A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Long:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bruce Long is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Long
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Long Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Long, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Morbid Obesity
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Long graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Dr. Long has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
- Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Bruce A Long MD is a male Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Bruce A. Long practice?
- Dr. Bruce Long has 6 office locations.
Dr. Bruce Long practices Surgery near Roanoke, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Rocky Mount, VA and Hardy, VA.
See Roanoke Surgeons.