Surgeons
Shrewsbury
160 Avenue at the Commons
Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
732-460-1522
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by Charles K. on Nov 26th, 2013

am 64 years old and was operated on by Doctors B. Rosenblum and K. Rinkus. They removed two failed discs & bone spurs from my neck vertebrae, installed two cadaver bone discs and fused them together with 6 titanium screws and a plate. The operation took 5 hours without incident and subsequent observations of my neck wound from the operation and x-rays of my new fused discs confirm a successful procedure. Also, recovery has also progressed exceedingly better than I expected. Like most people I was afraid of this medical procedure because I was fearful of becoming paralyzed, not ever waking up and the long road to recovery. I went ahead to have this procedure for the following reasons: My medical condition continued to degenerate as the pain continued to spread, I wanted to take corrective action before irreversible damage occurred, the odds of paralysis were only 1 in 3 million and fortunately for me my medical condition was treatable with a permanent fix.

|  DISABLEDDISABLED  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2012

Had cervical fusion with this Dr. 2008. He chose to do only two of the disks. Six months later after MRI he said: We need to do the disk right below. I was so scared and didn't trust him anymore. Tried every therapy and all injections post surgery and nothing helped. Nov. 2011 went to a Dr. in NYC and did MRI. He compared it to the one after the surgery and he said: Between the two MRI's there is no change, and was wondering why Dr. Rosenblum didn't fix the third disk while he was in there, but wanted to open me up six months later.Please be careful always get 2nd opinion before!!I visited this Dr. in NYC twice never charged me not one dollar, thank God we have some Drs. that still care. He is out of my network with my insurance, and will be having surgery by him when my new insurance takes effect in December!! I can't stand more than 15 minutes and can't sit long period of time. I had to go on permanent dissability and start taking antidepressants to function!!! Very sad that some of our Drs. see us as GREEN $$$ BILLS!!!!

|  Dissatisfied and discusted  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

Over two hours in the waiting room and over an hour for him to come in to the room after I was braught in. Only to find out that he couldn't do the type of surgery I needed he had my reports before hand so he knew what needed to be done waisted mine and my husbands time. Now I have to wait to see another doctor.. He wrote out a script to see this doctor this week and when I called that doctor he is booked for the week. I wouldn't recomend this doctor to anyone.

|  Best Doctor I've been too  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

I would recomed Dr. Rosenblum To anyone and have. I've been with the doctor for year's and he's put in a dorsel column Stimulator in my spin and it work wonders for me. Yes there is times that Dr. Rosenblum's office and the wait has been long but for me knowing him for so long the wait is truly worth it.

|  The best neurosurgeon!!!!!!  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

In 2006, I experienced lower back and leg pain for the first time in my life.I went to my primary dr, had an MRI and was diagnosed with a herniated discs.I tried everything, physical therapy, chiropractor, and pain management. I was finally told that I needed surgery, someone recommended Dr Rosenblum.He was amazing, I saw him on a Monday and he operated on me a few days later.I woke up from the surgery with no pain! I was amazed, I had suffered for about 6 mo this with severe pain and could barely walk. His office staff was great also, they were very friendly. Four years later, I hurt my back again in a different area, he also operated on me again. This man has saved my life twice. You hear so many horror stories about back surgery, not with this doctor, he is one of a kind.

|  Oblivious  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2011

I went for a To Rosenblum for a second opinion ,in the waiting room for over 2 hours staff said i could go to lunch and come back! ,I went against my Philadelphia's doctor advice . I spoke with Rosenblum I thought we were on the same page apparently not , I was having spasms in my pelvic ,zero back pain ! He decided to do a L5-S1 discectomy . I respected his advise at the time . I was rushed asap into surgery no recourse . He did the procedure never consulted my family in the waiting area before of after the operation .Afterwards I went to physical therapy for several months. I notice a lot of pain which I never had prior to his expedient surgical procedure , Later I found out the x-rays were exactly the same or worse before and after surgery a pinched S1 nerve and it wasn't a discectomy as he stated it was a laminectomy! Now I can't lift weight as i used to . I have a lot of numbness down both legs and erectile issues . I think all those that praise this doctor are either related or work for him !

|  BEST DOCTOR! SAVED MY LIFE!  |  show details
Jan 3rd, 2011

I am 28yrs old. Housewife & mother of 2. When i was 18 i broke my neck is 3 spots. the hospital sent me home, saying it was whiplash. the next day i was back where they called Rosenblum. He took me under his wing & placed me in a Halo. I was 1 short of being paralyzed from the neck down. He saved my life. Over the yrs, from lifting my kids i started to strain my neck. after a series of failed injections, he recommended a cervical fusion. I went in with pain, numbness & pain everytime i lifted my kids. I woke up out of surgery with NO pain. that was 6 years ago. He also helped prolong the life of my ill sis for over a yr who was diagnosed with cancer that lead to her brain. she has since passed. Dr. Rosenblum is amazing. He gets right to the point & gets things done. I tell everyone about him.

|  He helped where others could not  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2011

I had back pain and sciatica in both legs for > 2 yrs. I saw about 6 different DRs before visiting w/Dr Rosenblum. One of the other DRs I saw was ready to operate. He perscribed a series Saline Injections (over the course of a week). He did not recommend surgery. This was over 15 years ago. He gave me my life back...

|  excellent surgeon and diagnostician  |  show details
by retired RNCCRN on Jun 23rd, 2010

i would recomend and have recomended Dr Rosenbloom to anyone with spinal problems he is an excellent surgeon and diagnostician especially with challenging problems - he exhausted all medical options before doing the surgery and since this was also repairing and reMoving scar tissue and nerve compressions I was able to go to therapy and regain my ability to walk as far as being compassionate and caring he does his job, is there for any problems and keeps aware of your progress if you are looking for competency and excellence then he is the dr to see hes not there to hold your hand

|  show details
Feb 12th, 2010

My husband went into surgery with Dr. Rosenblum with full body function. He came out without use of either of his hands. We later learned not from Rosenblum that my husband had a stroke on the operation table. Rosenblum did not tell us this. My husband is able to use his hands with limited use of the left hand. He has severe tremors in the left hand and starting to develop in the right. We are now headed to Johns Hopkins Neurology Surgery Dept. for another operation which it is hoped with stop the progession. I cannot believe we were treated so poorly by this man.

|  show details
Mar 3rd, 2009

First office visit was in the afternoon, 3pm, there was an 1.5 hr wait, I had to reschedule. I went back in the morning and had zero wait. The Dr. was extremely friendly and honest. Highly recommended

|  One of the best Dr's in NJ  |  show details
by Maria on Oct 16th, 2008

Dr Rosenbloom is the best and his staff is professional and friendly. Dr Rosenbloom cares about his patients and goes the extra mile to make sure you understand what he is saying to you. I would not go to another neuro surgeon.

|  Worst Doc in NJ  |  show details
by Dissatisfied Patient on Jul 31st, 2008

I had 2 surgeries with this charlatan. Laminectomy and discectomy at L4/5, and L5/6, as well as at C5/6 and C6/7. Neither fixed my extreme pain issues. After 3 years of suffering through waiting times of up to 2 1/2 hours in the office (laying on the floor because it was too painful to sit) to see him for follow-up visits I elected to go to The Hospital for Special Surgeries in Manhattan and have since had yet another surgery which has had simply marvelous results. Rosenblum is a complete bonehead and should have his license revoked. And the pain management group he works with (Metzger and Staats) are just as bad. This group of Doctors is nothing but a money-hungry batch of pirates. DO NOT USE THESE GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend going to Manhattan to see Dr. Frank Camissa at The Hospital for Special Surgeries. The trip can be a chore but it's well worth it when you compare the failed treatment you'll receive from Dr. RosenQuack.

|  The best  |  show details
by John Kurdes on Jul 30th, 2008

I had cervical fusion to my c5 c6 and c6 c7. It has been 3 years and I still feel amazing he is the best....

|  annonymous  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2008

Dr. Rosenblum gave me back my life, I can now walk without any pain.