Dr. Bruce Miewald MD Patient Reviews

2.1

• Good
  • Bad

July 15th, 2016
I was admitted to Kootenai County Mental Hospital in 2012 when I was fifteen and he was my doctor. He was very argumentative and unpleasant throughout my stay there. He accused me of lying and argued with me several times. If I didn't give an articulate enough response to his questions he would get angry. He was the worst psychiatrist I ever had and I would never recommend him to anyone, especially children, he's abusive.

December 23rd, 2013
poor practice
I would not recommend anyone to bring their child to be treated by Dr. Miewald. I found him to be domineering and argumentative with myself and my 6-year-old daughter who suffers from anxiety and ADHD. Not only did he fail to get her medications in order while she was admitted, he wrote a script that lacked essential components such as quantity and even lacked his signature, so we couldn't fill it post discharge. His excuse was that it may have been a "computer glich", even though the script was handwritten. My daughter reports him accusing her of lying, and arguing with her over answers to his questions. She returned home fearful of him and asked me to never take her back to Dr. Miewald. Since then, she has received adequate treatment from a different providor and we have seen vast improvement. I would strongly advise you seek a different providor as well.

May 11th, 2010
He is very busy, had to wait sever a weeks till I could see Dr. Miewald. He seemed very helpful and knows his area.

October 19th, 2016