A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Leavitt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Leavitt is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Leavitt
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Leavitt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Leavitt, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Heart Failure
- Low Cardiac Output
- Lung Cancer
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
Education & Awards
Dr. Leavitt graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Leavitt has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Fletcher Allen Healthcare
- Fletcher Allen Health Care - Fanny Allen Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bruce Jason Leavitt MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Bruce J. Leavitt practice?
- Dr. Bruce Leavitt has 1 office location.
Dr. Bruce Leavitt practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Burlington, VT.
See Burlington Surgeons.