A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bruce Markovitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bruce Markovitz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Markovitz graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Markovitz has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital
- Frankford Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Markovitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Bruce J. Markovitz practice?
Dr. Bruce Markovitz practices Ophthalmology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Lafayette Hill, PA and Conshohocken, PA.
See Philadelphia Ophthalmologists.