Dr. Bruce Summerville Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Bruce Summerville?

horrible bed side manner

Posted on September 13th, 2016

saw me for very short time and just calls everything arthritis

removal of bad reviews

Posted on July 3rd, 2015

Great doc. Knows his stuff

Posted on January 2nd, 2014

Posted on August 17th, 2013

After waiting almost an hour for him to see me , he spent about 10 minutes with me where he failed to diagnose the problem. He did not think there was anything wrong with me and sent me on my way. Months later , still in pain I went to another doctor who accurately diagnosed my torn cartilage that needs surgery.

Fair diagnosis, major billing issues

Posted on May 19th, 2011

I saw Dr. Summerville after dealing with shoulder pain for close to a year (I had to wait for my HMO insurance to finally cover the visit). Dr. Summerville's diagnosis was vague... he had suspicions of what was wrong, but wanted to do "exploratory surgery" to confirm. I wasn't so thrilled with that answer and ended up seeing a different specialist who eventually did perform surgery.Flash forward six months and a receive a $300+ bill from Dr. Summerville's office for the consultation visit. I called his office, explained that I was on HMO when I saw him and that the visit had been pre-approved and covered. They insisted I call my insurance provider, which I did. It turned out Dr. Summerville's staff failed to submit the insurance claim within the amount of time required (they submitted the paperwork three months after my visit), and my insurance provider said they'd deal with the matter. A month later I received another bill for the same amount from Dr. Summerville's office. I'm still dealing with this issue at present. These people are at best very incompetent and at worst scam artists. Simply put, there are better doctors (and staff) out there.

Excellent doctor

Posted on August 5th, 2010

I'm in my 40's but have been living with severe knee pain because of sports injuries when I was younger. I had seen other doctors who either said I was too young for a knee replacement, or recommended a total knee replacement. Dr. Summerville identified that the arthritis only involved half my knee. He knew I wanted to stay as active as possible. He performed a partial knee replacement. The recovery was really fast and I only stayed in the hospital for a few days. I can bike and play doubles tennis now.

Posted on March 23rd, 2017