inactive

• General Surgery Indianapolis, IN

• Good
  • Bad

December 1st, 2015
Diagnosis was fair as he knew but my condition is very rare having anal melanoma not to many DR are sure where to go next. Hard time to talk directly with staff have to always leave message.

November 7th, 2015
Office staff horrible
Dr. Robb removed my colon. I kept having rectal pain, to where I could stand, or sit without horrible pain. I called his office, and had to leave message after message. No return phone call from him or his office. I woke up a week after I arrived home, with a 105 degree fever. I called his office. The message on the machine said to only leave one message. Multiple messages were unnecessary. After trying 5 times I gave up. They dont seem to care about the patient. I talked to Dr. Robb personally about the lack of office staff to answer phones. He said he was going to hire more help. A couple of months later, I had another emergency (blockage), and once again no return phone call from his office. I found a great surgeon, that wound up having to remove my rectum. I wouldnt recommend Dr. Robb to my dog.

April 4th, 2015
Took my Dad to Dr Robb and the first appointment was good. Nurses were nice as was he. He told my Dad he probably didn't have cancer. He told us that he would get my Dad well. They had my Dad wait for two months before doing colon surgery. Dr Robb had my Dad to a biopsy. He told us he would call in about a week and a half. Never got a phone call back from him. We called him finally he called back after two or so days. He told us my Dad didn't have cancer. We were so happy we all cried tears of joy as my Dad did also. After a month my Dad had to have emergency surgery. After surgery Dr. Robb came in to talk to us. He told us my Dad had cancer. My Mom broke down crying and he didn't say much and left. My Dad came out with a colostomy bag which Dr Robb told us he would not need. He said my Dad would be able to have chemo but never got well enough. No follow ups or anything from him.

April 3rd, 2015
LOVE HIM!!
I had been given a diagnosis and was so frightened by the time I seen Dr. Robb, I was unsure of everything. But this man came in, gave me the news of a lifetime and completely put me at ease. I would highly recommend him to anybody who needs advice on any colon/rectal related issue. He is WONDERFUL and I absolutely love him!!

December 4th, 2014
dr. robb was super
I had struggled for years with crohn's symptoms before being referred to dr. Robb. After trying several medical treatments and several honest discussions of my options, we decided on a colectomy with an illeostomy. The surgery cured all my symptoms. I was really afraid of nodealing with the stoma, but after getting used to it is not a big deal . Dr. Robb gave me back the freedom to leave my house and live my life. He and his staff were fantastic to me. I'd recommend him to anyone.

August 25th, 2014
either to busy or just does not care
He may be a goood surgeon , i dont know we never got that far. My son was reffered to him as a 28 year old with a reoccurance in the pelvis area.First meeting went good, he and his staff disagreed with the local findings and did not believe it was cancer and wanted to do their own test so we scheduled a biopsy with him and after it was done he did not call us back with the results as he said he would so after waiting another week and nothing we started calling his staff repeatedly until they finally called and said it was not cancer. great right. We then made a follow up appointment and when we got there after a three hour drive we sat and waited almost two hours in the office and he comes in and says they want to review the pathology reports again but nobody there to do it after a 3 1/2 hour drive. He says he will call me after they re read it. Another week goes by and no call so i called the hospital and had him paged and he seemed angery that i had had him paged. Now he has us come back to do a laser guided biopsy. We make the drive again and he does not even show up. He has another doctor do an ultrasound and tells us there is nothing there. No follow up call or explaination to this date. Now three months later we have another scan done locally and the growth is still there and has gotten bigger and now we have a new nodule in the lung. Bottom line is this man did not care about the health of my son and now we face a bigger problem because of it. I sincelry regrett having to do this review but if this is how he treats other patients people need to know

May 20th, 2014
Good luck getting return of your phone call
Dr. Robb seems to be a nice enough physician, probably is competent as well. But his office practice leaves much to be desired. You may wait weeks to get a return phone call, but not really sure if you will get one at all as I am still waiting nearly three weeks even though I have called three times to inquire. Be prepared for rude staff. Be prepared for long waits. Be prepared for the doctor to take a wife phone call while you are discussing surgery plans for cancer. Added all up, be prepared to feel less than important and more than invisible. Bypass the ostomy team here, they are hurried and indifferent and not up to date as I later discovered. I am not usually a complainer and I have a slow fuse, but this treatment is beyond comprehension and really tragic. Does not seem like they care about working on this problem to correct it, never have heard a single regret or apology yet...but maybe someday will get a return call....I'm trying to be fair but I just do not understand this sort of blatant indifference and I have my own medical practice so should know a little something about this.

April 24th, 2014
just dont knoww
well his nuses you call to talk to dont seam to whant to listen to your complaint or concern its like they dont have time and they will even tell u ive got to go ive got other patients and they tell u that the things you say r happening cant be its not possible such as pain so bad u black out and they act like all u want is more drugs and it just makes u feel like your not wanted as a patient you feel like a piece of meat and they dont act like you really still have pain and dont want to deal with it they tell u they r there for u but when u call any of the residents or practictioners or his nurse your lucky to get called back expecially if you call a lot because you have a lot of issues,just makes you unconfortable about wether they really care or not they seem to have loost there compasion when i first started going they were great then some things went wrong in surgery causing me life long problems and now its like im a nusence to them when i call

January 2nd, 2014
Magician
He did what I imagined was never going to be. He is my angel.

February 9th, 2013
Superior Surgeon, very gifted!!! Highly recommend!

November 12th, 2012
I thought this doc was great
Doc was great,he explained what was happening, why he needed to operate, what to expect.Afterwards he had great followup.He is a teaching doc so it was awkward with the students the day after surgery. But with the other quality care, I can deal with that.

August 25th, 2011
It's very hard to rate this doctor because in many ways, he's very good. He spoke with me directly by phone rather than having a nurse or office staff handle the problem, but he was very careless in his listening and reporting. He got facts confused and lost reports that were critical to explaining my concerns. Maybe he didn't consider my problem serious enough to spend time on.