The eye doctor-surgeon all the other area doctors refer their patients to, and for good reason. show details The eye doctor-surgeon all the other area doctors refer their patients to, and for good reason.
by Tim Clausen on Sep 14th, 2015

It is not just coincidence that lots of other doctors and optometrists, etc refer their patients to Bruce Massaro. He's a real master of his craft, and whatever surgery you are needing,, he has done hundreds like it before. He is quick, efficient, to the point, friendly, and personable. I was much less impressed with his staff people, but would still highly recommend him to anyone.

Feb 24th, 2015

He's a wonderful Christian doctor! Service is great!

Acct rep show details Acct rep
by Kim on Nov 25th, 2014

Do not go to him. Still crying. I had a few redo ops. Scars of eyelift very visable. Made beautiful eyes UGLY. quack

Aug 27th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Massaro by my ophthalmologist and internist for droopy eylelids which affected my vision. I was able to schedule an appointment with ease. I found Dr. Massaro to be very pleasant and he thoroughly explained the procedure. His staff was also pleasant. After getting the OK from my insurance company, an appointment was made to have the procedure done. Before the procedure Dr. Massaro stopped into my room to see me and assure me everything would be fine. This help put me at ease. The procedure went well. On my follow up visit the next week I again found Dr. Massaro to be very pleasant and caring. The staff was also courteous. Any type of surgery causes anxiety, but Dr. Massaro's gentle manner helped lessen that feeling.

"Bedside Manor" show details "Bedside Manor"
by Amy K on Jun 17th, 2014

I have had an experience with another doctor who was very nasty. I walked out of that appointment too. This doctor massaro is a narcissistic inhumane person.

by Andrea Wagoner on May 24th, 2014

It is true that people's various experiences with a doctor can range widely. But if it is important to you to have your questions answered with clarity and respect, and not brusqueness, impatience and rather bizarre repetition of phrases that don't even seem related to what you just asked, then Dr. Massaro is likely not the best choice for you.

Lymphoma 2006 show details Lymphoma 2006
by Linda Bassett on Feb 10th, 2014

I was referred to Dr Massaro, by an optometrist. I had a swelling in my right lower lid. Dr Massaro ,immediately scheduled a biopsy. I was diagnosed with a lymphoma. He recommended an oncologist. I had 6 weeks of radiation and have been cancer free for 7yrs. Thank you Dr Massaro..

Didn't care about all the scarring he left, and charged me for follow-up show details Didn't care about all the scarring he left, and charged me for follow-up
by Scarred for Life on Oct 9th, 2013

I had heard Massaro was very good but I was quite disappointed with the outcome of my eyelid surgery, as well as his poor follow-up. Dr. Massaro did my brow lift along with eyelid surgery and, after two years, I still have a big gauging scar at my eyebrow as well as evident scars from the rest of the cuts he made. And, when he saw after the surgery that he may not have raised one brow enough, he made me pay another $50 for that follow-up appointment, even though it was his fault. Of course he decided to do nothing about it. Also, even though he saw at that appointment the deep scar he left on that same brow, which now needs lots of makeup to cover, he refused to fix it. Instead, he told me to find another surgeon who does resurfacing. For all the big money I paid him, I will have to deal with scars around my eyes for the rest of my life, or pay someone else to try and fix them. I found him very cold in his approach, and it seemed to me he valued the money over me.

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse
GEHC show details GEHC
by Ellen Lindop on Oct 5th, 2013

Dr. Massaro is wonderful - I am very pleased with the results and how natural my eyes look and how I dont look tired anymore and I can see. Very Very Very pleased.

arrogant and condescending doctor show details arrogant and condescending doctor
Sep 5th, 2013

Very satisfied with the end result of my surgery but the doctor and his entire robotic office staff need a seminar in customer service. Very flip with me in initial consultation. Girls in the office were the same. Surgery scheduler was like a robot. The same info given to all and in a monotone manner. No follow up phone call after surgery to see if I was ok. No follow up call EVER. Only to reschedule my appointment and then no ease of getting back in. Again....very competent surgeon but it was a most unpleasant experience.

Rude staff. show details Rude staff.
by Sarah J. on Jul 19th, 2013

I wanted to have some under eye work done, but the mean staff deterred me from making an appointment. I called twice to get some general information before coming in and both days the receptionist was incredibly nasty with me. I could feel her eye rolling contempt for me over the phone, so I decided to take my business elsewhere. Dr. Massaro may be the best doctor in the world, but due to his staff, I will never know. I made an appointment with a Chicago surgeon instead.