Dr. Bruce Ruben MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 5th, 2016
I went to see Dr Ruben and I actually enjoyed going to his office, the staff could not have been more friendly. The wait time was small, I would recommend this Doctor.

February 4th, 2016
I Nicknamed him the wizard
I Nicknamed him the wizard. He was the only one that wanted to help me. After seeing 4 Doctors that did not know how to help me. I found Dr. Wizard on you tube and e-mailed him. Not only did he e-mail me back but he also tried to help. Not only did we find out some answer that I did have before but He was also able to send me to a bone Doctor. Dr. Wizard was very nice and kind as he helped me throught some anxiety I was having and helped us to understand what he thought was wrong.

December 19th, 2015
Wound Healing
Dr. Ruben looked at my wound, explained what was going on and answered my concerns. His office help treated me like I was the most important person in his office. Would recommend him. He and his office are truly 5 STAR *****....

December 4th, 2015
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Ruben's medical expertise and true compassion for patients. The practice of medicine is often stated as being both a science and an art and Dr. Ruben skillfully practices both.

November 13th, 2015
I have been to many doctors in my life. Most of them were sound. Only one of them was a healer, Doctor Ruben. His heartfelt concern for his patients is amazing.

October 23rd, 2015
Amazing Doctor and Clinic
Dr. Ruben and the whole staff at Encompass HealthCare were fantastic! I've never been treated better anywhere and Dr. Ruben healed my wound and cleared up my infection. I came in with a knee infection that turned into a deep, nasty wound. Dr. Ruben talked to me for almost an hour, explaining what was going on and how he felt confident he could fix it. Well, he did and each day that I was there I got better and better. His whole staff is friendly, offering me coffee, snacks...I felt like I was in a country club! This doctor's office has it all, most importantly, the best doctor!

August 7th, 2015
Here's Why We Use IV Antibiotics
I just saw the comment about taking caution anytime an infectious disease doctor prescribes I.V. meds -- that they may be somehow benefitting by prescribing these meds. Of course they are benefitting. Most importantly, they're benefitting by gaining the upper hand on the infection! I.V. infusion is a fast and safe way to get higher concentrations of antibiotics in and working immediately, as opposed to oral meds, which have to be broken down in the digestive tract. Some infections are very dangerous and can spread like wildfire throughout the body. We've had patients come to us showing the first signs of sepsis and because of our speed, expertise and in-office pharmacy, we were able to get lifesaving medicine in their systems in seconds to thwart possible disasters on the spot. These medical specialties, infectious disease and wound care, are full of life and death urgencies and we have a tremendous amount to gain by using IV antibiotics. To suggest that we would, in some nefarious way, be benefitting from prescribing IV antibiotics is ludicrous. The big issues regarding administering IV meds are antibiotic resistance and the high costs of some of these medications. For example, there are medicines we could infuse to treat and often cure patients. But because of the financial burden it would place on the patient, we're forced to utilize less-efficient therapies. That's just the nature of the beast. I know there is a percentage of patients who are naturally cynical about doctors -- that it's all about the money with them. To these cynics, I say this: those doctors have paid and continue to pay a very high price to fight infections, heal wounds, deliver babies and treat cancer. Aside from missing out on over 10-15 years or more of their lives spent studying to become physicians, they're not the most available people to their families, friends and relatives. And no matter now many vacations they take, and some do take many vacations, they can never get away from the humongous responsibilities and stresses inherent in their lines of work. And not all doctors are the money machines people imagine. Generally, they are well-compensated, as they should be considering their talents and sacrifices. Are there bad doctors? Of course there are. Just like there are bad (insert plurals of any profession). But there is something you and every patient should do to insulate yourself from bad doctors and that's to be an aware, responsible patient. That means asking questions, advocating for yourself or a loved one and otherwise holding your doctor accountable for resolving your health issue. Assuming you're making all your appointments on time, complying with your treatment plan and paying your bills, you deserve nothing less than the finest care, complete honesty, transparency and commitment.

June 16th, 2015
Dr Ruben is a nice man, but please take caution when you see any infectious disease doctor who stands to benefit by your receiving IV antibiotics.... see what treatment is needed for you.

January 21st, 2015
A Very Caring Doc
Dr. Bruce Ruben cares so much about each patient and it shows. He's just terrific!

June 16th, 2014
A caring doctor
He sat down, looked me in the eyes, and told me to take all the time I need. After 10 days of IVs he told me he wanted me to see a Chinese acupuncturist as they attempt to get to the root of the problem. He was right. The Chinese doctor, Shan Kong, is caring and excellent.

May 27th, 2014
Outstanding Doctor!! So Glad I Found Dr. Ruben!
My friend referred me to Dr. Ruben and I'm glad he did. I immediately felt relieved the minute I walked in. The office is spacious, friendly, and Dr. Ruben really explained everything very thoroughly to me and my wife. I had a open, gaping wound that he was able to heal and he treated my infection, too. I'm so grateful for finding Dr. Ruben and Encompass HealthCare. They really treat you like family. They even made me lunch. I'm glad I'm healed, but I'll miss Julia's grilled cheeses.

May 1st, 2014
Dr. Ruben heals the body and the mind.
Dr. Ruben understands, articulates and answers the patients questions in a manner beyond expectations. The resulting trust is important in a long-term care situation. He has performed in an exemplary manner with very positive results. His medical and support staff are without equal.