Surgical Specialist, Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  dr. robb was super  |  show details
by sandy c. on Dec 4th, 2014

I had struggled for years with crohn's symptoms before being referred to dr. Robb. After trying several medical treatments and several honest discussions of my options, we decided on a colectomy with an illeostomy. The surgery cured all my symptoms. I was really afraid of nodealing with the stoma, but after getting used to it is not a big deal . Dr. Robb gave me back the freedom to leave my house and live my life. He and his staff were fantastic to me. I'd recommend him to anyone.

|  either to busy or just does not care  |  show details
by dg on Aug 24th, 2014

He may be a goood surgeon , i dont know we never got that far. My son was reffered to him as a 28 year old with a reoccurance in the pelvis area.First meeting went good, he and his staff disagreed with the local findings and did not believe it was cancer and wanted to do their own test so we scheduled a biopsy with him and after it was done he did not call us back with the results as he said he would so after waiting another week and nothing we started calling his staff repeatedly until they finally called and said it was not cancer. great right. We then made a follow up appointment and when we got there after a three hour drive we sat and waited almost two hours in the office and he comes in and says they want to review the pathology reports again but nobody there to do it after a 3 1/2 hour drive. He says he will call me after they re read it. Another week goes by and no call so i called the hospital and had him paged and he seemed angery that i had had him paged. Now he has us come back to do a laser guided biopsy. We make the drive again and he does not even show up. He has another doctor do an ultrasound and tells us there is nothing there. No follow up call or explaination to this date. Now three months later we have another scan done locally and the growth is still there and has gotten bigger and now we have a new nodule in the lung. Bottom line is this man did not care about the health of my son and now we face a bigger problem because of it. I sincelry regrett having to do this review but if this is how he treats other patients people need to know

|  Good luck getting return of your phone call  |  show details
by Gabby on May 20th, 2014

Dr. Robb seems to be a nice enough physician, probably is competent as well. But his office practice leaves much to be desired. You may wait weeks to get a return phone call, but not really sure if you will get one at all as I am still waiting nearly three weeks even though I have called three times to inquire. Be prepared for rude staff. Be prepared for long waits. Be prepared for the doctor to take a wife phone call while you are discussing surgery plans for cancer. Added all up, be prepared to feel less than important and more than invisible. Bypass the ostomy team here, they are hurried and indifferent and not up to date as I later discovered. I am not usually a complainer and I have a slow fuse, but this treatment is beyond comprehension and really tragic. Does not seem like they care about working on this problem to correct it, never have heard a single regret or apology yet...but maybe someday will get a return call....I'm trying to be fair but I just do not understand this sort of blatant indifference and I have my own medical practice so should know a little something about this.

|  just dont knoww  |  show details
by d on Apr 24th, 2014

well his nuses you call to talk to dont seam to whant to listen to your complaint or concern its like they dont have time and they will even tell u ive got to go ive got other patients and they tell u that the things you say r happening cant be its not possible such as pain so bad u black out and they act like all u want is more drugs and it just makes u feel like your not wanted as a patient you feel like a piece of meat and they dont act like you really still have pain and dont want to deal with it they tell u they r there for u but when u call any of the residents or practictioners or his nurse your lucky to get called back expecially if you call a lot because you have a lot of issues,just makes you unconfortable about wether they really care or not they seem to have loost there compasion when i first started going they were great then some things went wrong in surgery causing me life long problems and now its like im a nusence to them when i call

|  Magician  |  show details
by nancy harnish on Jan 2nd, 2014

He did what I imagined was never going to be. He is my angel.

Feb 9th, 2013

Superior Surgeon, very gifted!!! Highly recommend!

|  I thought this doc was great  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

Doc was great,he explained what was happening, why he needed to operate, what to expect.Afterwards he had great followup.He is a teaching doc so it was awkward with the students the day after surgery. But with the other quality care, I can deal with that.

Aug 25th, 2011

It's very hard to rate this doctor because in many ways, he's very good. He spoke with me directly by phone rather than having a nurse or office staff handle the problem, but he was very careless in his listening and reporting. He got facts confused and lost reports that were critical to explaining my concerns. Maybe he didn't consider my problem serious enough to spend time on.

May 17th, 2011

Dr. Robb is a great surgeon, he has always been very caring and understanding in caring for my particular issues. I have not yet had my condition resolved but have complete confidence in Dr. Robb's ability.

Aug 14th, 2010

I found Dr. Robb to be a surgeon who went above and beyond all expectations, not only in his ability in surgery for colon cancer, but also in his willingness to provide caring and support in what ultimately became a very difficult recovery. Both my husband and I are emphatic in our belief that I would not have survived, had it not been for Dr. Robb.

Jan 26th, 2010

I know that doctors are really important people and have complicated schedules, but when my husband needed surgery he came to his room at 8:00pm to talk to him about his worries and gave him the time he needed to get ready for his surgery and when you are working with other patients who are scheduling surgeries around chemo trements you have to be understanding. His staff put up with my annoying phone calls every week until we were able to get everything ready for his surgery and I can not thank him or his staff enough for the work they have and will be doing for my husband. He cares about his patients to give them straight forward answers and tells them everything the can expect.

by donna on Dec 14th, 2009

Last year my husband was diagnosed with gall bladder cancer. Dr. Robb did surgery on him. That was in June. That was all that was required of Dr. Robb. But instead, in December when my husband was admitted to the hospital again due to deteriorating condition, Dr. Robb found us again. He made sure we knew EXACTLY what was going on. On my husband's birthday last year 3 Drs we'd never seen came in and told my husband he was going to die and needed to go to hospice!!! Dr. Robb came in about 10pm, at the end of a long day for him and HE explained what was going on and what we needed to do and why. As we left the hospital he gave us his home phone number. He worked hand in hand with the hospice nurse by consulting with her daily. He is the Dr YOU PRAY FOR! If you need a Dr who actually cares and is willing to go out of his way for you, THIS IS THE ONE! THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPASSION, Dr. Robb.Donna Schulte

|  Over Charges Big Time!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2009

Went for an office visit merely for a second opinion and charges were excessive. Did the same examine as two other rectal surgeons and charged six times more. Does examine in operating room so you are charged for the operating room plus his examine. He spent about 10 minutes with me; unbelievable and unfair what I was charged. Be Careful!

|  Waited 3 l/2 hrs to see Dr. Robb and received no direct answers  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2009

Dr. Robb's office was the most unorganized doctor's office I've ever been in, staff was not friendly, wait was unbelievable, I didn't have any opportunity to speak privately about my situation to the doctor, most of my visit was with a student asking questions I had already answered on their forms, and after a week I still have gotten no reply or answer to my question. I was very disappointed; Dr. Robb showed very little concern or interest in my problem and I felt he had a rather negative attitude. I was treated very rudely on the phone by his assistant. My office visit with Dr. Robb was not a good experience and after waiting 3 l/2 hrs to see him, I don't feel that I was given appropriate time. Patients deserve better!

Jul 28th, 2009

Can't seem to get it right

May 6th, 2009

Dr. Robb is a very caring, thoughtful doctor.

|  The Most caring Dr I've ever known.  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2009

Last June, 2008, Dr. Robb performed ileostomy surgery on my husband. Since that time, whenever I'd see Dr. Robb in the hospital he'd ask about my husband. In December my husband developed complications. On Dec. 17 3 Drs we'd never seen came in to ask my husband if he'd thought about hospice! We didn't know them. That evening after he'd finished his surgery, Dr. Robb came around to discuss options with us. He didn't tell us what to do, but he presented the options and gave his opinion of what he'd want his father or brother to do in the same situation. We left the hospital 3 days later, and Dr. Robb came in to check on my husband and talk to us EVERY night before we left. Once we got home we called Dr. Robb to give him a report on my husband's condition. He NEVER failed to call us back to discuss things with us. He spoke to the hospice nurses daily as needed. Last Saturday Jan. 10, I called Dr. Robb because my husband needed to get back to the hospital. It was very icy that day, so instead of going to IU we stayed at our local hospital. I called Dr Robb to let him know, and that sweet man was having the hospital hold a bed for my husband. Such caring and hands on patient care is unheard of these days. If you are blessed enough to have Dr. Bruce Robb as your Dr you are Blessed INDEED! Thank you so much Dr. Robb. The family of Edward Schulte.