely special. He was one of the most intelligent people I had ever encountered...unlike other Doctors. Not only was he smart, but he was extremely warm and comforting. Seeing Dr. Kehr changed my life. I am now my old self again -- and I thought that she was lost forever. I was able to keep my job, and was even promoted. I am doing SO MUCH BETTER all thanks to him. If you are feeling depressed, or anxious, or angry...whatever it is...I really recommend that you see Dr. Kehr. Although it appears that he charges a lot, I have actually saved a ton of money with Dr. Kehr as opposed to other doctors. He pinpoints exactly what you need to feel better, so its a lifesaver and really cheap in the long run. He works miracles...and I am so much better because of him.

|  Beware of Deception  |  show details
by unhappy patient on Aug 28th, 2009

Initially I was impressed with Dr. Kehr. He personally returned my first phone call and agreed to meet with me the next day after work. He told me on the phone he did not participate with any insurance companies but that he would work with me make it affordable. His office appeared to be closed when I went in that evening around 6:00 and he provided service before he asked me to fill out any paperwork or obtain insurance information. These two clues should have made me stop and ask more questions but I didn't. When it was over, he asked me to fill out paperwork and and charged me nearly $300. He offered no concession or apology for leading me on and he has never followed up with me. I blame myself for not suspecting something sooner before it was too late.

by Natalie on Apr 22nd, 2009

He makes you comfortable and open. He is good at what he does. The only negative that I can say is price is very high for me.