Dr. Bruce Russell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Russell?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Russell?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 31st, 2017

Better off looking online for medical help

Staff stinks. Doctor never lifts his nose from his computer. Oh yeah, they want their money before you sit down to wait for over an hour.

September 4th, 2016

TURNS AWAY A SICK CHILD, SAID TOO BUSY, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

Children do not get sick when it is convenient for their parents or physicians. On that note, while on our holiday weekend, my daughter had a 102 fever, went to Dr. Russell's office. She saw how sick my child looked and said, sorry, we don't have room, and that there were two walk-in medical centers on Padre Island. NICE!!!! Who does that? So, the only way you get service is by having an appointment? Next time I'll plan my families illness. What happened to Doctors staying a little later or planning for ill patients.

August 25th, 2016

Wow!. Glad I didn't read these reviews prior to our first visit with Dr. Russell. Now I can have my own opinion. Must have been an imposter at his office when the other folks went. Dr. Russell, his assistant, his wife, his lab have always been courteous and helpful when my family members have gone. His front desk receptionist has never been rude with us, however, I have noticed that she takes care of personal business and/or phone business, other duties while someone is standing there with no offer of acknowledgement. We find Dr. Russell to be patient and knowledgeable in many areas.

July 1st, 2016

Not very friendly staff. According to them seldomly take walk ins. Then why advertise new patients welcome. If when someone walks in to be seen they are turned away and sent else where and told by the clerk that Dr has been seeing patients that are back to back and still has two more patients to go. Especially, when a parent is taking in a sick child, and it's not even 5pm. No compassionate what so ever!

March 4th, 2016

Laptop Doctor

I went in for a physical and set of blood labs; I was seen by his wife who is a NP, and they both consult their laptops for everything. neither will g ...

June 30th, 2015

DO NOT GO TO THIS Dr. My step son was stung by a stingray while we were on vacation. The only Dr. On the island so he had to go here. They treated his sting with 3 warm iodine baths and let him go. They did not prescribe any antibiotics to him. After returning home my step son was experiencing pain and fever in the effected leg. Took him to an ER in our hometown, he is now admitted into the hospital on IV antibiotics. You would think being a Dr in a beach town you would know how to treat injuries like the one my step son sustained. Needless to say, we will never ever go here if need be!!!

June 10th, 2015

Should have read reveiws

I should have read reviews before going to this office. Go elsewhere as everything negative is true. It is unfortunate that the dr doesn't fix this issue. I guess when you are the only game in town, you don't have too. I wouldn't be that way. Too bad.

March 11th, 2015

The receptionist is extremely rude and very unhelpful. This doctor office requires a visit every 3-6 months for a thyroid prescription which I have taken for 40 years, (thyroid removed) This is a $4 script, Crazy. I feel they are only out for the money. Do not recommend this office.

January 19th, 2015

Getting A New Doctor

Staff is as dumb as a box of rocks. If you are lucky enough to get an appointment, you will be lucky enough to wait an hour, only to go to the examination room to wait some more. Then, he'll look at his computer the whole time.

December 23rd, 2014

Lucky to Have Him

I recently moved to Port Aransas with my husband. Both of us have some fairly serious medical issues (Strokes, chronic fatigue etc). Dr. Russell has been so great to us. I can talk to him and he always is interested in helping in any way he can. On an island of over 3500 people and with people all over the surrounding area and country it is sometimes difficult to get in, but coming from a big city where the best doctors are the hardest to get in to. Beware of a doctor that you can pop in an see quickly! I've read the comments on here and I can honestly say that the staff here cares so much about helping people and yes, it is a business so they do expect to be paid. I don't go to the restaurant and expect that I can pay it out or pay at my convenience. Healthcare is expensive but that is the world we live in. I am so grateful to have such a great doctor right here in my backyard. I've had to travel hours to get the service I get here!

November 28th, 2014

Bad Staff--Really Bad Staff

I will be going to another physician, as the Staff is incompetent, rude, lacking in every medical office standard. Girl at front desk was more worried about her trip to Costa Rica than my ailing wife. The loss of records, inability to relate messages to the Doc Russell and Referred Physicians is unacceptable. The problem is probably severe hangovers--and the staff's work product shows. My Recommendation--go somewhere else until they clean up house and staff.

August 11th, 2014

I was Dr Russell patient for over 10 years. Was really sick with diabetes problem and his front office refused to let me see him without money up front which I didn't have asked them to wait 1 week. Which he has done before and I've always paid him. The front office is rude money hungry. They have taken blood for my husband and never called back with results. Just want him to come in and pay fir another office visit. Won't go back or ever recommend him to anyone.