Dr. Bruce Kihlstrom MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Patient
Several years ago I had emergency surgery to remove a brain tumor. Dr. Bruce Kilhstrom is an excellent surgeon. My only complaint would be him not being very personable. The human side of kindness and sensitivity of feelings and life changing event in my life. Several years after his surgery, I had another brain tumor and a different Neurosurgeon who was Remarkable 100% and after surgery, available and caring.

March 31st, 2016
Great doctor!

October 10th, 2012
Dr Kilstrom
I had Triple Fusion surgery on my neck.I had great service with Dr kilstrom. He also had Dr Price as packup in the recovery after my surgery. I greatly appreciate his help.

July 2nd, 2010
A excellent surgeon and a true professional
After my opthalmologist, Dr. Richard Marion, identified bilateral papilledema he referred me for an MRI and ultimately to Dr. Kihlstrom. Dr. Kihlstrom diagnosed me with a large benign meningioma (tennis ball size) located in the right frontal lobe of my brain. Of course what I thought was a well ordered life was totally shaken. However, Dr. Kilstrom, aware of the urgency of the situation, set things in motion and scheduled all of my appointments in record time for me to have the surgery one week later. I will not discuss the agony I experienced in intensive care which at Durham Regional Hospital because he had not control over that. And I must admit that recovery from brain surgery was the worst thing I've ever had to deal with but Dr. Kihlstrom and his nurse, Kim, were there for me every step of the way. I was back at work 3 months later and now, 3 years later, I feel like a new person. Dr.s Marion and Kihlstrom saved my life! Kusos to both!

November 12th, 2009
Misdiagnosed My Problem
Dr. Kihlstrom diagnosed me with Degenerative Disc Disease, even though the MRI report stated, "bulge L4 - L5". Dr. Kihlstrom dismissed that and said Degenerative Disc Disease was causing the pain. After 9 months of mistreatment, Dr. Max Cohen at Greensboro Spine viewed the same MRI and immediately recognized the Herniated Disc. I now have permanent nerve damage from the delay in proper treatment and I am scheduled for a Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant. Dr. Kihlstrom only offered to send me to Pain Management after the pain only continued to get worse.