Dr. Bruce Millman DO Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Troy, MI

April 5th, 2016
Late, late, late
I have been a patient of Dr. Millman for two years. Nice guy and a good doctor but everytime I visit his office I have waited over an hour to see him. I would like to hand him a bill for my time. It has gotten to the point that I do not want to go to my appointments with him due to the knowledge I will loose several hours of my time for what should be a quick in and out appointment. Then he has the nerve to handout a new policy telling patients the fees they will need to pay for cancelling and/or missing an appointment. I understand things sometimes are out of our control. However, after seeing him 8-10 times and having to wait over an hour every single time! Well my guess is Dr. Millman need a self examination of himself and more respect for his patients time.

January 12th, 2016
Guy is a pompous JERK!

February 11th, 2013
I would NEVER recommend this doctor's office.
After being kept waiting in the lobby for an hour and a half, I was finally shown into an examining room, only to wait for another 20 minutes. Not once did anyone inform me that the doctor was running late (I had to inquire after 45 minutes of waiting) an I was never given the option of continuing to wait or reschedule the appointment. Not once did anyone apologize for my wait either. I was given one excuse after another for why the doctor was late. Now here it is a week later, and the sleep clinic still has not heard of me. The doctor was supposed to fax over the request for sleep study and he hasn't even signed off on it yet. So glad I'm being treated as a priority...NOT!!! Anyone have a referral for a new doctor? I'm looking.

March 29th, 2012
Poor follow up and no sense of urgency
Dr. Millman may be very smart but he does not follow up with patients, forgot to write the dosage amount for my prescription (which was seriously needed) and has no sense of urgency in diagnosing my condition - which may be very serious. Left me feeling pretty disillusioned with medical professionals in general... I know being a doctor is a job just like any other but when you are dealing with life and death I feel it should be a bit more personal.

July 28th, 2010
I would say Dr. Millman is pretty knowledeable, and a nice person. I do feel that he could use a little more cooth and patience when dealing with patients and their family. The wait time is excessive. Also, there are a few people behind the desk that could use a brush up on their people skills, and one in particular that is fairly new who really needs some more skill and experience. It is very frustrating talking to her when you call in. Dr. Millman is a nice person but I also feel that he does not spend enough time talking with the patients, and his bedside manner could use improvement as well. In the office or the hospital, his bedside manner is the same. I think he is more so impatient with the family, than he might be with a patient. He and his staff need to be a little more patient and accomodating to his elderly patients. Perhaps sometimes doctors take on such a large patient load and double book appts. that the staff is overwhelmed and understaffed, and the doctor has too many files going at once. Slowing down and spacing out appts might actually make things easier for everyone in the office, including a better experience for the patients. His office has many patients that are on oxygen, and I think he needs to accomodate them better with shorter wait periods, minimize the back and forth for the patient, and book appts. normally, not double and triple booked. Lets face it, patients need a Dr. and he is going to earn a living regardless, however, slowing things down a bit (even while expanding his practice) would prove to be a much more positive and productive experience for all concerned. One thing, with his new contact numbers and offices, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get a live person on the line. That is mostly frustrating considering that most of his patients are going to be elderly, and he now has an even more complicated and ridiculously dragged out voice prompt system that basically gets you no where but frustrated. Even as a method to slow the calls and minimize the staff's stress on the phones, this is NOT proving to be helpful to the patients or anyone calling for info or an appt. There is nothing that speaks more clearly of an office than the first impression you get when calling in the 1st time, and unfortunately, lately, you have to call repeatedly and you spend alot of time waiting and holding and going from one prompt to another without getting a person on the line. I do NOT think this is going to help matters at all. Overall, he is decent doctor, but like so many other doctors, medicine is what you practice, but people are who you work for. Without your patients, you have no practice. Sure there will always be people sick and in need, but I would rather go to a doctor with a good reputation and wait and be treated well and diagnosed properly, then one who doesn't have a good manner or reputation and be seen quickly for 5 mins and not understand what my illness is.