Dr. Bruce Lantry Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Lantry?

Don't be late!

Posted on October 10th, 2017

We were with Dr. Lantry since 2001 after being honorably discharged from the United States Navy. Dr. Lantry was our first-born's pediatrician. Since then, my wife and I have had four more children and continued to have him as our children's' pediatrician. We were "let go" by Dr. Lantry himself (letter in the mail) because we were eleven minutes late for our youngest daughter's well checkup. (To be precise, they give you 10 minutes pass your schedule appointment but we were one minute outside the "open window" of being late). I will admit that I was late in the past twice but happily paid the $50.00 late fee. I understand that there are children that need the slots and why being late can cause other families a dilemma and Dr. Lantry would lose a lot of money. Nevermind it was the first day of school (August 24th, 2017) and the appointment was at 3 P.M. and elementary school was officially over at 2:50 P.M. I tried my hardest to come in on time but was pulled over by the Helotes Police. After getting a warning from the police, we were on our way looking forward to seeing our children's pediatrician. The tone was felt when my wife entered the office. They told her we missed the appointment and Dr. Lantry would not see us. The medical assistants were busy sweeping and cleaning up the empty waiting room. I knew they had a lot of pediatric patients to care for, therefore they were extremely busy. Again all our fault. Policy and procedure. But a warning to all, don't be late because you will be in our predicament. Even a family that has been with him for 16 plus years. No bending the rules by Dr. Lantry and staff, even if you pay the late fees. Pros and Cons of having Dr. Lantry as your children's pediatrician: Pros: Very intelligent, clinic is very clean. Cons: Itemize every procedure to the highest amount to get the highest payment by insurance companies (your insurance better be good or else you will have to pay the difference; impersonal, won't bend the rules if you're late. Nonchalant staff. Wow, five children and we were fired. A lot of money lost on his part. Thank goodness for the minute clinic and the choices of thousands of pediatricians in San Antonio. My co-workers of nurses, doctors, and myself continue to shake our heads. Not good for business.

Only pediatrician for my kid!

Posted on February 22nd, 2012

My son has been seeing Dr. Lantry since 2 weeks after he was born in 1999. My son is 12 and doesn't want to know any other pediatrician other than Dr. Lantry. He trusts Dr. Lantry and knows that Dr. Lantry will directly ask him how he is doing which is important for a young boy/man. Dr. Lantry has also taken the time to talk to me about concerns I have and has never made me feel unimportant. The staff is very courteous, kind, professional, and follow-up is excellent. We love Dr. Lantry and will be sad when we have to leave his practice in a little over 5 years when my son is an "adult." :)

Great Pediatric Doctor!

Posted on February 6th, 2012

Amber

Posted on April 7th, 2010

Dr. Lantry is a wonderful doctor who has great bedside manners. My children love going to see him, because he talks to the children to try and find out what is wrong. he also talks with the parents not at them but with them. I would recommend him to all my friends!!!

Dr. Lantry has been my children dr for 9years and counting.

Posted on August 10th, 2009

I have only excellent comments about Dr. Lantry. I have 5 children and he remembers every single one and always insures they get the best of care. I have had Dr. Lantry take care of my children since 1999 when my first son was born. All I have to do when I have a concern is call him. He had a great nurse too Ms Wheeler.

Mom of 3

Posted on March 23rd, 2009

I have never waited more than 5 minutes to see the Dr. My kids love Dr. Lantry. He takes the time to get to know your child and is patient with answering any questions. I wouldn't take my children anywhere else.

Posted on March 17th, 2009

staff attitude and dr just want your money don't care about kids!

Doctor's Response

Complaints cannot be productive if there is no explanation as to why you made this comment. If you can expand on your thoughts then we can look at your issues.

Posted on June 18th, 2016