Dr. Bruce Russell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 4th, 2016
TURNS AWAY A SICK CHILD, SAID TOO BUSY, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE
Children do not get sick when it is convenient for their parents or physicians. On that note, while on our holiday weekend, my daughter had a 102 fever, went to Dr. Russell's office. She saw how sick my child looked and said, sorry, we don't have room, and that there were two walk-in medical centers on Padre Island. NICE!!!! Who does that? So, the only way you get service is by having an appointment? Next time I'll plan my families illness. What happened to Doctors staying a little later or planning for ill patients.

August 25th, 2016
Wow!. Glad I didn't read these reviews prior to our first visit with Dr. Russell. Now I can have my own opinion. Must have been an imposter at his office when the other folks went. Dr. Russell, his assistant, his wife, his lab have always been courteous and helpful when my family members have gone. His front desk receptionist has never been rude with us, however, I have noticed that she takes care of personal business and/or phone business, other duties while someone is standing there with no offer of acknowledgement. We find Dr. Russell to be patient and knowledgeable in many areas.

June 30th, 2016
Not very friendly staff. According to them seldomly take walk ins. Then why advertise new patients welcome. If when someone walks in to be seen they are turned away and sent else where and told by the clerk that Dr has been seeing patients that are back to back and still has two more patients to go. Especially, when a parent is taking in a sick child, and it's not even 5pm. No compassionate what so ever!

March 4th, 2016
Laptop Doctor
I went in for a physical and set of blood labs; I was seen by his wife who is a NP, and they both consult their laptops for everything. neither will g ...

June 30th, 2015
DO NOT GO TO THIS Dr. My step son was stung by a stingray while we were on vacation. The only Dr. On the island so he had to go here. They treated his sting with 3 warm iodine baths and let him go. They did not prescribe any antibiotics to him. After returning home my step son was experiencing pain and fever in the effected leg. Took him to an ER in our hometown, he is now admitted into the hospital on IV antibiotics. You would think being a Dr in a beach town you would know how to treat injuries like the one my step son sustained. Needless to say, we will never ever go here if need be!!!

June 10th, 2015
Should have read reveiws
I should have read reviews before going to this office. Go elsewhere as everything negative is true. It is unfortunate that the dr doesn't fix this issue. I guess when you are the only game in town, you don't have too. I wouldn't be that way. Too bad.

March 11th, 2015
The receptionist is extremely rude and very unhelpful. This doctor office requires a visit every 3-6 months for a thyroid prescription which I have taken for 40 years, (thyroid removed) This is a $4 script, Crazy. I feel they are only out for the money. Do not recommend this office.

January 19th, 2015
Getting A New Doctor
Staff is as dumb as a box of rocks. If you are lucky enough to get an appointment, you will be lucky enough to wait an hour, only to go to the examination room to wait some more. Then, he'll look at his computer the whole time.

December 23rd, 2014
Lucky to Have Him
I recently moved to Port Aransas with my husband. Both of us have some fairly serious medical issues (Strokes, chronic fatigue etc). Dr. Russell has been so great to us. I can talk to him and he always is interested in helping in any way he can. On an island of over 3500 people and with people all over the surrounding area and country it is sometimes difficult to get in, but coming from a big city where the best doctors are the hardest to get in to. Beware of a doctor that you can pop in an see quickly! I've read the comments on here and I can honestly say that the staff here cares so much about helping people and yes, it is a business so they do expect to be paid. I don't go to the restaurant and expect that I can pay it out or pay at my convenience. Healthcare is expensive but that is the world we live in. I am so grateful to have such a great doctor right here in my backyard. I've had to travel hours to get the service I get here!

November 28th, 2014
Bad Staff--Really Bad Staff
I will be going to another physician, as the Staff is incompetent, rude, lacking in every medical office standard. Girl at front desk was more worried about her trip to Costa Rica than my ailing wife. The loss of records, inability to relate messages to the Doc Russell and Referred Physicians is unacceptable. The problem is probably severe hangovers--and the staff's work product shows. My Recommendation--go somewhere else until they clean up house and staff.

August 11th, 2014
I was Dr Russell patient for over 10 years. Was really sick with diabetes problem and his front office refused to let me see him without money up front which I didn't have asked them to wait 1 week. Which he has done before and I've always paid him. The front office is rude money hungry. They have taken blood for my husband and never called back with results. Just want him to come in and pay fir another office visit. Won't go back or ever recommend him to anyone.

June 12th, 2014
don't say you have Medicade
This is one of the leading P.A.N.D.A. doctors ( Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders associated with Strep) and I live about 30 minutes away how lucky for me since I have a son that has been like a wild animal for the last almost 3 years the girl who answered the phone was ready to take my sons name and then asked what kind of insurance when "Medicaid" came out of my mouth all of a sudden the Doctor isn't seeing new patients- aint that a crock of crap? I said ok he has no insurance and we are private pay I just really need my son to be seen, at the very least rule out the disease since he is an "Expert" in the disease. (pandas is also associated with autism) So the beat goes on, I can just keep watching my son completely deteriorate until I can convince a doctor that he is not the same person he use to be before the infection started growing in his neck----God Knows .....