A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Long:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Long is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Long
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Long Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Long, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Long graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Long has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bruce A Long MD is a male Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Bruce A. Long practice?
- Dr. Bruce Long has 6 office locations.
Dr. Bruce Long practices Surgery near Roanoke, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Rocky Mount, VA and Hardy, VA.
See Roanoke Surgeons.