Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
1325 San Marco Blvd
Ste 200
San Marco, Jacksonville, FL 32207
904-346-3465
Locations and availability (6)

by Andrea Brigman on Jul 18th, 2013

Dr. Steinberg recently operated on my hand to remove a cyst that had grown quite large and involved bone and joint movement. I could not have been more pleased with his surgical skill, the attentivness of his staff and his post operative care. I would highly recommend Dr. Steinberg to anyone needing orthopedic hand care and/or surgery.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Kaysee on Jul 15th, 2013

Wonderful staff and very prompt! Dr. Steinberg went over my diagnosis and plan of care thoroughly, helping me understand and discuss my concerns. I will definitely refer my friends and family to their clinic as I could not be more pleased with my overall plan of care.

|  patient  |  show details
by Joy on Jul 15th, 2013

My daughter lacerated her finger from a knife that occured at 7:15 am. Was so pleased to know that his staff got us in to see Dr. Steinberg that morning at 8:00. His staff was ready and even postponed her paper work until after the visit. Dr. Steinberg came in with a warm and kind spirit and began treatment ...I can honestly say, I felt like everyone was there for us. We were so pleased with the professional treatment that we received.

|  Director CSX Transportation - Retired  |  show details
by Ed Pettit on Jul 2nd, 2013

Dr. Steinberg and his staff are absolutely the best . Over the last 2 1/2 years I've had both of my thumb joints replaced by Dr. Steinberg. I have full use of my hands now WITHOUT PAIN! I can't say enough about how much I trust Dr. Steinberg. Don't look anywhere else!

by John S on Jun 25th, 2013

Rare is the combination of superb technical skill and bedside manner. After a severly dislocated shoulder, I was treated by Dr. Steinberg at Baptist. The complicated repair went flawlessly and the follow up was both prompt and compassionate. Kudos as well to his excellent staff.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by John Russette on Jun 21st, 2013

I have had 4 different surgeries with Dr. Steinberg involving hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder on both Right & Left sides. Every encounter has been completely satisfactory in outcome. I appreciate Dr. Steinberg's conservative approach to surgery, state-of-the-art technique, and patient interaction. He sets the bar for all other physicians.

by Lester Simmons on Jun 17th, 2013

I had the extender tendon tore from middle finger,after emergency hand surgery at Lake Butler Hand Institute,they suggested I find a hand specialist that could repair or replace the extender tendon. I talked with Dr.Steinberg about My options,he prepared me for three different scenario's as it turned out he was able to use scar tissue and one of the extender tendons from my index finger.Long story short, My Hand is almost 100% Thanks to Dr. Steinberg

|  Arrogant, egotistical, and not helpful  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

This doctor was so uncaring and nasty, I left his office in tears. He was quick to point out his experience and his Harvard education, and just as quick to minimize my problems. I asked him if he would dismiss one of his sport team patients like he was dismissing me. At least the egotistical jerk was honest when he said, "no." He explained that just as patients pick doctors, doctors pick patients.

|  If you're in pain, see someone else  |  show details
by Les Linville on Jan 11th, 2010

After sitting for 1 1/2 hours to be seen, my shoulder was finally x-rayed and I was told that it was seperated, with the possibility of ligament and rotator cuff damage. I was then scheduled for an MRI.....a week later!!! Meanwhile I'm in pain and I was told by Dr. Steinberg that he doesn't prescribe narcotic painkillers becuase "they're addictive". Last time I checked, they were good for treating pain also!! I'm not asking for Oxycontin and I'm not asking for a 30 day supply....just something to ease the pain till I find out the full extent of the damage. These doctors could care less about how their patients feel and are obviously more concerned about getting as much money in copays and repeat visits as possible. I was told that I should go to the emergency room if I need pain meds. I'm sorry, but if I were in it just for the pain meds, I would have. I trusted this doctor to prescribe something for my pain after acknowledging the fact that my shoulder is damaged, and he did nothing. So now I'm suffering through the pain for two weeks (one week to schedule MRI and one to wait on the results). If you're in pain now, don't bother seeing this doctor because his magical solution to pain is "any over-the-counter anti-inflammatory". Unfortunately, ibuprofen doesn't ease the pain of ligament/tendon damage for some of us. If you can suffer through the pain for another month or so, maybe he's your man. Otherwise, don't waste your time or money.