inactive

2.6
  • 14 reviews

June 4th, 2014
Can't recommend
Very rude doctor. My visit took all of 5 min, with him shoving his finger where a finger shouldn't go. Not gentle at all. Unpleasant demeanor, really not my cup of tea. He may do it for you, however. Oh, he misdiagnosed my condition as well, but I was still charged as if it were the correct diagnosis.

July 5th, 2012
Dr. Stein's experience and knowledge is worth the wait. I have to wait as long in other Dr's office so what is the big deal? I pray he will soon be able to return to his practice.Godspeed, Dr. Stein!

April 18th, 2012
There is a reason this guy is so highly recommended!
Doctor Stein diagnosed a problem that had been missed by three other urologists--because he paid attention. This guy is bright, to the point, efficient, and the best around. It's just fortunate for me that I found him and discovered I didn't really have an enlarged prostate at all....Just normal built-up "scale" that could be trimmed back leaving me back where I was at 30! This guy is worth waiting for! ed.

January 5th, 2012
Good Doctors are hard to find
I was apprehensive about seeing Dr. Stein after reading on the comments on this site. I was pleasantly surprised to find his bedside manner and empathy for my condition exceeded my expectations. He's a wonderful doctor. If you want someone who knows what he's doing, cuts to the point, and does care, he's your doc. NY attitude or not, he knows what he's doing.

January 5th, 2012
Forever Grateful
Dr. Stein has been treating my dad for several years. Dr. Stein saved his life from kidney cancer several years ago because he cares and is persistent in reaching a diagnosis. I have never met a doctor/specialist with as much sincere concern not only for the patient but for their family as well. During all of the office visits and hospital stays Dr. Stein always included me while explaining/discussing any treatment plans. Never once have I felt as though my dad was just another patient to be processed. Dr. Stein truly cares about the patient, their well being, and the patient's family. I may be his biggest fan, but in my book he is truly a wonderful person and an EXCELLENT physician.

October 21st, 2011
Long wait time
Would not recomend this doctor.

September 1st, 2011
University Professor
This was my second visit. The first was a short wait, but the second took about an hour to see the doctor. Bad scheduling. The staff overall was friendly. I believe Dr. Stein is professional,caring & easy to talk to. I feel calm, especially in this situation which is not easy for a man. He examines you well and answers all questions. Many doctors wont even touch you, but sit at their laptops talking. He is by far one of the better Urologists I have been to! I would highly recommend him.

July 20th, 2011
The Administrative Assistant needs to stick to her paperwork and stay out of my husband's personal reasons for seeing Dr. Stein. Dr. Stein was too quick to diagnos the condition as an infection only to tell him very nonchalantly that he had cancer.

March 11th, 2011
Unprofessional office staff
While the services performed by Dr. Stein were competent enough, his schedule is usually overbook, thus wait times are typically long. In addition, the office staff is generally unprofessional and sometimes downright rood. After a few visits you get the feeling you're dealing with the DMV, and feel lucky for any service you get.

December 29th, 2010
Not reliable
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, and I elected to have a Robotic Prostatectomy. After not hearing from the doctor office two days prior to surgery I call the doctor office for a status. I was told they were waiting for a proxy. Several days passed, and I called again. I was told they were waiting for the equipment. I asked Dr Stein to call me. I have yet to hear from the doctor office in spite of being told the office will be in contact with me once a week. I selected another doctor to perform my surgery.

April 7th, 2010
Worst doctor's visit ever
With only two visits, I had more problems with this guy than I even feel comfortable about writing here. Besides the fact that he is incredibly rude, and insensitive, he misdiagnosed me and put the wrong insurance codes on my file. Therefore, insurance wouldn't cover my $750 of incorrect tests. After contacting his office, his front desk thugs were rude and simply blamed me. When I contacted him directly, he refused to get back in touch with me. This guy is miserable.

January 28th, 2010
Long Wait!!
Always expect to tak atleast an hour!!! sometimes two hours!!