inactive

Bruce W Robb MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Carmel, IN

December 1st, 2015
Diagnosis was fair as he knew but my condition is very rare having anal melanoma not to many DR are sure where to go next. Hard time to talk directly with staff have to always leave message.

November 6th, 2015
Office staff horrible
Dr. Robb removed my colon. I kept having rectal pain, to where I could stand, or sit without horrible pain. I called his office, and had to leave message after message. No return phone call from him or his office. I woke up a week after I arrived home, with a 105 degree fever. I called his office. The message on the machine said to only leave one message. Multiple messages were unnecessary. After trying 5 times I gave up. They dont seem to care about the patient. I talked to Dr. Robb personally about the lack of office staff to answer phones. He said he was going to hire more help. A couple of months later, I had another emergency (blockage), and once again no return phone call from his office. I found a great surgeon, that wound up having to remove my rectum. I wouldnt recommend Dr. Robb to my dog.

April 4th, 2015
Took my Dad to Dr Robb and the first appointment was good. Nurses were nice as was he. He told my Dad he probably didn't have cancer. He told us that he would get my Dad well. They had my Dad wait for two months before doing colon surgery. Dr Robb had my Dad to a biopsy. He told us he would call in about a week and a half. Never got a phone call back from him. We called him finally he called back after two or so days. He told us my Dad didn't have cancer. We were so happy we all cried tears of joy as my Dad did also. After a month my Dad had to have emergency surgery. After surgery Dr. Robb came in to talk to us. He told us my Dad had cancer. My Mom broke down crying and he didn't say much and left. My Dad came out with a colostomy bag which Dr Robb told us he would not need. He said my Dad would be able to have chemo but never got well enough. No follow ups or anything from him.

December 4th, 2014
dr. robb was super
I had struggled for years with crohn's symptoms before being referred to dr. Robb. After trying several medical treatments and several honest discussions of my options, we decided on a colectomy with an illeostomy. The surgery cured all my symptoms. I was really afraid of nodealing with the stoma, but after getting used to it is not a big deal . Dr. Robb gave me back the freedom to leave my house and live my life. He and his staff were fantastic to me. I'd recommend him to anyone.

May 20th, 2014
Good luck getting return of your phone call
Dr. Robb seems to be a nice enough physician, probably is competent as well. But his office practice leaves much to be desired. You may wait weeks to get a return phone call, but not really sure if you will get one at all as I am still waiting nearly three weeks even though I have called three times to inquire. Be prepared for rude staff. Be prepared for long waits. Be prepared for the doctor to take a wife phone call while you are discussing surgery plans for cancer. Added all up, be prepared to feel less than important and more than invisible. Bypass the ostomy team here, they are hurried and indifferent and not up to date as I later discovered. I am not usually a complainer and I have a slow fuse, but this treatment is beyond comprehension and really tragic. Does not seem like they care about working on this problem to correct it, never have heard a single regret or apology yet...but maybe someday will get a return call....I'm trying to be fair but I just do not understand this sort of blatant indifference and I have my own medical practice so should know a little something about this.

August 25th, 2011
It's very hard to rate this doctor because in many ways, he's very good. He spoke with me directly by phone rather than having a nurse or office staff handle the problem, but he was very careless in his listening and reporting. He got facts confused and lost reports that were critical to explaining my concerns. Maybe he didn't consider my problem serious enough to spend time on.

May 17th, 2011
Dr. Robb is a great surgeon, he has always been very caring and understanding in caring for my particular issues. I have not yet had my condition resolved but have complete confidence in Dr. Robb's ability.

August 21st, 2009
Waited 3 l/2 hrs to see Dr. Robb and received no direct answers
Dr. Robb's office was the most unorganized doctor's office I've ever been in, staff was not friendly, wait was unbelievable, I didn't have any opportunity to speak privately about my situation to the doctor, most of my visit was with a student asking questions I had already answered on their forms, and after a week I still have gotten no reply or answer to my question. I was very disappointed; Dr. Robb showed very little concern or interest in my problem and I felt he had a rather negative attitude. I was treated very rudely on the phone by his assistant. My office visit with Dr. Robb was not a good experience and after waiting 3 l/2 hrs to see him, I don't feel that I was given appropriate time. Patients deserve better!

July 28th, 2009
Can't seem to get it right