Dr. Bruce McLucas, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Jan 17th, 2015

I suffered from extremely painful and heavy periods that were caused by a large fibroid. Besides that, it was positioned to where it put pressure on my bladder thus causing discomfort. Two doctors recommended hysterectomy which I did not want to do. A colleague recommended Dr. McLucas and UFE. After extensive research I decided that UFE was what I wanted. To make a long story short, Dr. McLucas performed UFE on me and as soon as I awoke from the procedure, although I was in pain, I swear that I could feel the fibroid degenerating. I knew I chose the right procedure. From then on, my periods were super light and lasted only 3 days without any pain. I highly recommend Dr. McLucas and UFE.

Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I actually didn't know what to expect during my initial visit. Dr. McLucas is the FIRST doctor that thinks about his patients needs and not insurance. I felt that I was his top priority!

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Amazing professionalism I am so grateful to Dr Applebaum for referring me to Dr McLucas I was confident every step of the way I was in excellent hands and my certainty was correct, surgery with no pain what awesome future for major medical breakthrough

Oct 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. McLucas for almost two decades. He is an expert in his field and provides top-notch service to his patients. His facilities and processes are state-of-the-art and his staff are knowledgeable and efficient.

Oct 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McLucas demeanor was very serious, he immediately got to the point when I was in his office..he did discuss with me my situation and explained the procedure, it took him a little long to come back to do the pelvic exam

Sep 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas is the best in the business. He is straightforward without being rude or cold. He legitimately wants to help his clients and make sure they are symptom and pain free. His staff is amazing too and very helpful.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
saved my life! show details saved my life!
by s. davis on Sep 6th, 2014

Really good surgeon !!

Aug 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The best doctor with the best team

Aug 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I would ask that first time visitors be informed at the time that the appointment is made that there will be an exam during the first visit. I was not made aware that I would be undergoing an exam during my first visit and I was not prepared for it.

Jul 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone was excellent however, because my insurance provider is not accepted , I was referred to his associate at another facility that dies this procedure and accepts my insurance. So wish me luck. Thank you for your time

Jul 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Mc Lucas and his staff, were awesome!. Dr. McLucas, saved my life! LITERALLY.

Jul 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas is the best there is!

Jul 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is a wonderful doctor providing an excellent service. Thank you Dr. Bruce McLucas for your help! Thank you for providing an excellent service.

Jul 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm glad he's my doctor! Couldn't ask for better.

Jul 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything about having fibroids made me nervous. Dr. McLucas and his staff are so confident, professional and knowledgeable that after my first visit I felt relief was in sight. I've now had the embolization procedure and am so happy with the results!

Jul 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt so well taken care of from reception to financials. Dr. McLucas and his staff explained everything in detail before and after my procedure. The nurses were very attentive and Dr. McLucas checked on me personally.

Jul 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McLucas and his team are a joy and a personal blessing to me. They are considerate and professional. The work they do is profound and helps so many. I am very grateful for Dr McLucas who cares and makes himself available to his patients.

Jul 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm very happy that I went through with this surgery. I see the differences in not having fribroids. I don't have heavy bleeding anymore, I don't go to the restroom every 20 miss like I used to and I don't have pains anymore. It a big relieved.

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. McLucas. The exam was quick but thorough. I was scheduled for surgery quickly and I feel confident in the care I have received and will be receiving. The staff made what was a scary prospect manageable.

Jun 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Need more comfortable bed for overnight care...

May 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My entire experience has been excellent so far. I had my procedure done early March. The staff and doctor followed up with me constantly during the first few weeks of the procedure and continue to follow up consistently . I am extremely satisfied!!

May 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The best Doctor, someone who you can really trust.

May 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was very pleased with meetings with the doctor today. I have full confidence in him and can't wait to get my procedure done.

May 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McL is always thorough and caring. He guides me to stay on top of my health needs. I appreciate that.

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything was great. Dr. McLucas was wonderfull with all of concerns and his staff as well. They really took care of me. Thank you so much Doctor McLucas and staff.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am always amazed at the care and personal attention I get very time I come into the office. The staff is always cheerful and efficient. I fortunately found Dr McLucas who is a champion in his field. He is the pioneer in fibroid embolization.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everything was excellent I'm still a little unsure about the breakdown of costs for my procedure and when I asked for a printout I never received anything. Other than that no complaints.

Apr 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was thoroughly impressed with the staff friendliness, and efficiency of the evaluation process! I was very pleased!

Apr 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very informative, and willing to answer all questions.

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I found the doctor to be extremely thorough and professional. Great staff and I feel comfortable with this doctor and also his credentials.

Apr 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very thorough, caring and addressed all my concerns!

Mar 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very nice and knowledgeable doctor.

Mar 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was quick and right to the point! I would recommend this place to my friends that have fibroids.

Mar 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas and his team provided an excellent service before, during and after my initial visit and procedure. His team offered tremendous follow-up care and attention that gave me incredible comfort in my recuperation period.

Mar 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Please add "zero wait time" to your survey list--- I walked right in! Dr. Mc Lucas' interest in the care of his patients goes beyond his area-- he cares about the health of the "whole patient"!

Feb 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone was very professional, caring and supportive. They also seemed happy to work there which shows it is a good, tightly knit group and gives patients a feeling their in good hands and will be taken care of.

Feb 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas and the FTC staff are amazing! His office is extremely comforting and I know I'm in good hands.

Feb 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas is extremely knowleadable, professional and caring. Although he is a busy specialist with a high case load, he manages to give each of his patients individualized care and time. He is also supported by an amazing staff.

Feb 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

So far my experience with Dr. McLucas and his staff has been great. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. Everyone is easy to talk to open to address any questions or concerns I had.

Jan 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McLucas is very thorough and knowledgeable. He is able to provide you with warm and thoughtful care, and quickly returns all phone calls. His staff is conscientious, courteous, and well-organized. They even give you reminder and follow up calls.

Jan 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My visit with Dr. Mclucas was very pleasant. His ability to explain the Uterine Artery Embolization process in a very simple manner was enlighten to me. He each and every one of my questions.

Jan 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a well-cared for patient of Bruce McLucas, M.D., for twenty (20) years.

Jan 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I like the availability of information, video, seminar etc because they give me more insight on my condition and the procedures that are available to address my issue.

Jan 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Not only was I pleased with how the appointment went, but also I was pleasantly surprised when Dr. McLucas took time to speak to me when I called for an initial appointment.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
AAA service show details AAA service
Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. McLucas and his staff gave me the most wonderful experience I have ever had in a doctors office from making the appointment to actually walking out of his office on Friday.His staff worked with me even when i failed to show to my first 2 appts. I was given an appt. the same week. They had me weighed and waiting in an exam room in 10 minutes.Dr. McLucas came and talked with me, asked questions about my condition and provided me with more information than i had received from all the other doctors I have seen about my fibroids. I recommend Dr. McLucas because he is solution oriented, prestigious, capable, and forthcoming about options and solutions.

Feedback show details Feedback
Jan 11th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. McLucas and his staff for Fibro consideration. The staff was kind and courteous to me. Dr. McLucas really made me feel better about my Fibros siuation.

Experienced and Exceptionally Competent show details Experienced and Exceptionally Competent
Oct 17th, 2010

Dr. McLucas is very intelligent, knowledgeable, and skilled. I trust him to solve serious medical problems because he has the tenacity and background to do so. He demands excellence from himself and those around him which may be off-putting for some but should be the exact quality of care someone who needs specialized care should want above all. Dr. McLucas is driven and detail-oriented which benefits patient care.

Artery Embolization Success!! show details Artery Embolization Success!!
by Mia Willson on Oct 10th, 2010

The fibroid in my body was causing all kinds of symptoms. When it was finally diagnosed I found DR. McLucas and went to him because he was clearly the best in the field. I was able to speak with him right away and he got me in to see him within 2 days. After much thought and research I decided to go ahead with the procedure. I was definitely nervous, but Dr. McLucas was very reassuring and throughout the entire process has been so kind and generous with me. I rarely see that in doctors. I love my primary doctor and I love Dr. McLucas. I'm not a number, I'm a person and they remember details of my personal life, which is so important. The procedure went fantastic, my pain was controlled very well and Dr. McLucas' staff called me every day for a couple weeks to make sure all was well. It was the best service available. I feel so much better now. I have energy, my stomach is shrinking, I can sleep soundly now, and my recent MRI showed shrinkage of the fibroid and no blood flow to the fibroid. Huge success! I'd do it again! I'm very grateful to Dr. McLucas and hope his practice is able to reach more women with fibroid issues so that he can alleviate the problems associated with it. Quality of life is so important and this procedure will enhance that for women dealing with fibroids.

best ob/gyn show details best ob/gyn
by elca m foster on May 2nd, 2010

answers all questions, understands time constraints and will assist even with work schedules or hr requirements. staff are professional, quiet in manners and work area is pure and clean. quiet area. will keep him for life

The fibroid pain is GONE! show details The fibroid pain is GONE!
by Lee on Mar 11th, 2010

Dr. McLucas was wonderful, and, (though it's probably not important), I have no discernible scar. To be able to NOT have that pain is marvelous. I had no idea that this difficulty could be solved so easily.

by Aliza V. on Dec 23rd, 2009

This doctor is AMAZING!!!!!!! Thank you Dr. McLucas for saving me from MAJOR surgery, and a hystorectomy = )If you have fibroids, go see this guy!!

by Anonymous on Mar 16th, 2009

Dr. McLucas helped me avoid what 5 other doctors insisted I should have...a hystorectomy! He did uterine fibroid embolization on me, it was extremely successful and gave me my life back an kept me intact. He is very thorough and matter of fact, which I like. He has always made himself avail for questions & follow up.

First Rate! show details First Rate!
Sep 1st, 2008

I had been to several doctors who were unable to diagnose my problem. Dr. McLucas figured it out and literally saved by life. I would highly recommend him.