Dr. Bruce Rowe MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 15th, 2017
Disturbingly Dirty Makes Major Medical Mistakes
I was Dr. Rowe's patient for 8 years. I liked him at first but his care slowly got worse until I left. He truely is not a good Doctor. His nurses are absolutely useless. The nurses are the type that if you need something approved by your insurance or if they have to call a pharmacy it just won't get done. Anything out of the ordinary for the nurses and it will be a nightmare for you. I witnessed him take on more and more patients. He runs from appointment to appointment. He remembers absolutely nothing about you besides your name. I felt like I was my own Dr. guiding him on what to do. I found out after I left that he didn't even know about a common medication that could have really helped me. He sent me for tests that when I left my new Dr told me you just don't do that in this case. The mistakes could have had dire consequences but thankfully no. I would have to remind him to follow up on major medical issues I had going on. This is the kicker. None of the Doctors at Columbia St. Mary's wash their hands. Dr. Rowe isn't a standout with that even thou he never washed his hands in 8 years, not even sanitizer. I ended up leaving when I was having my annual physical exam. First, he forgot to do my prostate exam and I had to remind him. I kid you not he slipped that finger rubber on, lubed it up, inserted it into my rectum, carefully grabbed the edge of it with his other hand, slipped it off, DID NOT WASH HIS HANDS OR EVEN USE SANITIZER, AND LEFT AND WALKED IN TO SEE ANOTHER PATIENT! You can hear him walk in to another exam room and say hi and close the door. Just absolutely disgusting. I reported him to the clinic manager and left there forever. It was a great move. I really feel bad for the patients who aren't as active in their care and don't research their issues. This guy has to be getting people sick with his habits and his treatments. I saw him a couple times late in the day and he would have bloodshot eyes and just look out of it. Seriously folks I would never write this about someone unless they deserved it. These Doctors rake in the money they should be giving out top quality care in every aspect of their practice. What I've really learned is at any of these medical organizations you have some good Doctors and some bad. I'm still at St. Mary's just not at this Doctors clinic. My new Doctor is really great after seeing him for a while my opinion of Rowe was even lowered. Good luck!

July 22nd, 2015
Don't see him if you want a Doc that cares
The guy showed no care about me. I was rushed, and he treated me like I was a problem he didn't want to deal with. Lousy bedside manner. I NEVER felt worse leaving a doctor's office then when I came in, until I met this guy. Heartless.

April 29th, 2015
Dr Rowe is great. I've never felt rushed during an appointment and he listens, really listens.

August 1st, 2016