inactive

Bruce R Weiner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

August 26th, 2015
He has been my doctor since 1991. Has had an incredible amount of history with me, has always been very prompt, courteous, very knowledgeable and is one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Texas. It is now time for me to have my second knee replacement. So here's to call him tomorrow and making that appointment so I can get the ball rolling.

August 23rd, 2013
Terrible bed side manner. Sarcastic. Abrupt. Rude!
We went to see this doctor after a friend had a good experience with him. However our experience was awful. My son had a broken arm. All the doctor wanted to do was set it and come back later to see how it was. This was going to be done with nothing but a little novacaine in the arm. It was clear this was not the doctor for my son. My son was very nervous and in alot of pain. This doctor did not seem to care at all. He even told my son to keep breathing that hard and you will pass out and you won't feel a thing! Needless to say we left with nothing done and will never go back. All this after spending almost 2 and half hours in what appeared to just be a factory for the quack doc. Turns out my son needed surgery! Glad we didn't allow 'Dr Weiner' to operate

July 11th, 2013
Great Doctor
I went to Dr. Weiner after injuring my knee. He did x-rays and told me that he could repair the meniscus and that would solve the problem for a while, then I would be back in his office because of severe arthritis. He said we should do it right the first time and replace the entire knee. He told me some people have a lot of pain and some don't, it depends on the individuals thresh hold of pain. I had the surgery and the first day was in a great deal of pain but by the second day had almost no pain and had little or no pain since. Now I am getting ready to go back and have the other knee replaced. Dr. Weiner has a very dry sense of humor and tells you like it is. He doesn't mince words, get right to the point and tells you like it is. That is what I want in a doctor.

August 28th, 2012
Very rude and disrespectful
I visited Dr. Weiner for a malunion fracture after an MRI and X-ray he determined that all I needed was ibuprofen, he didn't even check if I had a good range of motion in my hand. After my follow up, he was rude and literally told me "see you when somethings actually wrong with you". He was of no help. If you have a problem go to a specialist.

January 24th, 2011
poor pain managment
I broke my ankle bad at work one day and was referred to Dr. Weiner. My first appointment was fast and surgery was set for the next day. I was told not to take any pain medication before surgery. The next day I waited nearly 2 hours before my surgery in pain with no nevermind to him. When I woke up after surgery I was in so much pain it felt like I broke it again, I was given no pain medication and was rushed out by the nurses, they stated it was closing time. Its been almost 2 weeks since my surgery and i'm still in pain. At my follow-up I was told to request a refill when I needed more medication I was denied. Now i'm in pain all the time and he doesn't seem to care, he told me today that i'm fine. All in all a very bad experience with this doctor, I would not recomend him at all.

August 22nd, 2010
Let Me Cause You Pain
Dr. Weiner gave me three cortisone injections into my knee. I left in worse pain than what I came in.